Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    No one has bothered to explain why stances are good for the game. You can't, because they aren't. You only want them because they were what you had in the past, but the game is better off without them.
    Do I really need to quote something I posted to you specifically again?

  2. #142
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    You mean new warriors. Stance dancing was fun as shit back in the day that’s what separates good warriors from bad
    I've played warrior since vanilla, was regarded as one of the very best tanks on my original server until I transferred in early Wrath - and I don't like stance dancing and do not want to see it come back. You seem to be struggling with this, but there is a difference between being good at something and enjoying something.

    The two don't always go hand in hand.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    No one has bothered to explain why stances are good for the game.
    It's actually the exact opposite: I explained why they are good but you never told me why they are bad. It's funny because I know many reasons why they are not perfect but I think the good things outweight the bad ones. Even funnier is the fact that I don't think they should reimplement them as they were, but I do think warriors need some kind of rework to make them more interesting.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I've played warrior since vanilla, was regarded as one of the very best tanks on my original server until I transferred in early Wrath - and I don't like stance dancing and do not want to see it come back. You seem to be struggling with this, but there is a difference between being good at something and enjoying something.

    The two don't always go hand in hand.
    I’m completely disregarding pve in these scenarios as things like this are almost completely irrelevant in that setting as most aspects of the game are.

    Also, a little hint the little humble brag a lot of you guys do on this forum

    I've played warrior since vanilla, was regarded as one of the very best tanks on my original server until I transferred in early Wrath
    Ew please don’t do this.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    was regarded as one of the very best tanks on my original server until I transferred in early Wrath
    Are you kungen?

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Are you kungen?
    Probably like server 7th KT kill guild in wrath. You mean you don’t recognize his name?

  7. #147
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    I’m completely disregarding pve in these scenarios as things like this are almost completely irrelevant in that setting as most aspects of the game are.

    Also, a little hint the little humble brag a lot of you guys do on this forum



    Ew please don’t do this.
    It wasn't a humble brag - its my way of shooting down the baffling and stupid idea that 'ONLY BADS/FAIL WARRS HATE STANCE DANCING' argument that several people in this topic have pushed.

    You could look through my nearly-10,000 posts and count the amount of times I've boasted about anything on one hand. Its not a good look and I hate doing it, even when its the truth. But when I see nonsense like 'only new warriors hate stance dancing' or 'its wut separates gud warr from bad warr'... I feel obligated to point out that hey... I'm a warrior that has played for a long-ass time, that knows what I am doing, and I hate stance dancing. I would rather play Farmville than go back to a world where I can only do this in that stance, or do that in this stance, etc etc.

    There's a lot of stuff they've removed that I would like back - Cleave/HS for prot, Gladiator Stance, many more - but stance dancing can die in a fire twice and stay dead.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    It's actually the exact opposite: I explained why they are good but you never told me why they are bad. It's funny because I know many reasons why they are not perfect but I think the good things outweight the bad ones. Even funnier is the fact that I don't think they should reimplement them as they were, but I do think warriors need some kind of rework to make them more interesting.
    Stances are tedious and unfun nothing buttons, just like Presences. The only reason you switched between them was to press a certain button that was gated behind that stance, or to eke out a teensy bit of extra survivability, then it's straight back to the stance that lets you actually perform your role. People don't actually enjoy these kinds of tradeoffs, so stances were removed in favor of just letting you access your entire kit all the time because that is more fun.

    Now, if they were going to reimplement them in a different form, that's a different discussion. The main consideration is how to implement them in a form that doesn't result in you sitting in the One True Stance 99% of the time, only occasionally switching to the others for some niche application.

