Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    1) remove the voidform bullshit
    2) ???
    3) profit

SP hasn't been fun since LK.
    This exactly...every super cool sh*t they tried to add or change just made it more clunky up to a spec that mechanically just doesnt work.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Awesomeness
    I really love the sound of this. Very unique.

Am I, however, the only person who enjoys playing shadow right now? I realize it has its faults, but it is still fun to play. It flows nicely. Tell me, how many other shadow priests have an absolutely painful f*ing time doing 5 mask solo visions? Lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Shadow have alot of problems, but the biggest and the most less fun part IMO, is the HUUUUUGE rampup time their is. In legion it totally killed the fun for me and was alot worse than current state, but we are getting close again to what it was in legion, with chorus. Atleast now with the highsight og going 3SA 2 chorus makes the rampup (Hopefully) less of an issue.

Im not a fan of insanity, but it looks like it is here to stay, what they need to do, to keep the unique playstyle for shadow is give some DAMAGE COOLDOWNS, and remove/LOWER the rampup, so you can actually play the spec, and dont have to say in raid: GUYS IM POPPING COOLDOWNS, I DO DAMAGE IN 40 SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It doesn't.

Shadow magic is different than Void magic. Void magic is Shadow magic corrupted by the old gods, it is their influence that drives you insane.
    All the old gods are dead now. N'zoth was the last and we just killed him. And Blizzard confirmed he was the last, and that he is now dead.

This implies that being insane is beneficial (it's not), a choice (it's not), and temporary (it's not).
    You also don't fight to control it, you fight to... continue being insane... but you become sane anyways.

So we choose to become insane, and then while insane, we choose to no longer be insane? This is not at all how insanity works.

Hopefully you see this isn't the case.
    It does if you look at it as equivalent to a berserker in battle.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void
    Again, going back to the berserker comparison (who also is considered insane as they go into a battle rage), a Spriest delving closer to insanity brings them closer to the power they use. This means they get closer to a purer, more powerful source of their magic. Just like a berserker, they can calm themselves after the battle, or after a period of time, which makes their insane rage like state temporary.
    Are you comparing real life sanity to a game mechanic? Considering other media 1st, how many instances in stories do you hear of people becoming insane from grief or tragedy for a brief time, just to be pulled back before doing something they regret? Referring to real life, how many times have we heard of people using temporary insanity pleas (some actually work) or go into an insane rage or grief afterwards. Both of these examples are temporary. An even more depressing time would be for those who can’t control it, such as Alzheimer’s patients who, while being insane all the time, have moments of temporary lucidity.
    Now, knocking those arguments aside and going back to the game version, let me see if I can explain this better for you. A Spriest chooses for give in and delve closer to the shadows. This makes them lose their sanity and the whole mechanic is them fighting to maintain sanity while being on the brink of going insane. The longer they can hold onto it the longer they maintain power but teeter on the edge of sanity. Their sanity (bar) is how long they can hold out before giving in, so when it runs out they have to return to normal or risk going insane forever. It’s not that they are actually insane at the time, but that they are so close to the void/shadow that they risk going insane forever and the meter is how long they can walk the edge before they have to let go of said power.
    Hopefully this explains it better for you, and you see why you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Now, knocking those arguments aside and going back to the game version, let me see if I can explain this better for you. A Spriest chooses for give in and delve closer to the shadows. This makes them lose their sanity and the whole mechanic is them fighting to maintain sanity while being on the brink of going insane. The longer they can hold onto it the longer they maintain power but teeter on the edge of sanity. Their sanity (bar) is how long they can hold out before giving in, so when it runs out they have to return to normal or risk going insane forever. It’s not that they are actually insane at the time, but that they are so close to the void/shadow that they risk going insane forever and the meter is how long they can walk the edge before they have to let go of said power.
    Hopefully this explains it better for you, and you see why you are wrong.
    The thing you are missing is that the bar isn't sanity, it's INsanity. Spells are generating insanity, going into voidform starts a drain of your insanity. You're not fighting to maintain your sanity, you're fighting to maintain your insanity. You get pushed out of voidform when your insanity runs out, you don't risk going insane forever at all.

Your description of how you think it works is exactly how previous posters have been saying it should work.

As previous posters have said, the resource should be set up one of two ways. You should start sane, you should then activate voidform which would steadily drain sanity (or generate insanity), your spells should generate sanity (or remove insanity), you end voidform when your sanity reaches zero (or insanity reaches 100) so you have to let go of the power before going insane forever. This would thematically make so much more sense and also alleviate some of the ramp up time since you would be able to immediately enter voidform at the start of fights.

EDIT: Having said that, one way the resource does work is that it does make sense that casting spells like mind blast and voidbolt generates insanity rather than removing it. So you kind of need to choose between the voidform drain making sense or the casting spells making sense.
    Last edited by Drakarla; 2020-05-27 at 10:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Drakarla, I was losing my insanity here
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voidform is garbage as a concept and playstyle, remove it.

Your posts are always such a treat to read Yvaelle.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

What I wish for is that we go back to being shadow priests instead of void mages. I have no idea what happened in Blizzard, but we no longer even feel like a priest class, let alone a shadow one. We used to be a dot class for the entire lifespan of the class but now we turned into a shitty turrent sorry excuse for a burst hybrid thing that has no identity.

Bring back the power of the dots as it should be and remove void form, it's about time, stop doubling down on it. They already removed malestorm for shamans, just do the same for priests with insanity.

I hated what cata and beyond did to shadow priest, I would love a wotlk sp back, best incarnation of the spec imo, but I'll take a scuffed combo point range rogue over void form any day.

Seems a lot of people hate the ramp-up of void form. So why not just get rid of the stacking side of it and when you hit void form, you're already there. Make it something you strategically want to trigger for the times you need it, or you can burn when you know you have the time before needing it.

I'd be keen for the return of shadow orbs, but if we are stuck with insanity, please for the love of god bake in casting while moving in void form!!!!! Casting void bolt while flaying initially sounds like a dps boost, but the only time we could move was with stagger VB movement. This could be seen as a nurf TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibel View Post
    Seems a lot of people hate the ramp-up of void form. So why not just get rid of the stacking side of it and when you hit void form, you're already there. Make it something you strategically want to trigger for the times you need it, or you can burn when you know you have the time before needing it.
    This is honestly the only realistic change I feel that can be possible for this spec. Blizz is arrogant - chances are they aren't going to admit they fucked up the spec or backtrack. They double-downed on "Void Priest" after Legion, even though as a spec it just doesn't make sense without any of the advantages of Legion Shadow Priest. Looking at Shadowlands alpha, that hasn't changed and some early reviews are already placing Shadow as the worst spec in Shadowlands so far.

At this point, if we're forced to play "Void Priest" (what's the point of even calling it Shadow Priest any more?), I'd personally propose making Voidform a buff, something akin to Metamorphosis/Avenging Wrath. Instead of having to build to it, you can go into it at any time by casting Void Eruption - that's our on-demand burst spell+DPS cooldown. Once you cast Void Eruption, you go into Voidform as usual, getting a baseline haste buff (like Power Infusion) but this time also getting a full Sanity bar which will drain from 100 to 0 in a fixed amount of time, which you can extend the duration of via Void Bolt. This also makes sense thematically - once your Sanity bar goes to zero, you can't handle the Void any more and are forced to drop out before you go insane.

And then build new passives and talents around Voidform. Examples: Lingering Insanity becomes baseline, Chorus of Insanity becomes a talent. Dark Void gets baked into Void Eruption as a choosable talent. Void Torrent as a talent could be a single target nuke with a root/slow, maybe increasing the damage of your dots on the target and making them tick out 100% faster (like Exsanguinate). Surrender To Madness could do something like increase the CD of Voidform/Void Eruption, but it lets you stay in Voidform past 0 Sanity and gives you other buffs/effects while you're "insane" (cast while moving, MB is instant cast, maybe something new like dots do x% of their dmg as AOE or MF spawns Void Tendrils that also channel MF, etc...). Maybe to compete with it, we could have Dark Ascension give a second charge of Voidform, or maybe it lets Mind Blast reduce the cooldown or something.

But I've honestly lost faith in Blizzard in regards to Shadow Priest. What's even the point of an actual Shadowform now? It's basically just a cosmetic change right now.

BFA was a shitshow imho, they'll never come out and admit they fucked it up, and they're probably going to drag their feet with regards to any changes in regards to gameplay. After all, if the numbers are good, what does it matter? Or maybe I'm just really bitter about it.
    Last edited by Lunaretic; 2020-06-02 at 08:09 PM.