Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Contained within a single piece of content without affecting raids, pvp, etc. This is good.
    How different tastes can be. The fact that it is locally restricted and just another rental system makes it totally unappealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It needs to be a permanent endgame system imo. Alongside M+, Raids, PvP.
    If it's successful, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it in some form or another. I think once the basic framework is implemented it can easily be changed to a different theme and even expanded.

If it is a bunch of active abilities i do hope it comes with it's own bar. Worst thing about pvp abilities is them being a grey button 80% of the time.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    If it is a bunch of active abilities i do hope it comes with it's own bar. Worst thing about pvp abilities is them being a grey button 80% of the time.
    From what I've seen, it's passive stat increases and ability modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by SLNC View Post
    From what I've seen, it's passive stat increases and ability modifiers.
    You get abilities that you can use once per floor. It would be nice they would incorporate them into the GUI on the right side, haven't seen anyone pick them yet though, most go for character abilities in their streams.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You get abilities that you can use once per floor. It would be nice they would incorporate them into the GUI on the right side, haven't seen anyone pick them yet though, most go for character abilities in their streams.
    Ah, then probably just having a single slot for that kinda thing in the Zone Ability thingy would be good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Is it just me, or does Torghast seem like something out of Diablo?
    More like potd from ffxiv. But yeah, it has a Rift from D3 feel too.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Visions are quite fine imo, their biggest flaw is requiring a grind that takes longer than the horrific visions themselves. The work to enjoyment ratio is just not justifiable.

OT: Very excited for this feature and seeing how it plays as a group vs solo
    Wait what? The grind to do a vision is a 2 minute at most mini vision daily.

Also you seriously overestimate the capabilities of bots if you think they can breeze through torghast, all the traps alone, not to mention the randomized layouts make this quite a bit harder than your run of the mill pathing bot that farms anchorweed and stands still and fishes till the end of time.
    You know absolutely nothing about botting. Bots have been farming Diablo 2 for 20 years, and that has randomly generated dungeons and maps. Diablo 3 suffers from bots that auto run rifts and those maps are randomized as well. its trivial at this point. There will be a slew of bots in Torghast on day 1.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahem.. I haven't seen any game play footage and no one is talking about the most important thing.. Is the place a pimple pocket to look at? Is the over-all aesthetic nice? I'm really tired of ugly purple/red corruption garbage sprawling everywhere, so so tired.

It's time to bring back clean settings with clarity and detail outside of sprawling color vomit everywhere.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It needs to be a permanent endgame system imo. Alongside M+, Raids, PvP.
    Hey relax!

Need to see more things first.

So far it looks quite fun. I'm really much more looking forward to it than i was looking into doing islands back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Ahem.. I haven't seen any game play footage and no one is talking about the most important thing.. Is the place a pimple pocket to look at? Is the over-all aesthetic nice? I'm really tired of ugly purple/red corruption garbage sprawling everywhere, so so tired.

It's time to bring back clean settings with clarity and detail outside of sprawling color vomit everywhere.
    This was my concern as well, as generated content often looks quite samey. So far it looks a lot like the Frozen Throne, ICC raid aesthetic, but without the ice and snow. There is some variety in the tile set already and some vistas are quite impressively beautiful (open skies, floating cages, etc.). We'll see if it's varied enough; so far islands seem a lot more aesthetically varied, but it's early days.

Torghast to me feels like a Mobile game, and very out of place for a MMORPG. I mean it looks fun , but not in a game like WOW. I see people doing this rather then raiding and m+. It feels , IMHO anyway, that Blizzard is really trying to make wow a single player RPG.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Torghast to me feels like a Mobile game, and very out of place for a MMORPG. I mean it looks fun , but not in a game like WOW. I see people doing this rather then raiding and m+. It feels , IMHO anyway, that Blizzard is really trying to make wow a single player RPG.
    Eh you can do Torghast as a group, how is that different from doing a dungeon as a group? And mobile game? Because of what? It feels more like a rougelite which are very fun games and has a lot of replayability even though you may run through the same map multiple times, its genious.

How would this be forced if the rewards are capped anyway? Without TF there is also no reason to run it for lower rewards endlessly.

"Because I feel I have to get better by improving my skill" was NEVER EVER a cause for people to feel forced to do anything. The raiding scene has proven that for 15 years straight.
    That absolutely won't matter. Yes people will run them multiple times over and over again if entries weren't capped.

I'm very surprised people are enjoying it. When described at Blizzcon it felt like another take on WoW's number crunching hamsterwheels like Island Expeditions. Since they've stated Torghast is an essential part of the story and end-game it's good if they indeed got it right.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    its a roguelike section, stop only playing wow

it gives legendaries, what u think?
    Depends what they intend to do with both Raids and PvP ( talking about pvp, in dreanor, if i recall correctly there was lvl cap, while in legions damage % from artifacts was disabled in pvp ). It's up to the developers to screw things up like bfa or not, but since it's a new expansion and apart from the fact that things are still in alpha we know nothing about rated PvP and raids, everything could be.

