Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no to stances! Atleast not how they used to be and definitely not in current WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Well, the only Warriors that don't want it back are the failures of their class, or the ones that have a problem with their Eye–hand coordination, you need to be decent at playing a Warrior to be able to stance dance.
    once again this BS came up.....

macro /stance and or /equip, and at that point you can forget about your stupid dance. to copy/paste macros you found on the web doesn't makes you decent at playing anything. plz stop the condescending BS.....

The most justified pruning Blizzard has ever done was with Stance dance. That shit must never come back. Holy shit it's literally mind boggling some people want macro dance to come back, like jesus fucking christ are you ok dude? Everything alright up there?

This thread is like 3 people hardcore arguing for stance dance and everybody else laughing at them for that. Nobody (sane) wants stance dance back, that's a fact. If you want it, you can fuck off to classic where the rest of that archaic, unfun and clunky shit belongs.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-04-21 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    It doesn’t do nothing. Just because you can’t grasp what it does and how important it is doesn’t mean it does nothing. You’re the type of player would thought hibernate or turn undead were useless abilities in pvp as well huh
    If you play resto druid you would know how frustrating "stances" currently are. Having to waste a GCD to swap from cat to DPS then back to human form to heal and back to cat and back to human and back to cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    If you play resto druid you would know how frustrating "stances" currently are. Having to waste a GCD to swap from cat to DPS then back to human form to heal and back to cat and back to human and back to cat.
    Frustrating? You mean fun...lol that’s literally what makes a druid fun my dude wtf are you on about. TBC druid was the best, you used all forms no matter what spec you were and it was great.
    Last edited by Nicholaes92; 2020-04-21 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    what a bunch of bullshit lol .... talking about pvp, knowing what to do and when to do it is the factors between a good and a bad player of any class in this game. most of the stuff you are talking about after that part could be in the game for warriors without the stance requirement...

but hey, if you like GCDs so much and want to play the macro class of the game, then good for you, I guess... playing this shit without macros stance/equip makes you a bad warrior by default, and using macro defeat the whole purpose of stances. which one do you like the most?? lol..... the clunkiest shit this game ever had, and there was a bunch.
    You're wrong.
    If you swapped to battle stance to overpower without it up, you'd lose most of your rage and stand there like a dope doing nothing. Similarly, you could swap to spell reflect to get juked and lose rage. You'd have to swap to zerker stance to intercept in combat, again, losing rage on stance swap. There was so much more to the class and not so much "mongoloiding". I understand what you're saying - really, i do. The problem is there's no drawbacks, you literally hit buttons as hard as you can until dead. Other than current defensive CDs, there's no being caught in the wrong situation, it's always the RIGHT situation now. Which for people who are not warriors (in pvp), sucks.

By your post, i can tell you're just a dear. No point arguing. I'm right, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    You're wrong.
    If you swapped to battle stance to overpower without it up, you'd lose most of your rage and stand there like a dope doing nothing. Similarly, you could swap to spell reflect to get juked and lose rage. You'd have to swap to zerker stance to intercept in combat, again, losing rage on stance swap. There was so much more to the class and not so much "mongoloiding". I understand what you're saying - really, i do. The problem is there's no drawbacks, you literally hit buttons as hard as you can until dead. Other than current defensive CDs, there's no being caught in the wrong situation, it's always the RIGHT situation now. Which for people who are not warriors (in pvp), sucks.

By your post, i can tell you're just a dear. No point arguing. I'm right, you're wrong.
    huh?

it's all in the part you quoted. "knowing what to do and when to do it is the factors between a good and a bad player of any class in this game".... and yet you wrote me a full block of text to tell me that you need to know when to press the right key and that's why I'm wrong? lol

rage is your drawback. just like mana or any ressources. you don't have some, you can't do much. maybe rage generation needs to be rebalanced to be meaningfull again if you are telling me you can press any spell at any time without thinking about rage.....

but just like you said, there is no point arguing. there is no more deaf than someone who doesn't want to hear. wish you have your stances back and I wish you are prepared for the whine that will come with it. the "I'm right, you're wrong" part is not gonna fly for long!

have a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Anyone who ever played warrior in their haydays, will have every other talent on top of their "must have" list, Stances aren't on that list.
    So true. Stances had flavor.. granted. But all they did was necessitate a bunch of macros that just made the whole thing mostly a non-issue.

Play classic if you want this.

Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    Hi!

One of the most fun aspects of playing warrior in classic is (imho) swapping around between stances. This creates depth and you can enjoy the different aspects of being a warrior.
    My question would be would it still be something you'd enjoy if you couldn't macro the stances into the abilities that require those stance changes ?

