Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am honestly more worried about how the level squish will translate into gold generation from normal means (loot, quests, reputation caches, etc).

However, it's the expansion end and everyone now can easily get more gold than before, also people raiding are done for the most part. So you end in a situation where offer is bigger than demand thus prices drop like crazy. Pretty standard given the time. Also COVID gave many people a sudden burst of free time so people farmed the hell out of everything faster than normal.

I just hope we don't end in a situation where gold generation drops all of a sudden, so people who raked up millions will be dominating the economy. I mean, good for them to have been able to make so much gold, but this has always gone on par with standard player gold generation. If a normal player cannot get as much gold as the prices driven by the AHlords they'll start to be unable to buy stuff like consumables or tokens.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If a normal player cannot get as much gold as the prices driven by the AHlords they'll start to be unable to buy stuff like consumables or tokens.
    The answer to too high prices for consumables has always been "just farm it yourself". If prices are too high you can benefit too, farm a bit more and sell leftovers.

Have some alchemy Alt and invest the time to get Rank 3 and later Silas' vial. I never had to pay for my pots and flasks because I bought herbs from the AH, made a ton of stuff, sold 90% of stuff for 100% of herb cost on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The answer to too high prices for consumables has always been "just farm it yourself".
    It starts being ridiculous though when you need to spend more time farming than the time raiding / doing m+ that consumes said items. Especially when herbs are scoured to the ground by roaming bands of multiboxers, often cross realm so herbs they picked won't even land on your AH.