But even though, given what we already know, I adming I am pessimistic about the whole expansion.
    How would this be forced if the rewards are capped anyway? Without TF there is also no reason to run it for lower rewards endlessly.

"Because I feel I have to get better by improving my skill" was NEVER EVER a cause for people to feel forced to do anything. The raiding scene has proven that for 15 years straight.

- - - Updated - - -

You will most likely have to run a set number of floors until you fill your weekly quota for the legendary crafting mats, anima and soulbind currency.

The big difference so far is that unlike islands, this one actually seems to be fun in some regard at least. It will remain to be seen if you can get the resources via other means as well, but Torghast is a central piece of endgame progression and a large part of the story (you go there to rescue souls along the way and all that).
    The story can be done just once, with a single character.
    There shouldn't be any need to grind it over and over with different characters ( like you currently do with your shroud of resolve ).

So, while it could be ok to unlock stuff once per account, they have to state "at least" that playing an alt will unlock to you every step you already managed to complete.
    Who managed to create an alt during 8.3 knows exactly what I am talking about.

1) nazjatar prequest
    2) Mechagon prequest
    3) Essences have to be unlocked one by one
    4) cloak quest has to be done ( with some skips, but it has to be done and it's a waste of time )
    5) Assaults grind with every character ( 1 major and 2 minor per week. Eventually 1 fast daily per day, and if you wan't to have the maximum profit, 7 more dailies per day. Everything per character ).
    6) 1 or 2 keys to be completed per week ( 5 and 4 masks, for 470/465 ilvl. Eventualy you'll just do the 470 ).
    7) Now you could raid or pvp ( unless you wan't specific stuff from old raids, like the ashevane trinket, or some burst trinket from pve, like the mechagon remote device or the HC raid trinket ).

What I am trying to point out is that the system push you to spend too much time grinding and few time playing.
    I still hope they realized what a mess what bfa in terms of alt friendly mechanics and rng, but seems they don't care at all.

What a player can do is to just have 1 single character ( hoping that won't require you to have X character of the same class, 1 per pvp, 1 per m+ and 1 per raid, because of covenant skills. Because while they stated that they will try to balance stuff, we all know that balance in a rpg is impossible, and past experiences here on wow confirm this ).

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That absolutely won't matter. Yes people will run them multiple times over and over again if entries weren't capped.
    You failed to present a sound reasoning once again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

You failed to present a sound reasoning once again.
    That is the reason. Because they are uncapped. If I have learned one thing about wow community is that reason doesn't have to exist for people to grind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Depends what they intend to do with both Raids and PvP ( talking about pvp, in dreanor, if i recall correctly there was lvl cap, while in legions damage % from artifacts was disabled in pvp ). It's up to the developers to screw things up like bfa or not, but since it's a new expansion and apart from the fact that things are still in alpha we know nothing about rated PvP and raids, everything could be.

But even though, given what we already know, I adming I am pessimistic about the whole expansion.

The story can be done just once, with a single character.
    There shouldn't be any need to grind it over and over with different characters ( like you currently do with your shroud of resolve ).

So, while it could be ok to unlock stuff once per account, they have to state "at least" that playing an alt will unlock to you every step you already managed to complete.
    Who managed to create an alt during 8.3 knows exactly what I am talking about.

1) nazjatar prequest
    2) Mechagon prequest
    3) Essences have to be unlocked one by one
    4) cloak quest has to be done ( with some skips, but it has to be done and it's a waste of time )
    5) Assaults grind with every character ( 1 major and 2 minor per week. Eventually 1 fast daily per day, and if you wan't to have the maximum profit, 7 more dailies per day. Everything per character ).
    6) 1 or 2 keys to be completed per week ( 5 and 4 masks, for 470/465 ilvl. Eventualy you'll just do the 470 ).
    7) Now you could raid or pvp ( unless you wan't specific stuff from old raids, like the ashevane trinket, or some burst trinket from pve, like the mechagon remote device or the HC raid trinket ).

What I am trying to point out is that the system push you to spend too much time grinding and few time playing.
    I still hope they realized what a mess what bfa in terms of alt friendly mechanics and rng, but seems they don't care at all.

What a player can do is to just have 1 single character ( hoping that won't require you to have X character of the same class, 1 per pvp, 1 per m+ and 1 per raid, because of covenant skills. Because while they stated that they will try to balance stuff, we all know that balance in a rpg is impossible, and past experiences here on wow confirm this ).
    First of all.

You don't have to do

1, 2, 3, 5.

You can skip story entirely. You just have to do cloak, visions do some M+ keys and raid.

Second, alts should not be free otherwise they would be mandatory. And lately I genuinely hope even switching specs should be expensive as fuck.