Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I've played warrior since vanilla, was regarded as one of the very best tanks on my original server until I transferred in early Wrath - and I don't like stance dancing and do not want to see it come back. You seem to be struggling with this, but there is a difference between being good at something and enjoying something.

The two don't always go hand in hand.
    I’m completely disregarding pve in these scenarios as things like this are almost completely irrelevant in that setting as most aspects of the game are.

Also, a little hint the little humble brag a lot of you guys do on this forum

I've played warrior since vanilla, was regarded as one of the very best tanks on my original server until I transferred in early Wrath
    Ew please don’t do this.

was regarded as one of the very best tanks on my original server until I transferred in early Wrath
    Are you kungen?

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Are you kungen?
    Probably like server 7th KT kill guild in wrath. You mean you don’t recognize his name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    I’m completely disregarding pve in these scenarios as things like this are almost completely irrelevant in that setting as most aspects of the game are.

Also, a little hint the little humble brag a lot of you guys do on this forum

Ew please don’t do this.
    It wasn't a humble brag - its my way of shooting down the baffling and stupid idea that 'ONLY BADS/FAIL WARRS HATE STANCE DANCING' argument that several people in this topic have pushed.

You could look through my nearly-10,000 posts and count the amount of times I've boasted about anything on one hand. Its not a good look and I hate doing it, even when its the truth. But when I see nonsense like 'only new warriors hate stance dancing' or 'its wut separates gud warr from bad warr'... I feel obligated to point out that hey... I'm a warrior that has played for a long-ass time, that knows what I am doing, and I hate stance dancing. I would rather play Farmville than go back to a world where I can only do this in that stance, or do that in this stance, etc etc.

There's a lot of stuff they've removed that I would like back - Cleave/HS for prot, Gladiator Stance, many more - but stance dancing can die in a fire twice and stay dead.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It's actually the exact opposite: I explained why they are good but you never told me why they are bad. It's funny because I know many reasons why they are not perfect but I think the good things outweight the bad ones. Even funnier is the fact that I don't think they should reimplement them as they were, but I do think warriors need some kind of rework to make them more interesting.
    Stances are tedious and unfun nothing buttons, just like Presences. The only reason you switched between them was to press a certain button that was gated behind that stance, or to eke out a teensy bit of extra survivability, then it's straight back to the stance that lets you actually perform your role. People don't actually enjoy these kinds of tradeoffs, so stances were removed in favor of just letting you access your entire kit all the time because that is more fun.

Now, if they were going to reimplement them in a different form, that's a different discussion. The main consideration is how to implement them in a form that doesn't result in you sitting in the One True Stance 99% of the time, only occasionally switching to the others for some niche application.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Stances are tedious and unfun nothing buttons, just like Presences. The only reason you switched between them was to press a certain button that was gated behind that stance, or to eke out a teensy bit of extra survivability, then it's straight back to the stance that lets you actually perform your role. People don't actually enjoy these kinds of tradeoffs, so stances were removed in favor of just letting you access your entire kit all the time because that is more fun.
    Nailed it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It wasn't a humble brag - its my way of shooting down the baffling and stupid idea that 'ONLY BADS/FAIL WARRS HATE STANCE DANCING' argument that several people in this topic have pushed.
    No one good in this game would unironically say that they were regarded good tanks in early wrath. Also "stance dancing" didn't make any difference in your life. I'm 99.9% sure that you are trolling.

You could look through my nearly-10,000 posts and count the amount of times I've boasted about anything on one hand. Its not a good look and I hate doing it, even when its the truth. But when I see nonsense like 'only new warriors hate stance dancing' or 'its wut separates gud warr from bad warr'... I feel obligated to point out that hey... I'm a warrior that has played for a long-ass time, that knows what I am doing, and I hate stance dancing. I would rather play Farmville than go back to a world where I can only do this in that stance, or do that in this stance, etc etc.

