Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Older ones should to be updated to new standards like zandalari trolls, highmountain and the kul tirans imo, not a must but would be nice.

Though they do look alright since last update but still not as cool as the new forms.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-04-25 at 03:28 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Older ones should to be updated to new standards like zandalari trolls, highmountain and the kul tirans imo, not a must but would be nice.

Though they do look alright since last update but still not as cool as the new forms.
    In blizz's defense they were working on at ton of druid forms for the Feral and Guardian Artifacts, It's a miracle they were able to update the old ones at all
    But Allied races like the Kul'tirans and the Zandalari have since upped the standard that we the community believe should be upheld(unlike Highmountain which were just Tauren forms with antlers for the most part they didn't even have a unique Moonkin form for a while), and the Worgen, Nelf, Troll, and Tauren look like they were made in Wrath by comparison

I would love to see the ears, blinking, and licking thing on my feral.

Nice thread

username993720, what a detailed post man. It would actually be really cool if they improved all of these animations. Kudo’s to you.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316165/...ons-new-mounts

Apparently, they are planning to give Cat form and Bear form more customization options in Shadowlands.

Character Customization Category (2)
    NEW Bear Form
    NEW Cat Form

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

Apparently, they are planning to give Cat form and Bear form more customization options in Shadowlands.
    They just let you choose the form color freely and not tie it to your humanoid form hair/fur color.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They just let you choose the form color freely and not tie it to your humanoid form hair/fur color.
    Meh

Thought it was something cool...

Some new animations are required to make the forms more organic. But what irks me the most is the colours and options for each form.

- Bear and Cat form have 5 colours for normal races, while 4 for allied races.
    - Moonkin Form has 1 single colour per race. The old races share the exact same model (with horns for tauren), HM is just the normal tauren one with some markings and new horns, while Zandalari and KT have a unique one.
    - Ground Travel Form is a total meses: Old races share the same model, which only fit thematically for Night Elves, the other 3 don't have a single clue or touch or feature that represent their races, and they don't even have a unique colour, 1 colour for the alliance ones and 1 colour the Horde ones. And honestly, the stag only fits for elves and maybe (big maybe) worgen. Shapeshifting should always retain characteristics from the humanoid form: colours, horns, fangs, fur, scales, or whatever. Oh, and it's an NPC you can find in many forests. The allied races though got one that more or less fit their race or lore (KT shapeshifting into such a slim dead deer when they are very corpulent is not very accurate to me, but whatever).
    - Aquatic form is the laziest of all: all the old races plus Highmountain share the exact same model with one single colour, while Zandalari and KT got a unique model each with 4 colour variations.
    - Swift flight form: this is one is actually represents quite well in each race, with only one colour...

--- But then KulTiran for some reason got 4 colours for Moonkins, Aquatic, Flight, Travel... all of them!...

Is it really that hard to grant at least 1 unique model that actually represent the race they belong to, with 4 colour variations, for each form??? I don't think so.

Stag don't fit for Tauren nor Trolls. Tauren should get a creature related to Mulgore/Barren/Stonetalon... something like a Gazelle with tauren horns. For trolls the obvious one (for me) it's a revamped model of a raptor, like the mount ones or something.

For Aquatic form the Seal/Walrus-like creature it's fine since we don't swim as much as we are on ground or flying, but at least it should have features (horns, markings, etc) and colours related to the different races, for example there are dotted seals in real life that resemble a bit the dots of a cow/tauren. But then again, I feel it fits better for Elves and maybe Worgen but definitely not for Horde races.

And the one that irks me the most is moonkins. Balance druid spend pretty much 99,99% of the time in that form, and I understand that it's part of the lore, but their animations and dance are the same as ogres, their faces have Moebious syndrome, there are like infinite colour variations for NPC around the game, yet only one colour for each playable race (except KT)... It feels like they want us all to use the glyph of stars so they don't have to make real nice models for them.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2020-05-22 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    And the one that irks me the most is moonkins. Balance druid spend pretty much 99,99% of the time in that form, and I understand that it's part of the lore, but their animations and dance are the same as ogres, their faces have Moebious syndrome, there are like infinite colour variations for NPC around the game, yet only one colour for each playable race (except KT)... It feels like they want us all to use the glyph of stars so they don't have to make real nice models for them.
    I relate the most with this. Glyph of stars was fine before but now its so blue! I know form change is part of the class fantasy but when your option is big outdated owlkin or become part of the blue man group it does kill it so much! I wish boomkin forms get more love moving forward! In my opinion, feral and guardians have enough forms to pick and choose from right now and the focus should be off them a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

customization options are nice and all,but what we rly need is for the forms to reflect the gear you have,i know it would be a fair bit of work,but its kinda sad that transmog is basicaly dead for any feral or bear

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I was going to complain about how much love Blizzard has already given us in regards to druid forms, but your post was pretty entertaining.
    I just want sabercat back and not as a talent.

I dare you do post suggestions for worgen and tauren animations.

3+ Year Old Account
    I just want to be able to customize the fur color, mane color, eye color, symbol color, collar color, etc of the the Cat and Bear forms (and also the Moonkin form)

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I just want to be able to customize the fur color, mane color, eye color, symbol color, collar color, etc of the the Cat and Bear forms (and also the Moonkin form)
    We're certainly moving a step closer to that with the new customisation options making it no longer dependent on your humanoid form, so that might eventually happen. Don't think we're getting in 9.0, though.

Since Blizzard has decided to put extra effort to let us play as Dragons with the Dracthyr and Evoker, would you like the same to be applied to Druid forms?

3+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, just want full fur/ skin/ feather/ etc, eye color, symbol, and etc customization options. For example, I would want my Worgen's Cat, Bear, Moonkin, Land, Sea, and Air forms to be white with purple eyes and a purple symbol.

I'd just be happy with being able to use the standard Tauren Cat Form again, which requires it not having the silly nose ring.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Honestly, the systems they have in place now seem good enough that we should be able to get a lot more forms easier.

Considering you're always stuck in your animal forms, I don't know why they don't just drop a glyph in each raid for some form, or from things like Timewalking.

Manag Sabers and Black Rook nightsabers could come from Legion timewalking. Kimbul could drop in BFA. I'd LOVE the new Ashenvale basic bear and Saber models too as options. Really simple and slick -

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

This is seriously the most amazing druid post I have ever seen

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the effort you put into this post, but its a very tall order and you expect too much IMO.