Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They could bring them back but instead of limiting ability use, make them give big buffs in certain areas so you want to be in that stance for cerrtain abilities. they could even make stance dancing a thing by adding an ability or talent that gave a bigger buff for a short time after swapping stances.

Sadly, that ship has sailed.

Stance dance used to be the best part of being a Warrior, and i will remember it fondly. Main reason why i like playing Classic so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I'd rather be able to do all that without awkward GCDs and rage loss from stance swapping, so no thanks. It's just kind of clunky, it works in Classic because the over all pace of the game is slower, but on live it would be a hassle.
    This.

Everything was macros and there wasn't any extra 'skill' involved. Also, why this thread again?
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

No, just no. It's just terrible and feels clunky. Also considering all the gcd changes it would feel even worse.
    S.H.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hated the "stance dance". I like stances, but not having to switch stances mid rotation just to maximize. It felt like an identity crisis.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

No one loved playing Warrior more than me back in the day, stance dancing felt amazing but it's an outdated concept and pointless nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck stance dancing, never enjoyed it. Never enjoyed my warrior more than in cataclysm when they removed stances for the most part. Didn't have to switch to berserk stance in order to pummel. Didn't have to switch to defensive stance in order to pop shield wall. With everything being on the global CD now, stance dancing would kill warriors.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye that is fucking nice.
    Make classes a little more difficult to master, easy to play is oke.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I don't miss stance dancing as part of your rotation but I did quite enjoy having to swap them depending on the situation in PvP.

Consequently, the current iteration isn't too bad IMO - although it bothers me to have to talent into it. I'd appreciate a baseline solution, ideally incoporating the reintroduced prot abilities into def stance.

Stance dancing was horribly implemented TBH. It shouldnt come back (like just about every unpruned shitty ability) in its former state.

They could however stand to reintroduce it in a way that works with the modern game, the only way i can see 'stance dancing' working would be as 'aoe' stance and 'single target' stance. Basically just renaming sweeping strikes to berserker stance with berserker stance icon above your head.

If you want to stance dance, go play Classic WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss stance dancing but I get my fix in Classic.
    Live will always be a braindead mashing with little thought (will still try the new xpac though).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    I don't miss stance dancing as part of your rotation but I did quite enjoy having to swap them depending on the situation in PvP.

Consequently, the current iteration isn't too bad IMO - although it bothers me to have to talent into it. I'd appreciate a baseline solution, ideally incoporating the reintroduced prot abilities into def stance.
    Yes I agree with you, the dance itself could be macroed but as you say it required the player to plan ahead to some extent. Not saying it is a huge thing of its own but all these small bits taken away adds up.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I miss stance dancing but I get my fix in Classic.
    Live will always be a braindead mashing with little thought (will still try the new xpac though).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I agree with you, the dance itself could be macroed but as you say it required the player to plan ahead to some extent. Not saying it is a huge thing of its own but all these small bits taken away adds up.
    plays classic....calls retail braindead....gotcha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    plays classic....calls retail braindead....gotcha.
    Played BFA, will play Shadowlands as stated above.
    Anything more Mr Butthurt?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Quick question about how you want it implemented:
    - stance change on the gcd
    or
    - macro [stance:?] into all your abilities and forget about the dance?
    Hinter basically did this in cata with our aspects. My guild hated me because either had /cast !aspect of the hawk in so many of my abilities and all they would hear is the cast sound over and over again lol.
    Last edited by Subrias; 2020-10-17 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Braindead" Yeah thats a massive exaggeration.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    Hi!

One of the most fun aspects of playing warrior in classic is (imho) swapping around between stances. This creates depth and you can enjoy the different aspects of being a warrior.

• Charge in and rend up your targets.
    • An incoming healer joining the fight? Berserker and intercept.
    • Oh, two rogues attacking? Better use my sword+board macro and swap to defensive.
    • The bastard rogue dodged? No worries. Back to battle stance.

Am I alone loving this and hoping it will return in Shadowlands (even tho it's not mentioned in the upcoming changes...)?

/vexxan
    While i agree it added good depth to warrior and was interesting, i'd also say it has aged poorly.

If you want it to be more up to date it needs more effect on gameplay in a more fluid manner, practically i'm thinking:
    - Tie stance switching to certain abilities, i.e. charge, intercept, intervene to name a few iconically bound ones, but also make it possible to manually switch stances (on gcd; not encouraged per se but not intended to be optimal)
    - Rework the stances:
    - Battle stance: increase rage gain by 25%
    - Fury stance: Decrease rage costs by 10%, increase damage done and taken by 5%
    - Defensive stance: Gain 10% more rage from damage taken, reduce damage done and taken by 5%
    - Switching between stances causes all rage gain to be halted for 1 sec

Naturally all numbers are placeholders here.

Though for the sake of all speccs i would make it so that almost all abilities work with all weapon setups, mostly thinking of turning spell reflect into a sort of spell deflect that may also be done with weapons as opposed to shields.
    (i am not fond of swapping gear mid fight, it seems very silly)

(if you like this idea or parts of it feel free to copy and repost it elsewhere!)
    Last edited by loras; 2020-10-17 at 03:19 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    DK player here. I really understand the sentiment being expressed here but let me tell you something: Blizzard is (currently) not interested in creating this sort of depth when it comes to class design because they mainly derive difficulty and complexity from PvE encounter design these days. Having "overly" complicated classes that require you to make more moment to moment decisions simply don't resonate very well with the kind of complex PvE encounters we see today as it's simply too much for most players to handle effectively. This is why mechanics that require more attention like stance dance or more complex ressource systems fall under the table.
    Actually unironically implying that classdesign from Classic, TBC and WotLK was more complicated than today.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Actually unironically implying that classdesign from Classic, TBC and WotLK was more complicated than today.
    Nice necro. Also factually incorrect as I didn't mention any specific expansion in my post.

I'd be happy with them just making the defensive stance talent baseline, no need for more than that really.