There's a lot of stuff they've removed that I would like back - Cleave/HS for prot, Gladiator Stance, many more - but stance dancing can die in a fire twice and stay dead.
    Oh god you doubled down on the flashyness fucking gross dude.

Everyone and their mother was 10x rank 1 ex guild leader of top 10 guilds NA wow god leet gamer, we get it no one cares it doesn’t help your point at all. Once again, I am leaving pve out of the equation because there’s like 2 fights I can think of off the top of my head where a main tank actually has to leave prot stance. Stance dancing is completely irrelevant to you

10+ Year Old Account
    No one good in this game would unironically say that they were regarded good tanks in early wrath. Also "stance dancing" didn't make any difference in your life. I'm 99.9% sure that you are trolling.
    Reading comprehension not a strength of yours, I see.

Also, I couldn't care less if you think I am trolling. People here have the right to express that they want stance-dancing back, and I have the right to express that I think it is a shit mechanic that was removed for a reason.

People aren't always going to agree with you, that's life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    Oh god you doubled down on the flashyness fucking gross dude.

Everyone and their mother was 10x rank 1 ex guild leader of top 10 guilds NA wow god leet gamer, we get it no one cares it doesn’t help your point at all. Once again, I am leaving pve out of the equation because there’s like 2 fights I can think of off the top of my head where a main tank actually has to leave prot stance. Stance dancing is completely irrelevant to you
    Yes clearly I doubled down, what with all those ranks and leet titles and achievements and things I listed.

Its hard to have a conversation with someone whose words are coming out of the wrong end of their body, so feel free to direct your hyperbole at the next 'dude'.

Reading comprehension not a strength of yours, I see.

Also, I couldn't care less if you think I am trolling. People here have the right to express that they want stance-dancing back, and I have the right to express that I think it is a shit mechanic that was removed for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes clearly I doubled down, what with all those ranks and leet titles and achievements and things I listed.

Its hard to have a conversation with someone whose words are coming out of the wrong end of their body, so feel free to direct your hyperbole at the next 'dude'.
    You aren’t apart of this conversation because you walked into a stance dancing thread with pve in mind. You couldn’t be more irrelevant if you tried

I didn't even say I disagree with you though? I just said you are wrong how it actually worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, because inserting an additional button press before you can press your defensive cd is definitely "fun".
    You won't have additional button, you'll macro them into one button.

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /equipslot 16 Sword of Gnome Humiliation
    /equipslot 17 Nomi's Stove Lid
    /cast [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance; Shield Wall

And fun thing is, that when you macro all your shit - you stop giving a fuck about stances, because they become irrelevant - you want to do shit, you press a button, you get a result, just like on retail, just like how it supposed to be. Maybe some people miss seeing "shitty" warriors who don't know how to macro or google, because they automatically become "better" warriors just because they know that internet is a thing and they can google "warrior stance macroes".

I would be so happy if they'd salvage black ork mechanic from warhammer online tho, it was so fucking fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And fun thing is, that when you macro all your shit - you stop giving a fuck about stances, because they become irrelevant - you want to do shit, you press a button, you get a result, just like on retail, just like how it supposed to be.
    I thought you just equipped shield in your macro went defensive stance? Doesn't sound too irrelevant to me or is your MS gonna do the same damage with 1 hander as it does with 2 hander?
    ps. these macros should have been implemented directly in the default UI

edit: I'm actually too tired to discuss this. I don't understand how shit you have to be in this game to not realize how huge difference this makes.
    Last edited by dzd; 2020-04-19 at 03:56 AM.

You won't have additional button, you'll macro them into one button.

