Thread: Premium prices

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    Haha oh wow. I thought I misread but no, that's hilarious.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I'm in the corner of people who gladly payed the premium fee before the steep increase, and would again if they lowered it, but as it stands now? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodacia View Post
    I'm in the corner of people who gladly payed the premium fee before the steep increase, and would again if they lowered it, but as it stands now? Never.
    I'm just glad we got to keep our custom titles

High Overlord
    This is generally the type of monetization you see just before sites are put down, smells a little bit last ditch effort.

Would be sad to see. :/

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    $6 a month? Man I could simp some hoes on Onlyfans for that.

Mods and rules here are way to heavy to actually want to give this site money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    A sampling of the post counts of people who don't think this site is worth supporting:

Just from this thread.
    I didn't realise Post Count = Worth. I've watched 1000's of hours of the Simpsons in my Life but would never pay for a box set of their DvD's.

There was no maths - was just showing how you need more when you pay less.

I don't recall any of my posts TELLING anyone to either pay $6 a month, or to be happy.

I'm just being rational about this situation ... obviously people find this site valuable, obviously this site costs a lot to run ... so obviously the money has to come from somewhere.

That's either advertising or subscriptions ... that's it.
    6001 people paying $1 > 1000 people paying 6.

You don't need 10,000.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    This is generally the type of monetization you see just before sites are put down, smells a little bit last ditch effort.

Would be sad to see. :/
    Oh, I doubt this simple website has some major expenses that aren't covered by ads. I'm sure there is still plenty of ignorants who don't have Adblock. If there weren't, then Kotaku and Polygon would have gone under a long time ago, being the hateclick trash that they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Mods and rules here are way to heavy to actually want to give this site money.
    THANK YOU!

The moderation here is the number 1 reason while I will never give these guys one dime.

Why is there even a need for moderators? Sure, a moderator is needed to take care of insults, threats, etc...BUT THAT'S IT.
    Instead we got ridiculous rules like "Forbidden topics". Are you fucking kidding me? Let people talk about whatever the hell they want!!!!!!! Your job as a moderator, under normal rules, is to make sure people don't jump at eachother's throats, not to police speech and conversation subjects.

Fix your shit GESTAPO moderation, and then we can talk about white listing MMOC or even contributing.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-05-03 at 04:23 PM.

A sampling of the post counts of people who don't think this site is worth supporting:

Just from this thread.
    And your point being? I supported the original premium system and i made my point rather clear as to why i am not doing so now.
    Calling people out like this is only going to create the opposite effect, there hasn't even been an explanation behind the price change.

It's not a matter of affordability for me, but i won't simply pay more for something that has not changed and there has been no communication around. That simple.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Fix your shit GESTAPO moderation

Lol......exaggeration much. MMOC mods aren't going to hunt you down and have you disappear from the internet and never to be seen again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Oh, I doubt this simple website has some major expenses that aren't covered by ads. I'm sure there is still plenty of ignorants who don't have Adblock. If there weren't, then Kotaku and Polygon would have gone under a long time ago, being the hateclick trash that they are.

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOU!

The moderation here is the number 1 reason while I will never give these guys one dime.

Why is there even a need for moderators? Sure, a moderator is needed to take care of insults, threats, etc...BUT THAT'S IT.
    Instead we got ridiculous rules like "Forbidden topics". Are you fucking kidding me? Let people talk about whatever the hell they want!!!!!!! Your job as a moderator, under normal rules, is to make sure people don't jump at eachother's throats, not to police speech and conversation subjects.

Fix your shit GESTAPO moderation, and then we can talk about white listing MMOC or even contributing.
    There are forbidden topics because people on this forum have consistently and thoroughly proven they can't handle discussions about them. Those topics weren't always forbidden on here, and there's good reason for them now being on that list.

Real problem is a hesitation to implement posting restrictions against sockpuppet accounts and ban evaders, and otherwise clean up bad faith posters and trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOU!

Lol asks for more moderation, while complaining about the forum being moderated.
    GG

Just from this thread.
    I mean, yeah. $6 is absurd for what is given.

It's not even Khadgar meme thing, it's simply just that. 6 bucks a month for some shitty forum badge? Yeah, they gotta sweeten that deal there. 99c was fine and yes I did not pay it either, but at least it's sensible, as in "ok whatever, here you go guys" kind of thing. I could totally see myself go "yeah whatever, have it".

If they want to charge money almost on par with Twitch Prime, Netflix or half of WoW sub, they should offer actual proper benefits there. 6 bucks for being a good guy towards some random forum is a tad too high.

Lol what the fuck? I remember when the premium thing came out and it was so cheap I was like "yeah sure why not", plus I got to have this custom title that now stays after losing premium. These prices are insane for practically nothing, ahaha.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Lol, as if I would ever pay them to ban me for every 10 comments I make.

On this website I feel like the proverbial black person in a Chinese shop. I just know the owner and all the security cameras are fixated on me from the moment I stepped into the shop.
    I'm not gonna pay them for this treatment.
    Wait - you get 10 posts before they ban you?
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Lol asks for more moderation, while complaining about the forum being moderated.
    GG
    Who the hell asked for more moderation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rngmonster The God View Post
    Lol doofus idiot. Must be german.
    How much you want to bet nothing happens to the poster who wrote the above post, but I get an infraction for saying something about it?

It's really funny to me that the only person defending this is the only person I've yet seen with a member badge.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    GG
    He's asking for better moderation, not more moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Wait - you get 10 posts before they ban you?
    They have it out for me. I'm a hardened criminal, man. They just can't want for me to say something inappropriate and BAM! "forbidden topics" or just say it's "trolling", since anything at all can be "trolling". All the mods here support left-leaning politics, and I speak out against left-leaning politics, so some mod gets triggered and invents some some shit on the spot to shut me up with a 3 week ban.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-05-03 at 05:58 PM.

Well, I don't have access to their numbers. But I doubt this is worth it. I assume they calculate that people don't cancel their premium or there are so few premium subscribers that the accounting costs more and they rather have fewer more paying customers to make it worthwhile.

No idea, I don't understand most subscription costs in the first place. I would gladly pay for my news site, but their minimum price is 25€, that's absurd. That's more than I was paying as student for their paper subscription 20 years ago.