Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I mean, it's not the effort part. It's the having to DPS at all.

There's another thread about removing the "trinity". I would love the total opposite. Tanks and healers lose most of their ability to DPS. Tanks become pure threat management and mitigation, healers heal and give utility and scrap DPS from their utility, so that they only DPS.

DPS players have it better at the moment, they don't have to integrate healing into their normal rotation, switching from one role to another. But this is normal practice in endgame for healers, just annoying.
    Sounds like a really good way to drive off every tank and healer in the game.

Threat management gameplay was excised from the game and for good reason, and once you've got your survivability sorted there's not an awful lot of gameplay left to get out of that, so it's only natural that you then to turn maximizing damage output, because if the boss dies faster there's less chance of you dying.

Likewise for healers. There's already too many healers who just flagrantly refuse to press their damage-dealing buttons, even though they could absolutely afford to. There are significant periods in many fights where little damage is happening, and you could absolutely spend that time putting some damage on the boss. Hell, there's even talents and an entire spec centered around healers dealing damage to improve their healing. Because if the boss dies faster, you don't have to heal as much.

As someone who played warrior for a long ass time, you just macro it into abilities eventually and the whole mechanic just becomes useless.

Everyone who think "oh but this is going to slow down gameplay so much, won't work in the fast paced game we have today, we need more ability off gcd, not more!"

Do you even realise that stances were never ever in the history of WoW on the actual GCD?
    Stances always were off the GCD, with a 1 sec internal cooldown specific to stances.

You didn't need to wait 1.5sec after switching to DStance to disarm back in the day, or to press Overpower after switching to CStance.

It was actually really really fast, fluid, with actually more things to press and a faster paced gameplay than today. Because like fire mages do nowadays with Fire Blast which is off the GCD and can be cast while casting something else, good warriors back in the day were nearly constantly changing stances during the GCD of their actual techniques.

And as I Rank 1 player, I can assure you that macroing abilities with stances was an actual gameplay/flexibility/keybinds loss, it's basic algorithmic.

Bring back stances 100%.

I don't care. Not a single bit. I don't quite understand what's so awesome about stance dancing. In Classic it works because the Class plays slow af. As time moved on and stances retained their specific values, it just moved on to a wide selection of macros for every ability. So you want the incredible "depth" of macroing most to every single button?

As far as stances go, MoP was fine. There was no specific need or reason to macro anything to every single fucking button. Every stance had a very clearly defined use. Deff Stance straight forward, Battle Stance your base stance, really. And Berserker Stance was a very undervalued, but useful stance especially for that very minor RPM min/maxing, by utilizing it whenever heavy damage came in and you wouldn't require def stance or lived spicy enough to opt for not using it.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    How about no, Stance dancing is stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

There was never an actual need to macro anything when stances existed.

I think they are great because they increase the class skill cap and help differentiate the Warrior from other melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    As someone who played warrior for a long ass time, you just macro it into abilities eventually and the whole mechanic just becomes useless.
    ^This... if a macro effectively negates the choice then it's not a choice... just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    How about no, Stance dancing is stupid.
    ^Also this
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

They actually already added it back. On your Bnet launcher above the play button is a button that says "version" click that and choose "world of warcraft classic" you can now stance macro on your warrior to your little hearts content!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post
    Everyone who think "oh but this is going to slow down gameplay so much, won't work in the fast paced game we have today, we need more ability off gcd, not more!"

Do you even realise that stances were never ever in the history of WoW on the actual GCD?
    Stances always were off the GCD, with a 1 sec internal cooldown specific to stances.

You didn't need to wait 1.5sec after switching to DStance to disarm back in the day, or to press Overpower after switching to CStance.

It was actually really really fast, fluid, with actually more things to press and a faster paced gameplay than today. Because like fire mages do nowadays with Fire Blast which is off the GCD and can be cast while casting something else, good warriors back in the day were nearly constantly changing stances during the GCD of their actual techniques.

And as I Rank 1 player, I can assure you that macroing abilities with stances was an actual gameplay/flexibility/keybinds loss, it's basic algorithmic.

Bring back stances 100%.
    muh stance dancing...

just macro everything and forget they ever existed. Great class design that requires actual skill of pressing CTRL+C and then CTRL+V once to make the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    but dude! they took it away! we want it back so the people who dont want it can be the ones being vocal about how stupid blizz is!