  9. #149
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Stances are tedious and unfun nothing buttons, just like Presences. The only reason you switched between them was to press a certain button that was gated behind that stance, or to eke out a teensy bit of extra survivability, then it's straight back to the stance that lets you actually perform your role. People don't actually enjoy these kinds of tradeoffs, so stances were removed in favor of just letting you access your entire kit all the time because that is more fun.
    Nailed it.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It wasn't a humble brag - its my way of shooting down the baffling and stupid idea that 'ONLY BADS/FAIL WARRS HATE STANCE DANCING' argument that several people in this topic have pushed.
    No one good in this game would unironically say that they were regarded good tanks in early wrath. Also "stance dancing" didn't make any difference in your life. I'm 99.9% sure that you are trolling.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It wasn't a humble brag - its my way of shooting down the baffling and stupid idea that 'ONLY BADS/FAIL WARRS HATE STANCE DANCING' argument that several people in this topic have pushed.

    You could look through my nearly-10,000 posts and count the amount of times I've boasted about anything on one hand. Its not a good look and I hate doing it, even when its the truth. But when I see nonsense like 'only new warriors hate stance dancing' or 'its wut separates gud warr from bad warr'... I feel obligated to point out that hey... I'm a warrior that has played for a long-ass time, that knows what I am doing, and I hate stance dancing. I would rather play Farmville than go back to a world where I can only do this in that stance, or do that in this stance, etc etc.

    There's a lot of stuff they've removed that I would like back - Cleave/HS for prot, Gladiator Stance, many more - but stance dancing can die in a fire twice and stay dead.
    Oh god you doubled down on the flashyness fucking gross dude.

    Everyone and their mother was 10x rank 1 ex guild leader of top 10 guilds NA wow god leet gamer, we get it no one cares it doesn’t help your point at all. Once again, I am leaving pve out of the equation because there’s like 2 fights I can think of off the top of my head where a main tank actually has to leave prot stance. Stance dancing is completely irrelevant to you

  12. #152
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,090
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    No one good in this game would unironically say that they were regarded good tanks in early wrath. Also "stance dancing" didn't make any difference in your life. I'm 99.9% sure that you are trolling.
    Reading comprehension not a strength of yours, I see.

    Also, I couldn't care less if you think I am trolling. People here have the right to express that they want stance-dancing back, and I have the right to express that I think it is a shit mechanic that was removed for a reason.

    People aren't always going to agree with you, that's life.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    Oh god you doubled down on the flashyness fucking gross dude.

    Everyone and their mother was 10x rank 1 ex guild leader of top 10 guilds NA wow god leet gamer, we get it no one cares it doesn’t help your point at all. Once again, I am leaving pve out of the equation because there’s like 2 fights I can think of off the top of my head where a main tank actually has to leave prot stance. Stance dancing is completely irrelevant to you
    Yes clearly I doubled down, what with all those ranks and leet titles and achievements and things I listed.

    Its hard to have a conversation with someone whose words are coming out of the wrong end of their body, so feel free to direct your hyperbole at the next 'dude'.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Reading comprehension not a strength of yours, I see.

    Also, I couldn't care less if you think I am trolling. People here have the right to express that they want stance-dancing back, and I have the right to express that I think it is a shit mechanic that was removed for a reason.

    People aren't always going to agree with you, that's life.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes clearly I doubled down, what with all those ranks and leet titles and achievements and things I listed.

    Its hard to have a conversation with someone whose words are coming out of the wrong end of their body, so feel free to direct your hyperbole at the next 'dude'.
    You aren’t apart of this conversation because you walked into a stance dancing thread with pve in mind. You couldn’t be more irrelevant if you tried

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People aren't always going to agree with you, that's life.
    I didn't even say I disagree with you though? I just said you are wrong how it actually worked.

  15. #155
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Ah yes, because inserting an additional button press before you can press your defensive cd is definitely "fun".
    You won't have additional button, you'll macro them into one button.

    #showtooltip Shield Wall
    /equipslot 16 Sword of Gnome Humiliation
    /equipslot 17 Nomi's Stove Lid
    /cast [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance; Shield Wall

    And fun thing is, that when you macro all your shit - you stop giving a fuck about stances, because they become irrelevant - you want to do shit, you press a button, you get a result, just like on retail, just like how it supposed to be. Maybe some people miss seeing "shitty" warriors who don't know how to macro or google, because they automatically become "better" warriors just because they know that internet is a thing and they can google "warrior stance macroes".

