Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The eternal cycle of definitions.

A term describes something that is wrong precisely and becomes popular. People start to attach it to more and more other things they don't like. The term starts to lose all meaning.

See also grind, time gated, MAUs and clunky.

Next up: why buffs should be removed from the game because they are borrowed power.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Heroic dungeons are strictly a group activity so its much harder to bot. Torghast *can* be run solo. So they will be run solo a lot. And then people will bot them to hell.
    Rubbish. If botters wanted to farm it efficiently they'd multibox the shit out of it. Not even sure what they would be farming there with the intended caps and all that. Also you seriously overestimate the capabilities of bots if you think they can breeze through torghast, all the traps alone, not to mention the randomized layouts make this quite a bit harder than your run of the mill pathing bot that farms anchorweed and stands still and fishes till the end of time. Edit: If it isn't clear, you pretty much claim that complex dungeon level gameplay will be botted because you can do them alone. If you could bot dungeon level content that easily, then there would be guilds already doing that.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2020-04-17 at 07:47 AM.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    I'm surprised so many people are excited for it. The horrific visions were super lame and felt worse than dailies.
    Well...you can't necessarily compare the one with the other...just like I wouldn't compare HV with proving grounds...but yeah...ofc ppl have already compared Torghast and HV...even before it came out.

Or are you surprised about the positivity, because this forum often cannot go without sounding overall negative.

And that is not saying you shouldn't be critical. But look at the vote on the new UI. Votes are 48% saying "I like it", yet the posts are mostly saying "It is bad" (while only 28% voted bad...the rest of votes was neutra and IDK)

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Contained within a single piece of content without affecting raids, pvp, etc. This is good.
    How different tastes can be. The fact that it is locally restricted and just another rental system makes it totally unappealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It needs to be a permanent endgame system imo. Alongside M+, Raids, PvP.
    If it's successful, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it in some form or another. I think once the basic framework is implemented it can easily be changed to a different theme and even expanded.

If it is a bunch of active abilities i do hope it comes with it's own bar. Worst thing about pvp abilities is them being a grey button 80% of the time.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    If it is a bunch of active abilities i do hope it comes with it's own bar. Worst thing about pvp abilities is them being a grey button 80% of the time.
    From what I've seen, it's passive stat increases and ability modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by SLNC View Post
    From what I've seen, it's passive stat increases and ability modifiers.
    You get abilities that you can use once per floor. It would be nice they would incorporate them into the GUI on the right side, haven't seen anyone pick them yet though, most go for character abilities in their streams.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You get abilities that you can use once per floor. It would be nice they would incorporate them into the GUI on the right side, haven't seen anyone pick them yet though, most go for character abilities in their streams.
    Ah, then probably just having a single slot for that kinda thing in the Zone Ability thingy would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Is it just me, or does Torghast seem like something out of Diablo?
    More like potd from ffxiv. But yeah, it has a Rift from D3 feel too.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Visions are quite fine imo, their biggest flaw is requiring a grind that takes longer than the horrific visions themselves. The work to enjoyment ratio is just not justifiable.

OT: Very excited for this feature and seeing how it plays as a group vs solo
    Wait what? The grind to do a vision is a 2 minute at most mini vision daily.

Also you seriously overestimate the capabilities of bots if you think they can breeze through torghast, all the traps alone, not to mention the randomized layouts make this quite a bit harder than your run of the mill pathing bot that farms anchorweed and stands still and fishes till the end of time.
    You know absolutely nothing about botting. Bots have been farming Diablo 2 for 20 years, and that has randomly generated dungeons and maps. Diablo 3 suffers from bots that auto run rifts and those maps are randomized as well. its trivial at this point. There will be a slew of bots in Torghast on day 1.

Ahem.. I haven't seen any game play footage and no one is talking about the most important thing.. Is the place a pimple pocket to look at? Is the over-all aesthetic nice? I'm really tired of ugly purple/red corruption garbage sprawling everywhere, so so tired.

It's time to bring back clean settings with clarity and detail outside of sprawling color vomit everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It needs to be a permanent endgame system imo. Alongside M+, Raids, PvP.
    Hey relax!

Need to see more things first.

So far it looks quite fun. I'm really much more looking forward to it than i was looking into doing islands back then.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Ahem.. I haven't seen any game play footage and no one is talking about the most important thing.. Is the place a pimple pocket to look at? Is the over-all aesthetic nice? I'm really tired of ugly purple/red corruption garbage sprawling everywhere, so so tired.

It's time to bring back clean settings with clarity and detail outside of sprawling color vomit everywhere.
    This was my concern as well, as generated content often looks quite samey. So far it looks a lot like the Frozen Throne, ICC raid aesthetic, but without the ice and snow. There is some variety in the tile set already and some vistas are quite impressively beautiful (open skies, floating cages, etc.). We'll see if it's varied enough; so far islands seem a lot more aesthetically varied, but it's early days.

Torghast to me feels like a Mobile game, and very out of place for a MMORPG. I mean it looks fun , but not in a game like WOW. I see people doing this rather then raiding and m+. It feels , IMHO anyway, that Blizzard is really trying to make wow a single player RPG.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Torghast to me feels like a Mobile game, and very out of place for a MMORPG. I mean it looks fun , but not in a game like WOW. I see people doing this rather then raiding and m+. It feels , IMHO anyway, that Blizzard is really trying to make wow a single player RPG.
    Eh you can do Torghast as a group, how is that different from doing a dungeon as a group? And mobile game? Because of what? It feels more like a rougelite which are very fun games and has a lot of replayability even though you may run through the same map multiple times, its genious.

How would this be forced if the rewards are capped anyway? Without TF there is also no reason to run it for lower rewards endlessly.

"Because I feel I have to get better by improving my skill" was NEVER EVER a cause for people to feel forced to do anything. The raiding scene has proven that for 15 years straight.
    That absolutely won't matter. Yes people will run them multiple times over and over again if entries weren't capped.

I'm very surprised people are enjoying it. When described at Blizzcon it felt like another take on WoW's number crunching hamsterwheels like Island Expeditions. Since they've stated Torghast is an essential part of the story and end-game it's good if they indeed got it right.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.