Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Bring back Stances 100%

    Was the deciding factor between a good warrior and a bad warrior - knowing what to do and when to do it.
    I quit my warrior (and competitive pvp) once they started messing with stances (Mists 5.0.4). Even today, warrior of <5.0.4 has always been my favorite class, they butchered it.
    When people say things like "mongoloid melee" they are literally talking about skill-less warriors. Remember, Berserker rage was only in Berserker Stance, there was counter play for warlocks and priests. Spell Reflect required a shield and stance requirements. Overpower was battle stance only and had payoffs (huge crit). Fury could use a shield and one 2-hand weapon when turtling. Hamstring caused damage and could apply deep wounds. Talent choices like "Booming Voice" separated warriors that got kited by rogues/mages and those that smashed rogues/mages. Mocking Blow being battle stance only was a tool to use against hunters when you saw a scatter trap coming (pettaunt).

    Now... well.... it's just pathetic. I'd say, "Fix this shit," but we all know Blizzard's mentality is, "You think you know, but you don't"
    I agree with you

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    The only difference from first option is existence of second option, so you can laugh and be "better" than those unfortunate new players who don't know what macro is or how to google.
    I don't think anyone wants this. The problem is that you don't actually understand what happens when you press the macro.

  3. #163
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,759
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Then you should probably use [nostance:2]
    Then it only works when you have no stance, aka, you just died and resurrected
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Yeah because you don't get rage from taking damage and hitting with one hander?
    When you have to tank something that hits that much to justify usage of shield wall you don't care about dealing less damage with MS, because you won't have a chance to hit with MS with two-hander, because you'll fucking die. That's why it's called a defensive cooldown, you pop it in hopes that someone else will kill 2% marrowgar by getting on top of threat meter and giving everyone else some time to shit on him
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then it only works when you have no stance, aka, you just died and resurrected

  5. #165
    Fuck that shit good riddance it is gone.

  6. #166
    Stance dancing was a bloody chore, no thanks!

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Passive buff stances are the most meaningless version of stances. You pick your one stance and you never change it. You might as well just build the buff into the class. Which is, you know, exactly what they did.
    If you wanted to survive, you picked defensive stance. I would use it for flag carrying, maybe back up tank?

    If you wanted 50/50, you go battle stance. I would use battle stance in pvp situations.

    If you wanted to deal damage, you go berserker stance. Obviously I would use it in pve situations to maximize dps output.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Incorrect. It doesn't matter if you use macro or not, but I'd agree that using the skill should switch your stance if possible, thus making macro unnecessary for everyone.

    Kinda silly if you can't have different gameplay for different classes.

    It's the same thing with less downsides and simplified conditions.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Sure there is probably many people who think like that.

    I don't understand what's your argument here? You should never shut up if you think something else would be more fun.

    If you are talking about the nochanges silly thing in classic - it's a meme only because the players don't trust blizzard. In reality _every_ player would like to see changes but they think that it is better to play broken game than let blizzard make bad changes.

    edit: you do realize that most classic change posts are like "give infinite mana to ele so I can DPS in raids"? Changes like that would probably not have any effect in the other parts of the game
    No, what I am saying is when something you want already exists you simply go to use the service that provides it.

    If I want a Big Mac I won't go to Burger King to throw a temper tantrum just because I want a Big Mac there. I walk out and into a McDonald's and get my Big Mac.
    Sure, I might prefer the chairs or tables at Burger King but if my priority is a Big Mac then I'll settle using McDonald's chairs.
    If my priority was eating at Burger King then I'd take what I can get there.

    It's not a hard concept to understand.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    It's not a hard concept to understand.
    Seems to be hard for you to understand that shadowlands is in development state and they are making changes to classes and even asking feedback for it

    Idk you probably like burgers too much to think straight for one second.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Said no warrior, ever.
    except I do want that. If there's one thing I enjoy on my warrior on classic is to stance dance, its way better than button smashing

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    except I do want that. If there's one thing I enjoy on my warrior on classic is to stance dance, its way better than button smashing
    It's still button mashing, but clunkier.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    Hi!

