Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Nobody actually thinks stance dancing is fun. Like anything else in vanilla, it's just tedious and restrictive. No, its not "skillful", it's annoying.
    Never said I was referring to vanilla. Stance dancing was in way more expansions than just vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    Never said I was referring to vanilla. Stance dancing was in way more expansions than just vanilla
    And was still just as unfun.

And was still just as unfun.
    Sounds like the words of a warrior sitting in zerker stance getting stun locked in arena.

Yeah you know what’s way more fun? Just face rolling all your abilities and just hitting my ‘defense cd’ button and not thinking twice about it. Yup such fun.

Sounds like the words of a warrior sitting in zerker stance getting stun locked in arena
    Many people don't understand why sitting in zerker would be bad and when they die they think the game is just bad. They can't get the enjoyment for making the right plays when they don't understand them. Some people hate that you can be punished for making a mistake and that's probably why we ended up with bfa arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Many people don't understand why sitting in zerker would be bad and when they die they think the game is just bad. They can't get the enjoyment for making the right plays when they don't understand them. Some people hate that you can be punished for making a mistake and that's probably why we ended up with bfa arenas.
    This is exactly why. Which is why I don’t think we need fail safes for everyone to be competent. Let people be bad it’s ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I'll pass too.

Doesnt warriors have Defensive stance? Last time I played arena they had. Just use it.

Long time warrior here (been one since vanilla, switched to ret in TLK and then went back in early cata to war til now). And I totally don't want to get stance dance ever again. Stance dance was only about having macro and losing ressources or talent point into it while any other class could do everything they do without this malus.

Stance were only good in late MoP when they removed the stance and shield requirement for spells because stance actually became choices of style. Would you be willing to sacrifice 5% damage to get more rage while taking damage ? Would you need to play it safe and switch to def ? Being forced into a stance to do one spell is not cool. Letting the player choose how he want to manage his stances is. And gating spells behind stance is not a way to let him manage his stance. I

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Maybe they think it's more fun playstyle but don't like the content in classic? Obivous example would be raiding in classic: if you are only interested in mythic raiding you are probably not gonna waste your time playing classic. You are confused about the difference in core gameplay and the content/activities that the games offer.
    Okay, so what if I prefer retail gameplay with Classic content?

Do I get to have people defend my bullshit too?
    Or should I just play the game where my playstyle is supported and shut up?

I think we both know the answer to this.

Sounds like the words of a warrior sitting in zerker stance getting stun locked in arena.

Yeah you know what’s way more fun? Just face rolling all your abilities and just hitting my ‘defense cd’ button and not thinking twice about it. Yup such fun.
    Ah yes, because inserting an additional button press before you can press your defensive cd is definitely "fun".

Ah yes, because inserting an additional button press before you can press your defensive cd is definitely "fun".
    Oh you think that’s the only way to use defensive stance? Oh honey that is just adorable!

Oh you think that’s the only way to use defensive stance? Oh honey that is just adorable!
    Ah yes, because it's so much fun to spend an entire fight in defensive stance when you're not the tank.

If your abilities aren't stance-locked, there's no point to stances. If they are, it's just a tedious mechanic blocking you from pressing the buttons you want. Stances were removed for a reason. DK Presences were removed for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    what? I much prefer stance dancing over button mashing.
    stance dancing is just button mashing while button mashing.

If your abilities aren't stance-locked, there's no point to stances.
    Proving you know/knew nothing about how to play a warrior with each and every post. This is why it needs to come back. I would love to see warriors juggling around making it look like their cat is walking on the keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Stance dance was only about having macro
    Incorrect. It doesn't matter if you use macro or not, but I'd agree that using the skill should switch your stance if possible, thus making macro unnecessary for everyone.
    while any other class could do everything they do without this malus.
    Kinda silly if you can't have different gameplay for different classes.
    Would you be willing to sacrifice 5% damage to get more rage while taking damage ? Would you need to play it safe and switch to def ? Being forced into a stance to do one spell is not cool. Letting the player choose how he want to manage his stances is. And gating spells behind stance is not a way to let him manage his stance.
    It's the same thing with less downsides and simplified conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Okay, so what if I prefer retail gameplay with Classic content?
    Sure there is probably many people who think like that.
    Do I get to have people defend my bullshit too?
    Or should I just play the game where my playstyle is supported and shut up?
    I don't understand what's your argument here? You should never shut up if you think something else would be more fun.
    I think we both know the answer to this.
    If you are talking about the nochanges silly thing in classic - it's a meme only because the players don't trust blizzard. In reality _every_ player would like to see changes but they think that it is better to play broken game than let blizzard make bad changes.

edit: you do realize that most classic change posts are like "give infinite mana to ele so I can DPS in raids"? Changes like that would probably not have any effect in the other parts of the game
    Last edited by dzd; 2020-04-19 at 01:29 AM.

Stance dancing was fun in vanilla/tbc, and switching stances only while under 25 rage to not lose any had some skill to it, but i feel like it would be too clunky in todays wow, tho id love to have stances back and have them be like def stance=take less dmg battle stance=single target zerker=aoe or something along those lines, kinda like dk presences, hell, you could even have a talent that makes it so that you get some procs or something that make you deal more dmg with an ability in a specific stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Stance Dancing" consisted of making macros and ignoring stances.

People act like it's this amazingly complex thing, but it's not. You can literally macro everything and remove stances from your bar and be no worse off. If you didn't do this back in the day and think manually shifting makes you some WoW god, I mean, have fun I guess, but you were putting in a significant amount of unnecessary work that the actual good players never did.

you can totally go back to it and just play wow classic

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    "Stance Dancing" consisted of making macros and ignoring stances.

People act like it's this amazingly complex thing, but it's not. You can literally macro everything and remove stances from your bar and be no worse off. If you didn't do this back in the day and think manually shifting makes you some WoW god, I mean, have fun I guess, but you were putting in a significant amount of unnecessary work that the actual good players never did.
    In pvp no it was not. You didn’t just use stances for abilities. Like I said, understanding when you’re being hardswapped to and preemptively going into d stance is an example of how to use stances. Another example is knowing when you will be fear in vanilla and going into zerker stance.

It’s just a different way to play the game where instead of just reacting to what just happened you have to know what’s going to happen before it does. This is what made good warriors shine and bad warriors dirt.

But how would it work with the game as it is? It's either:

1) Switching stances isn't on the global cooldown, in which case the only additional mechanic is that you macro all of your abilities and have a cramped toolbar with multiple versions of your abilities.

or

2) Switching stances is on the global cooldown, whereupon you're basically grinding Warrior combat to a halt as you're going to have a ton of global cooldowns where you have to press a button to not actually do anything.

Which of these scenarios actually creates better gameplay for Warriors?