Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    This creates depth
    Does it?

Is it really that deep to need to press one button before another every single time you want to use a skill? Because I don't really think that's the case. Could always simulate that by just pressing a random button on your keyboard and then waiting a second and a half between each attack if you really wanted to.

Yeah, bring back macro dance! Either you have the brains to macro all abilities to contain the requisite stance or you don't. I can't see how writing macros makes for a deep fantasy game experience but maybe I play my warrior wrong and not with enough FEELING.

I don't really play my warrior anymore, but still, no, that shit was awful.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I wouldn't mind stance dancing to be back, but probably in a form of MOP's stances where it determines rage generation(Battle for just dealing damage, defensive for when taking damage, and berserker when dealing and taking damage) and giving little nuances to it. Say While in berserker bloodthirst has a higher chance to crit, while in battle your crits deal more damage.

But with current GCD stuff in right now, I can't say it'd feel too good unless a good portion of skills were off the GCD.

Wow, pppppppppaaaassssssss. Pretty much guaranteed to get me to switch up mains until they wisely shitcanned it again.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Only stance to bring back is Gladiator Stance.
    My man

But yeah no thanks, stance dancing was fun when leveling, but really lost its charm fast in group content
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Unfortunately the majority of the game's population are just too mentally ineffective to stance dance

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I'd rather be able to do all that without awkward GCDs and rage loss from stance swapping, so no thanks. It's just kind of clunky, it works in Classic because the over all pace of the game is slower, but on live it would be a hassle.
    So you want to do all of that without the stances?

Meaning you wanna be op and have all stances in one to ignore the rest.

Such good feedback, btw those things you call out can be fixed easily. Stances off the gcd= problem solved imo.

Stances is what made warrior, warriors. All the rest can be ignored into all classes do it the same just differntly.

It was a fun mechanic imo.

Hard pass. I was our MT in vanilla and on a great BG team - stance dancing was a way of life and was kind of fun at the time (even though it was almost all macros).

Everything people are saying concerning resource loss and the pace of the game are spot on though. Stance dancing just doesn't fit in the game anymore.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

i love stance dancing

No thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard pass if it's pre WoD stance dancing.

I think the WoD stance iteration was the best. It worked exactly like the current Druid form swaps, as in if you use an ability that requires a certain stance, you can use it regardless, and the game itself puts you in the correct stance automatically, without GCDs or drawbacks (it only incurred a internal cooldown between the stances themselves).

For exemple: Colossus Smash requires Battle Stance. If you use it while in Defensive Stance, it puts you automatically in Battle Stance and triggers the said skill. That created a certain skill management because you could be put in the incorrect stance if you bursted in a bad time (you still had to wait like 3 seconds to go back to the previous stance). I think few warrior players knew this, but if you used Taunt while in Battle Stance back then, it would put you back in Defensive Stance even if the stances were on cooldown. This way, you could do a quick burst in Battle Stance (using Csmash) and go back to dstance quickly with Taunt (thus ignoring the stances cooldown) if you were being pressured.

I'd be down for stance dancing if they re-implement something like this. But if its the pre-WoD stances, then, as I said before, hard pass.
    Last edited by Grakao; 2020-04-17 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Unfortunately the majority of the game's population are just too mentally ineffective to stance dance
    A troll, but I'll bite.

By today's standards, stance dancing as it was back in classic and TBC is incredibly simple. The pace of combat hastened and a mechanic that brought that pace to a screeching halt was undesirable.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    A troll, but I'll bite.

By today's standards, stance dancing as it was back in classic and TBC is incredibly simple. The pace of combat hastened and a mechanic that brought that pace to a screeching halt was undesirable.
    lel.

It established the pros from the bads.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, stance dancing was dumb, just NO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    Hi!

One of the most fun aspects of playing warrior in classic is (imho) swapping around between stances. This creates depth and you can enjoy the different aspects of being a warrior.

• Charge in and rend up your targets.
    • An incoming healer joining the fight? Berserker and intercept.
    • Oh, two rogues attacking? Better use my sword+board macro and swap to defensive.
    • The bastard rogue dodged? No worries. Back to battle stance.

Am I alone loving this and hoping it will return in Shadowlands (even tho it's not mentioned in the upcoming changes...)?

/vexxan
    DK player here. I really understand the sentiment being expressed here but let me tell you something: Blizzard is (currently) not interested in creating this sort of depth when it comes to class design because they mainly derive difficulty and complexity from PvE encounter design these days. Having "overly" complicated classes that require you to make more moment to moment decisions simply don't resonate very well with the kind of complex PvE encounters we see today as it's simply too much for most players to handle effectively. This is why mechanics that require more attention like stance dance or more complex ressource systems fall under the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    lulznope! Bye!
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    So you want to do all of that without the stances?

Meaning you wanna be op and have all stances in one to ignore the rest.

Such good feedback, btw those things you call out can be fixed easily. Stances off the gcd= problem solved imo.

Stances is what made warrior, warriors. All the rest can be ignored into all classes do it the same just differntly.

It was a fun mechanic imo.
    It was a terrible mechanic that only worked due to the times and would only serve to drag the class back into the stone ages now.

The game has moved on and warriors have been re-balanced to work without stances, and they're more fun because of it. Bringing them back now would simply drag the class down. And honestly, they haven't really been a thing in forever, I can't remember the last time "Stance dancing" was really a thing, probably TBC. Sure warriors had stances until very recently, but sometime around WoTLK it basically just became "You play X spec you stay in X stance 95%" and that was that. They had been getting phased out for awhile, because as the game progressed it was slowly realized that it wasn't a good system, adding a delay to being able to react with certain tools just serves to make the class unnecessarily annoying, especially when every other class simply has their tools.

Tell you what, you want stances? Make macros that load different layouts of skills, and add in a weapon swap for force a GCD. There you go, you have stances, go see how fun it feels to only have access to 70% of your tools at once and great it feels to "react" to something, only to miss because you had to swap stances to charge.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It was a terrible mechanic that only worked due to the times and would only serve to drag the class back into the stone ages now.

The game has moved on and warriors have been re-balanced to work without stances, and they're more fun because of it. Bringing them back now would simply drag the class down. And honestly, they haven't really been a thing in forever, I can't remember the last time "Stance dancing" was really a thing, probably TBC. Sure warriors had stances until very recently, but sometime around WoTLK it basically just became "You play X spec you stay in X stance 95%" and that was that. They had been getting phased out for awhile, because as the game progressed it was slowly realized that it wasn't a good system, adding a delay to being able to react with certain tools just serves to make the class unnecessarily annoying, especially when every other class simply has their tools.

Tell you what, you want stances? Make macros that load different layouts of skills, and add in a weapon swap for force a GCD. There you go, you have stances, go see how fun it feels to only have access to 70% of your tools at once and great it feels to "react" to something, only to miss because you had to swap stances to charge.
    I like the idea of stances yes. I liked the spec alot more back then.
    I also liked seal twisting in wod and felt rewarding.

Seems you are just not a fan of it, thats cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Only stance to bring back is Gladiator Stance.
    Amen.

/10char
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.