    One of the most fun aspects of playing warrior in classic is (imho) swapping around between stances. This creates depth and you can enjoy the different aspects of being a warrior.

    • Charge in and rend up your targets.
    • An incoming healer joining the fight? Berserker and intercept.
    • Oh, two rogues attacking? Better use my sword+board macro and swap to defensive.
    • The bastard rogue dodged? No worries. Back to battle stance.

    Am I alone loving this and hoping it will return in Shadowlands (even tho it's not mentioned in the upcoming changes...)?

    /vexxan
    Except every dumbass will copy/paste a one-button macro that does the "thinking" for you. Because it's not really thinking, it's just sequencing something you'd never do outside that order. It'll literally be a that says "/cast [stance:berserker] intercept; [nostance:berserker] berserker stance".

    What's the difference between berserker and intercept or just intercepting? Besides you telegraphing to the healer your intentions ahead of time?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    If you wanted to survive, you picked defensive stance. I would use it for flag carrying, maybe back up tank?

    If you wanted 50/50, you go battle stance. I would use battle stance in pvp situations.

    If you wanted to deal damage, you go berserker stance. Obviously I would use it in pve situations to maximize dps output.
    How is this any different from the defensive stance in game right now?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then it only works when you have no stance, aka, you just died and resurrected
    No, it says "[Nostance:2]" meaning whenever you aren't in stance 2. That's no stance, stance 1 and stance 3.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Wouldn't the better solution be that the game just automatically switches your stance if you use skill that requires another stance?
    why have stances at that point?

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    why have stances at that point?
    Read the thread.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Seems to be hard for you to understand that shadowlands is in development state and they are making changes to classes and even asking feedback for it

    Idk you probably like burgers too much to think straight for one second.
    Seems to be hard for you to understand that they stated they will not do major class reworks.
    Giving warriors stances back would be a pretty major rework they certainly won't do.

    So again, it's not a hard concept to grasp.

    This is the exact same thing when people were saying "oh Classic is gonna be super hard" and turned out its easier than LFR.
    Those people shut up pretty quickly after Molten Core was cleared in under a week.

    You are objectively wrong here. It doesn't matter how much in developement SL is, warriors are not getting stances back it's 120% guaranteed.
    Accept reality instead of lobbying for bullshit that won't happen anyways. "But maybe" is not an argument.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Fuck that shit, I'd switch to my monk or paladin so fucking fast.

    I hated that shit back then
    Bringing back stance dancing sure would weed out a lot of faux warriors in addition to bringing back flavour to the class.

  17. #177
    MoP stances were the perfect middle ground imo.
    DPS Warrior of "Hard in the Paint" Arthas
    A true master is an eternal student.
    My YouTube

  18. #178
    the only thing i care about playing warrior is the ability to use a two handed weapon and wielding a shield for all specs.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Bringing back stance dancing sure would weed out a lot of faux warriors in addition to bringing back flavour to the class.
    No it would add tediousness with no value because dumdums think "more buttons = more interesting". Macros literally remove any stance-dance choices and just turn a 1-gcd action into a 2-gcd action / 2 button click macro.

    It would scare away people who want genuine challenges because other classes offer meaningful choices rather than bloat simple choices with more GCDs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    the only thing i care about playing warrior is the ability to use a two handed weapon and wielding a shield for all specs.
    I think warrior could benefit from Diablo IV barbarian design philosophy of having a full arsenal of weapons.

    Stance dancing could be interesting if it were accompanied by different weapon setups and maybe even different talent choices for each stance. (So more like older hunter pets, where you define what you want out of each stance). But then it wouldn't be the stance dancing the dumdums are clamoring for. It would be actually interesting and meaningful.

  20. #180
    Legendary! Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,905
    This sounds like being a ranged class and begging for Dead Zone back because handling it took skill.

    Only Stance Dance I want to see ever again is the one I'll dance whenever Gladiator Stance is back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •