Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's kinda in the loot, though. Especially the legendaries. Powers are from the ground up designed as temporary, per-run boosts.
    Well currently you start the higher floors with practically nothing. That is usually the point where you either get some extra options to pick from or you can select some of the stuff from your last run to get you started in the next. The legendaries are basic character progression, aren't they? I doubt they could compete with the stuff you currently need to get you rolling.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well currently you start the higher floors with practically nothing. That is usually the point where you either get some extra options to pick from or you can select some of the stuff from your last run to get you started in the next. The legendaries are basic character progression, aren't they? I doubt they could compete with the stuff you currently need to get you rolling.
    That's the difficulty selection that's explicitly alpha-only, though.

And don't underestimate the impact of gear. Anima Powers are essentially multipliers, gear provides the baseline those multipliers apply to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alterrax View Post
    Should Anima powers reset every 6... or maybe 12 levels? It keeps it manageable, more exciting when you get a new one and means you can change your build up more frequently making the gameplay more varied and without it becoming totally degenerate. Thoughts?
    No.

It's a roguelike feature.
    Continuously gaining power ups and getting stronger and stronger as time passes on is the entire point of it.
    Resetting every X floors is in no way gonna make it "exciting", it's gonna make it obnoxious.

If you grow tired of the build you have for whatever reason, then reset the run.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    We haven't even datamined the class soulbinds yet, and the rest is just datamined AKA the soulbinds system isn't even testable. What do you want us to say, "Man, fuck Blizzard for adding this BAD system that we have no idea how it'll work just because."
    there is a wowhead soulbind calculator we could talk about it. Im just sad no one cares

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    there is a wowhead soulbind calculator we could talk about it. Im just sad no one cares
    Instead of bitching about how no one talks about it, how about you just make a thread and start a discussion yourself?

Formerly known as Arafal

Yes.. But as I said, it's all datamined and nothing in the game. The class soulbinds aren't even datamined.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Yes.. But as I said, it's all datamined and nothing in the game. The class soulbinds aren't even datamined.
    For all we know that might just be already scrapped concepts. We've found plenty of those for Torghast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is conceptual stuff. A safe feature or one to carry (some) progress over is kinda basic when it comes to rogue-likes.
    Yeah but this is just a system with another game and it is a system that rewards you with stuff that is used in the other parts of the game you don’t need to have a skip

Yes. Let me be more excited about what amounts to a really small passive talent tree rather than the expansion defining center piece feature.

After that, rather than talking about boss mechanics and raid design, let's be more excited and discuss the color they will use for the basic leather set of gear from the raid.

Soulbinds, which aren't even in Alpha yet with no systems in place or any real information on how it progresses or works, are a minor aspect of the Covenant.

That would be like wanting to discuss the followers at your table in the Garrison instead of the Garrison itself.

There is a reason why no one cares right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Yes. Let me be more excited about what amounts to a really small passive talent tree rather than the expansion defining center piece feature.

After that, rather than talking about boss mechanics and raid design, let's be more excited and discuss the color they will use for the basic leather set of gear from the raid.

Soulbinds, which aren't even in Alpha yet with no systems in place or any real information on how it progresses or works, are a minor aspect of the Covenant.

That would be like wanting to discuss the followers at your table in the Garrison instead of the Garrison itself.

There is a reason why no one cares right now.
    Soulbinds are not minor...in fact, they have the potential to be better than the ABILITY of the covenant...

7+ Year Old Account
    Soulbinds are not minor...in fact, they have the potential to be better than the ABILITY of the covenant...
    Compared to Torghast, it is.

Formerly known as Arafal

Then discuss it in an appropriate thread or create one instead of attempting to derail this one.

As for the OP, absolutely fucking not. The core concept of a Roguelite is creating a fun build as you go and sticking with it. resetting powers goes against the entire core design of Torghast and the sub-genre it emulates. If there's a balance problem, the floors simply need to scale up more aggressively and/or Powers need to become rarer.

Firstly, Soulbinds are minor in the context of gameplay added. Once you complete your best Soulbind, you are done. It is like leveling through all the traits on the Artifact weapon in Legion. Except a much shorter grind from the looks of it.

Secondly, with how absolutely little has been revealed So far, that is a bold claim to make. Here, I can do it too! "Legendaries aren't going to be minor because they have the potential to be better than a Covenant ability!"

The fact is, you are probably right that a Soulbind could be better than a Covenant ability, because based on what has been released of the Covenant abilities, depending on your spec, the abilities could be worthless. So if they added literally anything of value they could be worth more.

On the other hand, for the best Covenant stuff, they are likely to be a passive skill tree that you will level and be done with. Minor content with potential for decent stat impact is still minor content.

Firstly, Soulbinds are minor in the context of gameplay added. Once you complete your best Soulbind, you are done. It is like leveling through all the traits on the Artifact weapon in Legion. Except a much shorter grind from the looks of it.
    Power, not gameplay. The active ability of your Artifact weapon also wasn't the biggest part of its impact.

Also, Conduits. You need to obtain them, and there'll likely be new ones in later content as well.

I don't understand the question. In my understanding those powers only last one run. Roguelike. And if the run is over, you are back to square one in the next run. Resetting the powers while still in the same run does not make sense at all...

Also, @Shadoowpunk why must you derail this thread with your needless whining? You are contributing nothing to the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alterrax View Post
    Should Anima powers reset every 6... or maybe 12 levels? It keeps it manageable, more exciting when you get a new one and means you can change your build up more frequently making the gameplay more varied and without it becoming totally degenerate. Thoughts?
    No thanks. The powers are granted as levels are meant to get harder.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Power, not gameplay. The active ability of your Artifact weapon also wasn't the biggest part of its impact.

Also, Conduits. You need to obtain them, and there'll likely be new ones in later content as well.
    Explain where they have expressed how Conduits will work or even what specifically they are.

From what they said at Blizzard, Conduits will be used to unlock Soulbinds. To me, it sounds like Conduits are either a consumable item or a currency. So what part of that would lend itself to "new ones in later content" being ..... a thing?

And you are saying it will be a big deal for power. Except that "power" isn't game play. "Power" isn't content. "Power" isn't a feature. Here, we can discuss power: "I bet at level 60, I will be WAY more powerful than I am at 50 after it launches!" there we go. An insightful discussion of how important "power" is.

And again, in the context of game play, a passive tree that you unlock is a minor feature. It might give power. But again, see above, power is not content. And why did WoD suck? There was no content. Why are there droughts at the end of an expansion when sub numbers plummet? There is no content left to do. You can have all the power in the world and without content, the game will die. "Power" is minor. Content is major and important.

Soulbinds, from all that has thus far been said, will combine the Essence grind with a small version of the Artifact trait tree/garrison Tech track/Vision tech track/Legion & BFA Mission Table tech track. You will make a choice, like with the covenants, and grind some items/currency/whatever to unlock a small passive tree of traits that will apply to you and give you some power and maybe change your rotation slightly and maybe have a single active ability. It will be less impactful to long term content and game play than an Artifact weapon, which while empowering it was a main focus of Legion, the weapon itself was a minor feature.

Torghast is literally content. The argument that Soulbinds are as important as Torghast is like saying that your Essences are as important to the game as Mythic Plus, as a system.

It isn't.

Explain where they have expressed how Conduits will work or even what specifically they are.

From what they said at Blizzard, Conduits will be used to unlock Soulbinds. To me, it sounds like Conduits are either a consumable item or a currency. So what part of that would lend itself to "new ones in later content" being ..... a thing?
    So you haven't been paying any attention to datamining i take it. Conduit slots are open spaces in your Soulbind tree, split into Throughput, Survival and Utility. Conduits are items similar to Legion relics that you can slot into these, and that have mostly spec and class specific effects on them. https://www.wowhead.com/news=311964/...-alpha-preview for a short overview of what we currently know.

And you are saying it will be a big deal for power. Except that "power" isn't game play. "Power" isn't content. "Power" isn't a feature. Here, we can discuss power: "I bet at level 60, I will be WAY more powerful than I am at 50 after it launches!" there we go. An insightful discussion of how important "power" is.
    An insightful piece to show how little you understand. Soulbinds are not a minor power gain. They are likely going to be far more impactful than the Covenant abilities. This, then, has an impact on gameplay and Covenant choice.

What you're talking about, however, isn't power. It's just shallow opinion.

And the discussion comment you responded to wasn't about content to begin with. It was about impact and comparative power. Soulbinds aren't a minor part of a Covenants impact on your gameplay.

No, I despise "seasonal" resets.