If you have simply macrod the stances into the abilities there is literally no gameplay benefit to stance dancing beyond the global cooldown (were stances on gcd?) and the animation / spell effect of changing stances.

Blizzard could literally remove stances and just add the animations into each ability and nothing would be any different....

All stance dancing does is create an annoyance for anyone creating a new warrior whereby they have to spend a bunch of time creating loads of macros....

The solution here is to reroll MW monk or holy paladin. Druid is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    The solution here is to reroll MW monk or holy paladin. Druid is not for you.
    I rerolled Brewmaster monk

I rerolled Brewmaster monk
    I guess healing is not for you then so I don't understand why you are bitching about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    My question would be would it still be something you'd enjoy if you couldn't macro the stances into the abilities that require those stance changes ?
    This was answered like 6 pages ago? Can we have some moderators here to delete these useless messages? What the fuck is this site.

I guess healing is not for you then so I don't understand why you are bitching about it.
    I've been resto druid since WotLK. I just hate it how now you're expected to shape-shift into cat to DPS in your downtime.

Having to DPS while being a healer is a deal-breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    So true. Stances had flavor.. granted. But all they did was necessitate a bunch of macros that just made the whole thing mostly a non-issue.
    Besides that, with the current "GCD on everything"-policy (That's not going anywhere), i think the oft-mentioned "Flavour" of stance-dancing will be a sour one...

I just hate it how now you're expected to shape-shift into cat to DPS in your downtime.

Having to DPS while being a healer is a deal-breaker for me.
    This is your real issue. The thing is if you don't like doing something, the best way would be for you that you could just spam some random skill that does damage, instead of putting any "effort" in it. That wouldn't be too great gameplay. The real solution for you should be that healers are not expected to switch forms by default - like it used to be. Removing forms is not real solution.

This is your real issue. The thing is if you don't like doing something, the best way would be for you that you could just spam some random skill that does damage, instead of putting any "effort" in it. That wouldn't be too great gameplay. The real solution for you should be that healers are not expected to switch forms by default - like it used to be. Removing forms is not real solution.
    I mean, it's not the effort part. It's the having to DPS at all.

There's another thread about removing the "trinity". I would love the total opposite. Tanks and healers lose most of their ability to DPS. Tanks become pure threat management and mitigation, healers heal and give utility and scrap DPS from their utility, so that they only DPS.

DPS players have it better at the moment, they don't have to integrate healing into their normal rotation, switching from one role to another. But this is normal practice in endgame for healers, just annoying.

I mean, it's not the effort part. It's the having to DPS at all.

There's another thread about removing the "trinity". I would love the total opposite. Tanks and healers lose most of their ability to DPS. Tanks become pure threat management and mitigation, healers heal and give utility and scrap DPS from their utility, so that they only DPS.

DPS players have it better at the moment, they don't have to integrate healing into their normal rotation, switching from one role to another. But this is normal practice in endgame for healers, just annoying.
    Sounds like a really good way to drive off every tank and healer in the game.

Threat management gameplay was excised from the game and for good reason, and once you've got your survivability sorted there's not an awful lot of gameplay left to get out of that, so it's only natural that you then to turn maximizing damage output, because if the boss dies faster there's less chance of you dying.

Likewise for healers. There's already too many healers who just flagrantly refuse to press their damage-dealing buttons, even though they could absolutely afford to. There are significant periods in many fights where little damage is happening, and you could absolutely spend that time putting some damage on the boss. Hell, there's even talents and an entire spec centered around healers dealing damage to improve their healing. Because if the boss dies faster, you don't have to heal as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who played warrior for a long ass time, you just macro it into abilities eventually and the whole mechanic just becomes useless.

Everyone who think "oh but this is going to slow down gameplay so much, won't work in the fast paced game we have today, we need more ability off gcd, not more!"

Do you even realise that stances were never ever in the history of WoW on the actual GCD?
    Stances always were off the GCD, with a 1 sec internal cooldown specific to stances.

You didn't need to wait 1.5sec after switching to DStance to disarm back in the day, or to press Overpower after switching to CStance.

It was actually really really fast, fluid, with actually more things to press and a faster paced gameplay than today. Because like fire mages do nowadays with Fire Blast which is off the GCD and can be cast while casting something else, good warriors back in the day were nearly constantly changing stances during the GCD of their actual techniques.

And as I Rank 1 player, I can assure you that macroing abilities with stances was an actual gameplay/flexibility/keybinds loss, it's basic algorithmic.

Bring back stances 100%.