Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You do realise the same could be said to the other side of the argument, yes?

Ultimately, it's a change for the sake of change, with little practical value.
    Practical value is all there is to it. That comes from not having to deal with tens of millions spread over your screen, meters, logs or anywhere. If you call that not practical value then what is it and what would practical value be?

If killing a mob takes 10 seconds, but in one case you see four digit numbers flying across screen, whereas in the other you see eight digit numbers, is it not more practical to deal with the smaller number for all purposes?

People gauging whether they do good based on the size of the numbers, instead of the speed of defeating an encounter, their contribution for it and relative efficiency, really do belong on Classic. Which, BTW, deals with very small numbers.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2020-04-18 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I don't understand the squish either. I get why, I just don't get why they haven't come up with a better solution for the issue instead of having to waste entire expansions fixing the problem. In the expansion we're playing now a players Ilvl doubles from fresh 50 to mythic after the squish. The terrible jump in gear level is already starting and they haven't even put this live. This need to stick to a 15 ilvl jump between tiers AND difficulties just seems to be shooting themselves in the foot. 45 ilvls per raid tier is ridiculous just to make sure each tier "feels" like an upgrade from the last.
    Yes..I do...I think big numbers are essential for continuous progress....I can't feel getting stronger if every expansion it's back to the line...And after they stated, that there won't be stat squish I was very looking forward to Shadowlands, since I could finally get to stage, where I can deal serious dps instead of laughable 1k dps or so... I feel super ecstatic now because I'm getting close to 100 k dps and thinking about losing all that and coming back to dps I've had in vanilla makes me want to quit, since it's like starting over again...Thing I loved most about WoW was, how I can work towards goals throughout years and thanks to every expansion squish now, there won't be ever time with big numbers again... At this point I feel like everything I loved about WoW is slowly being cut out just so they can please elitist Classic crowd, but with 700 days played it's hard to just cut it..

More uninspired Shaman shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Why would they have to learn? 15 ilvl jumps are fine between difficulties. Less than that, the difference feel narrow.
    IMHO the difference SHOULD feel narrow. Part of the reason there's so much bloat is because it doesn't.

The Paladin talent seems... interesting but the cyclical thing seems odd. Like there would be times you want to hold off on spending to keep one effect and not shift to the next one, which seems counter-intuitive.

I'm quite surprise ppl seems to enjoy the paladin abilities.
    We have no real control over it. It's a party member buff, but as it switch between different buff, you can't setup a party towards a specific role (dps, heal,..)
    Plus, the overall power of them seems not in parse with others covenant abilities. The gameplay is even more dumb than having multiple aura that you need to switch manually. That's quite an achievement.

Absolutely. Lower numbers mean I worth less. Actually I hate the level squish thing too.

Mistweaver: Gust of Mist provides additional healing to allies affected by Bonedust Brew.

Jesus fucking christ lmao can these get any less interesting?

Imagine still whining about squishes when relative power is what matters.

"Additionally, Gold rewards have been increased at all character levels." Do we have any information on the gold volume of this expansion yet? Hopefully we will make more gold than in BFA, gold earnings should always go up unless they nerf prices on old expansion content (mounts etc) as well.

Enemies within 40 yards chill in your Aura of Winter, reducing their attack speed by 10% and their movement speed by 20%. Turns to Spring after spending 20 Holy Power.

What mean about "spending 20 holy power". They delete combo HolyPowers and add new system 0-100 holy power?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cryfearlol View Post
    Enemies within 40 yards chill in your Aura of Winter, reducing their attack speed by 10% and their movement speed by 20%. Turns to Spring after spending 20 Holy Power.

What mean about "spending 20 holy power". They delete combo HolyPowers and add new system 0-100 holy power?
    No, you just spend 20. 3 at a time like now, it's just a total number.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    The enh change is interesting. I wonder if it means that they are looking to bring back flame shock spreading.
    Even if Flame Shock has a spread mechanic for ENH, Lightning Bolt hits for an auto attack's amount of damage. Hitting 10 targets with one lightning bolt cast is still debatable to be worth pressing. For this ability to be anything BUT complete shit, lightning bolt would have to have the Overcharge talent innately baked into the spec in Shadowlands.

