Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Lightbulb Bring back "stance dance" to Shadowlands, Blizzard – please

Hi!

One of the most fun aspects of playing warrior in classic is (imho) swapping around between stances. This creates depth and you can enjoy the different aspects of being a warrior.

• Charge in and rend up your targets.
    • An incoming healer joining the fight? Berserker and intercept.
    • Oh, two rogues attacking? Better use my sword+board macro and swap to defensive.
    • The bastard rogue dodged? No worries. Back to battle stance.

Am I alone loving this and hoping it will return in Shadowlands (even tho it's not mentioned in the upcoming changes...)?

/vexxan
    Last edited by vexxan; 2020-04-17 at 10:27 AM.

Said no warrior, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Said no warrior, ever.
    what? I much prefer stance dancing over button mashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't main warrior, he is least i played i think of all 9 original classes
    However I loved stance dance, it was what made warrior warrior imo
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    Hi!

One of the most fun aspects of playing warrior in classic is (imho) swapping around between stances. This creates depth and you can enjoy the different aspects of being a warrior.

• Oh, two rogues attacking? Better use my sword+board macro and swap to defensive.

Am I alone loving this and hoping it will return in Shadowlands (even tho it's not mentioned in the upcoming changes...)?

/vexxan
    I'd rather be able to do all that without awkward GCDs and rage loss from stance swapping, so no thanks. It's just kind of clunky, it works in Classic because the over all pace of the game is slower, but on live it would be a hassle.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Immagine rogue having to use and <Ability of nonsensical global cooldown> if they wanted to use any of their abilities...

stancedancing might wotk in vanilla when there's whopping 2 buttons to press, not in todays fast paced combat

Adding the need to press stance just to intercept would feel like putting a steel ball on a chain on your own feet

It is way too archaic of a mechanic. It edns up just being macro-ed too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi!

/vexxan
    I've mained warrior/hunter since vanilla and I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to see stance-dancing come back. Like at all.

Classic is that way > if you need that kind of thing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Stance dancing?
    So you have to macro all your abilities and lose resources for no reason at all? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that shit, I'd switch to my monk or paladin so fucking fast.

I hated that shit back then
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Hi!

/vexxan
    Blizzard does not read these forums.

If you want a chance of them hearing you twitter or reddit is the place to go.

Quick question about how you want it implemented:
    - stance change on the gcd
    or
    - macro [stance:?] into all your abilities and forget about the dance?

Hi!

/vexxan
    Only stance to bring back is Gladiator Stance.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Bring back Stances 100%

Was the deciding factor between a good warrior and a bad warrior - knowing what to do and when to do it.
    I quit my warrior (and competitive pvp) once they started messing with stances (Mists 5.0.4). Even today, warrior of <5.0.4 has always been my favorite class, they butchered it.
    When people say things like "mongoloid melee" they are literally talking about skill-less warriors. Remember, Berserker rage was only in Berserker Stance, there was counter play for warlocks and priests. Spell Reflect required a shield and stance requirements. Overpower was battle stance only and had payoffs (huge crit). Fury could use a shield and one 2-hand weapon when turtling. Hamstring caused damage and could apply deep wounds. Talent choices like "Booming Voice" separated warriors that got kited by rogues/mages and those that smashed rogues/mages. Mocking Blow being battle stance only was a tool to use against hunters when you saw a scatter trap coming (pettaunt).

Now... well.... it's just pathetic. I'd say, "Fix this shit," but we all know Blizzard's mentality is, "You think you know, but you don't"

God no! What is wrong with you!

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Only stance to bring back is Gladiator Stance.
    Exactly this and what the OP’s says is missing to the warrior are the reasons and don’t play my warrior anymore.

It’ll be also funny if they bring back Second Wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Bring back Stances 100%

Was the deciding factor between a good warrior and a bad warrior - knowing what to do and when to do it.
    I quit my warrior (and competitive pvp) once they started messing with stances (Mists 5.0.4). Even today, warrior of <5.0.4 has always been my favorite class, they butchered it.
    When people say things like "mongoloid melee" they are literally talking about skill-less warriors. Remember, Berserker rage was only in Berserker Stance, there was counter play for warlocks and priests. Spell Reflect required a shield and stance requirements. Overpower was battle stance only and had payoffs (huge crit). Fury could use a shield and one 2-hand weapon when turtling. Hamstring caused damage and could apply deep wounds. Talent choices like "Booming Voice" separated warriors that got kited by rogues/mages and those that smashed rogues/mages. Mocking Blow being battle stance only was a tool to use against hunters when you saw a scatter trap coming (pettaunt).

Now... well.... it's just pathetic. I'd say, "Fix this shit," but we all know Blizzard's mentality is, "You think you know, but you don't"
    what a bunch of bullshit lol .... talking about pvp, knowing what to do and when to do it is the factors between a good and a bad player of any class in this game. most of the stuff you are talking about after that part could be in the game for warriors without the stance requirement...

but hey, if you like GCDs so much and want to play the macro class of the game, then good for you, I guess... playing this shit without macros stance/equip makes you a bad warrior by default, and using macro defeat the whole purpose of stances. which one do you like the most?? lol..... the clunkiest shit this game ever had, and there was a bunch.
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-04-17 at 02:23 PM.

I didn't mind MoP stance dancing, where the avg person could completely ignore it, but people who cared could get a nice boost in dps when used situationally. Zerker stance gave you more rage when you took dmg and you could HS a lot more if you were in a situation where damage was going to be taken anyways. Of course I'm so out of the loop I don't even know if we have a rage dump anymore...

Please no. Stances were the worst thing ever, especially when you needed to switch them while in combat to maximize damage (cata?). That may potentially ruin my enjoyment of my main in pve scenarios again if it happened again.

Hahaha fuck that shit! In fact... remove the defensive stance talent and I’ll be happy with arms!