    I would be so happy if they'd salvage black ork mechanic from warhammer online tho, it was so fucking fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And fun thing is, that when you macro all your shit - you stop giving a fuck about stances, because they become irrelevant - you want to do shit, you press a button, you get a result, just like on retail, just like how it supposed to be.
    I thought you just equipped shield in your macro went defensive stance? Doesn't sound too irrelevant to me or is your MS gonna do the same damage with 1 hander as it does with 2 hander?
    ps. these macros should have been implemented directly in the default UI

    edit: I'm actually too tired to discuss this. I don't understand how shit you have to be in this game to not realize how huge difference this makes.
    Last edited by dzd; 2020-04-19 at 03:56 AM.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You won't have additional button, you'll macro them into one button.

    #showtooltip Shield Wall
    /equipslot 16 Sword of Gnome Humiliation
    /equipslot 17 Nomi's Stove Lid
    /cast [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance; Shield Wall

    And fun thing is, that when you macro all your shit - you stop giving a fuck about stances, because they become irrelevant - you want to do shit, you press a button, you get a result, just like on retail, just like how it supposed to be. Maybe some people miss seeing "shitty" warriors who don't know how to macro or google, because they automatically become "better" warriors just because they know that internet is a thing and they can google "warrior stance macroes".
    Exactly. There's just no point in stances if this is how you use them. If you have multiple abilities that are always macroed together, then why aren't they just one button in the first place?

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    then why aren't they just one button in the first place?
    That's interesting question. These should have been implemented in the game in the first place.

  19. #159
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,759
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    I thought you just equipped shield in your macro went defensive stance? Doesn't sound too irrelevant to me or is your MS gonna do the same damage with 1 hander as it does with 2 hander?
    This macro puts you into def stance if you're in battle or zerker stance (it won't work if you have no stance, like right after resurrecting), on second press it turns on shield wall. Because stances and abilities are on different GCDs (imagine interrupt these days and any other ability) you can effectively spam it or doubletap and get shield wall up instantly.

    You won't have any rage to use MS anyways after swapping stance, defensive stance required shield and defensive stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    ps. these macros should have been implemented directly in the default UI
    That's why they removed stances and made abilities do stuff instead. If you had proper macroes "back in the day" you'd see no difference to how things work today and probably would forget about stances existing, because you stop interacting with them at this point.

    Basically in a videogame you want buttons to do stuff you want them to do. so when you expect to be shat upon you end up in this situation:
    1) You realize that you're about to be shat upon
    2) You press "oh shit" button
    that's it, easy and convenient.

    But there is a group of people who expect it to be like this:
    1) You realize that you're about to be shat upon
    2) You press "defensive stance"
    3) You press "open backpack" hotkey
    4) You navigate to a shield
    5a) You right click shield
    6a) You get error message "You can't equip shield with a two-handed weapon"
    7a) You open character screen
    8a) You drag and drop two-hander into backpack
    9a) You right click shield
    10a) You right click one-hander
    11a) You click shield wall.
    5b) You right click one-hander
    6b) You right click shield
    7b) You click shield wall

    Which also can be turned into by googling :
    1) You realize that you're about to be shat upon
    2) You press "oh shit" macro
    The only difference from first option is existence of second option, so you can laugh and be "better" than those unfortunate new players who don't know what macro is or how to google.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-04-19 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    This macro puts you into def stance if you're in battle or zerker stance (it won't work if you have no stance, like right after resurrecting)
    Then you should probably use [nostance:2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You won't have any rage to use MS anyways after swapping stance, defensive stance required shield and defensive stance.
    Yeah because you don't get rage from taking damage and hitting with one hander?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •