Thread: Premium prices

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I’m replying here because I think it’s more appropriate than in the thread the poster below created:

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I've always been grateful to MMO-Champion for giving me a place to share my views, and I've always sort of had a soft spot for this place for some reason. It would be nice to be able to donate without receiving any kind of tag or reward. Maybe an option to turn off emblems if you donate, something like that.

In fact, as I type this, I think that would be cool. Just an option to hide the emblem. Maybe you just want to support the site once in a while without all the glitter and gold.

Just a suggestion.
    I agree with the above.

I've bought Premium in the past, I'd be happy to make an annual contribution to the running of the site (but not a minimum of $59.99 - I'd rather donate that amount to a charity), I don't need / want a "forum badge" in return.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I’m replying here because I think it’s more appropriate than in the thread the poster below created:

I agree with the above.

I've bought Premium in the past, I'd be happy to make an annual contribution to the running of the site (but not a minimum of $59.99 - I'd rather donate that amount to a charity), I don't need / want a "forum badge" in return.
    I think, or at least this is where i stand if we had a better view of what it is all for and a possible roadmap of what this site intend is going in to the future.

It is all rather old to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I think, or at least this is where i stand if we had a better view of what it is all for and a possible roadmap of what this site intend is going in to the future.

It is all rather old to be honest.
    I think it would have been good if the team on MMO-C would have actually improved the forum over the years rather than making excuses why they can't do X and Y or not really doing anything. There are plenty of members that are good at what they do and could have volunteered to assist the development of the platform. But, that might be a problem with the ones who own MMO-C.

I am still waiting for basic feature implementations that I and others have requested over the years for instance hiding .postbitignored when you ignore someone. At least maybe make POLLs and vote on features.

But, the cost is probably to cover the hosting which is probably not the cheapest for MMO-C.
    - Professional Russian - ex Front End Web Dev / Aspiring Cinematographer

I think that most of you need to find better careers if you and afford $5/m

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    I think that most of you need to find better careers if you and afford $5/m
    Is the question people cannot afford 5 dollars a month or is it do you open up a window in a car, bus, train, or whatever you ride in and just toss 5 dollars out it monthly for next to no reason.

I feel its the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Is the question people cannot afford 5 dollars a month or is it do you open up a window in a car, bus, train, or whatever you ride in and just toss 5 dollars out it monthly for next to no reason.

I feel its the second.
    Depends if you find value in the extra $5

Lol. Like I would pay to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Lol. Like I would pay to be banned.
    Me too.. or to ban some mods

Me too.. or to ban some mods
    I'd actually pay if I had ban immunity.

But they previously had the same thing for 1 dollar. That means its value is 1 dollar a month. It's now 6 dollars a month, for no extra benefits.

Would you start paying 5 dollars more a month for something if you didn't get more out of it? Or rather, would you pay 6 times as much?

I feel its the second.
    And yet you find reason to be here.... so your analogy is flawed by your own reasoning.

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

What are you guys talking about in the premium threads? About us freeloaders who just want to argue on the site you pay for?? HUH!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    And yet you find reason to be here.... so your analogy is flawed by your own reasoning.
    Being here for free or paying 5 dollars for something you still can do for free is what he means.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

Best Mage ever lived!

If I ever see someone with the Legendary badge I'm hopping into their DMs to see if they can spare any cash my way seems as they're literally throwing money away.

$240 a year seems a hell of a lot to give to a website that doesn't provide any unique content.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Being here for free or paying 5 dollars for something you still can do for free is what he means.
    Then maybe he should have said what he meant

The simple fact remains that it costs money to run MMO-C ... and if someone has got >10k posts over several years, then they obviously see some value in the place.

Not suggesting everyone should pay up - but I don't see a problem in people who can afford it, paying for a service they find useful.

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

Here. For. Free? Logical to the end I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But they previously had the same thing for 1 dollar. That means its value is 1 dollar a month. It's now 6 dollars a month, for no extra benefits.

Would you start paying 5 dollars more a month for something if you didn't get more out of it? Or rather, would you pay 6 times as much?
    Depends on if you still found value at $5.

At $1 it could have its value increased.

Let’s give another example.

Do you deserve a raise each year?
    Does rent go up?
    Does inflation happen?
    Was that priced under valued at $1

If people can’t afford $1 vs $5 Then I think They need to rethink their career choice

I understand it's extremely valuable. It's like you get the site everyone gets for free but instead at the cost of 5 a month. So I see your point. The investment return is huge. The product delivered is astronomical.

Truth is its just a donation. Which I am fine with. Just stop with the primuim membership club stuff and fixed pricing at let it be what it is. A donation.

Logical to the end I see.
    I find logic and reason to be the best approach to reality..... however your statement that there is no value in a site that you obviously find value in - that's not exactly logical

Don't panic.

Then maybe he should have said what he meant

The simple fact remains that it costs money to run MMO-C ... and if someone has got >10k posts over several years, then they obviously see some value in the place.

Not suggesting everyone should pay up - but I don't see a problem in people who can afford it, paying for a service they find useful.
    Agree about that, if someone sees the value of it, then they pay if they want
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

Best Mage ever lived!

I understand it's extremely valuable. It's like you get the site everyone gets for free but instead at the cost of 5 a month. So I see your point. The investment return is huge. The product delivered is astronomical.

Truth is its just a donation. Which I am fine with. Just stop with the primuim membership club stuff and fixed pricing at let it be what it is. A donation.

I agree with you... It’s pretty garbage stuff