Will the healing aura stack if you have 10 paladins so you can get 100% increased healing? Or will having a second paladin with the ability be worthless? If they dont stack this ability will be worthless if you have 2 paladins since it seems that the ability starts at winter and rotates at a set time (holy power is basically just putting a cooldown on templars verdict).

1 paladin will have to probably use this ability but all other paladins cant. However, it's nearly impossible to switch covenants.. what a disaster. Cant wait to join a raid group and "oh.. you have that aura too? Change covenants or gtfo"
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-04-18 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Imagine still whining about squishes when relative power is what matters.
    Literally the only reason to hate squishes is the love for bigger numbers.

I have absolutely no idea why people love this.

Numbers....big....me......like i dont know

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by FFLover View Post
    Yes..I do...I think big numbers are essential for continuous progress....I can't feel getting stronger if every expansion it's back to the line...And after they stated, that there won't be stat squish I was very looking forward to Shadowlands, since I could finally get to stage, where I can deal serious dps instead of laughable 1k dps or so... I feel super ecstatic now because I'm getting close to 100 k dps and thinking about losing all that and coming back to dps I've had in vanilla makes me want to quit, since it's like starting over again...Thing I loved most about WoW was, how I can work towards goals throughout years and thanks to every expansion squish now, there won't be ever time with big numbers again... At this point I feel like everything I loved about WoW is slowly being cut out just so they can please elitist Classic crowd, but with 700 days played it's hard to just cut it..
    I feel exactly the same bro. I hate every squish in this game. LVL squish: Seriously? It's like squishing our ages. I've experienced and progressed 120 levels and many years, and now they just cut it off. How can I explain to my son that my character is actually LVL 60, but it has the power of LVL 130. It's a nonsense, a joke. I can't get why this s.it needed. I strongly thinking on aborting the game because of this - because it's disgusting.

And the stat squish is just ridiculus. Instead of dealing 100k DPS, we can roll with 1k DPS again. Hurray. Just because some fktards can't handle big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by derekrh View Post
    Even if Flame Shock has a spread mechanic for ENH, Lightning Bolt hits for an auto attack's amount of damage. Hitting 10 targets with one lightning bolt cast is still debatable to be worth pressing. For this ability to be anything BUT complete shit, lightning bolt would have to have the Overcharge talent innately baked into the spec in Shadowlands.
    The dmg isn't tuned yet, LB has always been doing a big chunk of enh's DMG pre-legion. The overcharge talent (well the legion one, not the SL one) was there to mimic the dmg LB used to have. They are aiming for that. I'm pretty sure they just ain't sure what ratio of DMG they want LB have compared to SS. They probably still want SS to be very important while retaining LB's importance. I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on several new talents and waiting for it all be rdy. Those talents would affect SS and/or LB more and replace the current RB talents. RB could then be safely removed while giving back MSW the DMG bonus back. Part of what made LB strong in the past was not only the DMG boost per MSW charge but the buffs/debuffs SS and unleash elements would add. SS changed usually increased nature DMG or crit, and I think unleash element/weapon at one point increased LB's DMG further but I have a hard time finding it back. I do remember that at one point we had to keep track of the debuff and cast as many LB in that window. I think that at the end of the expansion you barely cared about it because the CD and duration were incredibly close.

dear god.... pls Ion nerf this paly auras to the ground i dont want to play paly for 2 years kk thx bb
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-04-18 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I love the paladin one!

That is SO cool.
    Welcome to one of (possibly) many mandatory talents for raids or m+ if you play this class.

so item levels are basically going to double during the course of shadowlands? i thought blizzard wanted to do something to combat mudflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Why would they have to learn? 15 ilvl jumps are fine between difficulties. Less than that, the difference feel narrow.
    Ye and before you know it tanks are on 500k HP, dps doing 100k dps etc. We had narrow differences in Vanilla and TBC and guess what, IT WAS PERFECT. We gonna have another fuckin ilvl inflation with another squish coming after this expansion. Fuck idiots from Blizzard honestly.