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /equipslot 16 Sword of Gnome Humiliation
    /equipslot 17 Nomi's Stove Lid
    /cast [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance; Shield Wall

And fun thing is, that when you macro all your shit - you stop giving a fuck about stances, because they become irrelevant - you want to do shit, you press a button, you get a result, just like on retail, just like how it supposed to be. Maybe some people miss seeing "shitty" warriors who don't know how to macro or google, because they automatically become "better" warriors just because they know that internet is a thing and they can google "warrior stance macroes".
    Exactly. There's just no point in stances if this is how you use them. If you have multiple abilities that are always macroed together, then why aren't they just one button in the first place?

then why aren't they just one button in the first place?
    That's interesting question. These should have been implemented in the game in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you just equipped shield in your macro went defensive stance? Doesn't sound too irrelevant to me or is your MS gonna do the same damage with 1 hander as it does with 2 hander?
    This macro puts you into def stance if you're in battle or zerker stance (it won't work if you have no stance, like right after resurrecting), on second press it turns on shield wall. Because stances and abilities are on different GCDs (imagine interrupt these days and any other ability) you can effectively spam it or doubletap and get shield wall up instantly.

You won't have any rage to use MS anyways after swapping stance, defensive stance required shield and defensive stance.
    ps. these macros should have been implemented directly in the default UI
    That's why they removed stances and made abilities do stuff instead. If you had proper macroes "back in the day" you'd see no difference to how things work today and probably would forget about stances existing, because you stop interacting with them at this point.

Basically in a videogame you want buttons to do stuff you want them to do. so when you expect to be shat upon you end up in this situation:
    1) You realize that you're about to be shat upon
    2) You press "oh shit" button
    that's it, easy and convenient.

But there is a group of people who expect it to be like this:
    2) You press "defensive stance"
    3) You press "open backpack" hotkey
    4) You navigate to a shield
    5a) You right click shield
    6a) You get error message "You can't equip shield with a two-handed weapon"
    7a) You open character screen
    8a) You drag and drop two-hander into backpack
    9a) You right click shield
    10a) You right click one-hander
    11a) You click shield wall.
    5b) You right click one-hander
    6b) You right click shield
    7b) You click shield wall

Which also can be turned into by googling :
    2) You press "oh shit" macro
    The only difference from first option is existence of second option, so you can laugh and be "better" than those unfortunate new players who don't know what macro is or how to google.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-04-19 at 04:10 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

This macro puts you into def stance if you're in battle or zerker stance (it won't work if you have no stance, like right after resurrecting)
    Then you should probably use [nostance:2]
    You won't have any rage to use MS anyways after swapping stance, defensive stance required shield and defensive stance.
    Yeah because you don't get rage from taking damage and hitting with one hander?

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Bring back Stances 100%

Was the deciding factor between a good warrior and a bad warrior - knowing what to do and when to do it.
    I quit my warrior (and competitive pvp) once they started messing with stances (Mists 5.0.4). Even today, warrior of <5.0.4 has always been my favorite class, they butchered it.
    When people say things like "mongoloid melee" they are literally talking about skill-less warriors. Remember, Berserker rage was only in Berserker Stance, there was counter play for warlocks and priests. Spell Reflect required a shield and stance requirements. Overpower was battle stance only and had payoffs (huge crit). Fury could use a shield and one 2-hand weapon when turtling. Hamstring caused damage and could apply deep wounds. Talent choices like "Booming Voice" separated warriors that got kited by rogues/mages and those that smashed rogues/mages. Mocking Blow being battle stance only was a tool to use against hunters when you saw a scatter trap coming (pettaunt).

Now... well.... it's just pathetic. I'd say, "Fix this shit," but we all know Blizzard's mentality is, "You think you know, but you don't"
    I agree with you

The only difference from first option is existence of second option, so you can laugh and be "better" than those unfortunate new players who don't know what macro is or how to google.
    I don't think anyone wants this. The problem is that you don't actually understand what happens when you press the macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you should probably use [nostance:2]
    Then it only works when you have no stance, aka, you just died and resurrected
    Yeah because you don't get rage from taking damage and hitting with one hander?
    When you have to tank something that hits that much to justify usage of shield wall you don't care about dealing less damage with MS, because you won't have a chance to hit with MS with two-hander, because you'll fucking die. That's why it's called a defensive cooldown, you pop it in hopes that someone else will kill 2% marrowgar by getting on top of threat meter and giving everyone else some time to shit on him