How do you see monks if you look back on prewious expansion ?

I am a dk main since wotlk and ATM stuck between Dk Dh Monk. I see their pros and cons but I would like to know what you all think about monk dps and tanking with gameplay or it is fun or not compared to the others based on the experience since they are introduced. Im not interested in orediction about Shadowlands.

Tank - solid gameplay, mechanics sometimes make it more or less viable for progression.
    DPS - Usually middle of the pack DPS, sometimes high, sometimes good AoE, awkward rotation
    Heals - pretty fun for a healer, viability varies wildly from patch to patch.

I miss throwing thoose flowers that rooted in PvP.
    Considered useless due to the travel, but when you got the hang of it it was pretty OP and fun.
    Also the old "steal weapon" was so cool!

Monk had a cool niche and I dont think its been fun over time since MoP.
    Healing is fun, but the old fistweave-stance was the thing that really made it shine for me.

Rotation is a lot of fun imo since there isnt a set rotation. The mastery makes it a lot of fun. The legion/bfa is the best iteration imo, and ive been maining monk since 5.3 ish.

I personally enjoy monk tanking more than DH tanking, juggling that stagger meter making you pretty solid against burst damage. Really any class with super mobility helps win me over, and while demon hunters can do those short little dashes, it's hard to beat launching myself like a missile off cliffs with chi torpedo. (makes a great combo with the "bouncy" pandaren racial)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Monk os the only class that I can honestly say I wish they never touched. I loved all 3 monk specs in MoP, and now I dislike them all (WW is okish, but me and brm are ruined for me).

Brewmaster just feels so slow and clunky, I hate that they removed blackout kick and jab, I hate that he uses that basic "heroic strike" animation for his builder, I hate that they removed clash and most self healing. In MoP is was my favourite tanking class, now I only go back to it once in a while to see if it's any better and it never is.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Brewmaster just feels so slow and clunky, I hate that they removed blackout kick and jab, I hate that he uses that basic "heroic strike" animation for his builder, I hate that they removed clash and most self healing. In MoP is was my favourite tanking class, now I only go back to it once in a while to see if it's any better and it never is.
    Logged in just to agree. Think its been a few years since I unsubbed and this was one of the main reasons. Brewmaster just lost alot of its flavour compared to MoP, even in the expansion after, redone outlands? wasnt bad but by legion it was gutted and then BFA was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Trikszter View Post
    I am a dk main since wotlk and ATM stuck between Dk Dh Monk. I see their pros and cons but I would like to know what you all think about monk dps and tanking with gameplay or it is fun or not compared to the others based on the experience since they are introduced. Im not interested in orediction about Shadowlands.
    Personally, the attack animations are extremely off with monk/the sound is off. Your character moves weird when doing them resulting in a disorienting experience. This ruins the fun for me

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Monk os the only class that I can honestly say I wish they never touched. I loved all 3 monk specs in MoP, and now I dislike them all (WW is okish, but me and brm are ruined for me).

You might like shadowlands brewmaster. Blackout kick, back. Clash, back. Expel harm, back. Crazy absorb negating the need for self healing in open world content, check. Faster playstyle since you aren't constantly smashing ISB, check. Welcome back Mr. Carter, welcome back.

Started in Legion, really liked all specs. Lost relatively little in the BFA transition, became my new main after outlaw was gutted to the (rolled) bones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I have mained ww monk back in MoP and even now I find they have one of most fun play style. Really engaging, ww has tools for nearly all situations. I started playing my monk again recently and having a blast.