Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Tha fuck? Thats completely different from the data of siege of orgrimmar...how is that even possible?

Are you sure this is reliable data?
    Heroic EP is almsot the achieve most people in WoW have?

Noobs and pros alike?
    Are you insane in the membrane?
    Feel free to browse the armory yourself and compile data ?
    What can I say, armory has a public API to retrieve such thing so feel free to do it yourself.

Here's the formula : (Number of characters 120 with achiev / Total number of characters 120) x 100

Transmog is probably the #1 best feature added to WoW since back in 2004. Transmog has allowed a creativity and freedom of choice beyond anything else the game offers, and I think it creates way more uniqueness than what we had before. Imagine BFA without transmog, all paladins, warriors and death knights would look the same, all rogues, druids and monks would look the same, same with mage, warlock and priest.

Social status? Why do you feel the need to have social status above random strangers? Or do you want to feel like you're above your guildies? I really do not see the point here. You can just go get cutting edge and post it in Trade chat to water your ego flower.

Tha hell? Thats completely different from the data of siege of orgrimmar...how is that even possible?

Noobs and pros alike?
    according to wowhead, 14% of profiles have AotC azshara, wont be precise but definitely closer to truth than 40%

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    according to wowhead, 14% of profiles have AotC azshara, wont be precise but definitely closer to truth than 40%
    wowhead (and others fansite) count very little registered users. It's like taking MMO-C poll seriously and extrapolating them to the total wow population.

Retrieving achievement from the PUBLIC API of the Armory is the more accurate data we can have and ANYBODY CAN CHECK IT THEMSELF.

So feel free to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..they don't get that, right? And OP opens a can of worms with his demand. Why should a guild that clear mythic in week 10 get the same reward as Method or Limit. You can always throw the "They clearly don't care about putting in time or effort" at anyone who comes after Number 1 (and maybe number 2). Now we have the Hall of fame. Alliance filled it up a full month after Horde. No rewards for you, you "... clearly don't care about putting in time or effort"

Either Blizzard removes the special stuff (as they did in the past with some mounts or CM / pvp / mage tower gear) or you have to make due with the titles, mounts and achievements ppl get while Ahead of the curve is active.

Actually...I never found them to be "oh you are awesome in your t3" shallow during Classic....and back then we even only had 4 raid guilds on Horde side on my server. Nobody ever congratulated me on my raid gear (but I did get ppl asking me where I got my nice mount from...which was the epic warlock steed at lv 60 )

But anecdotal evidence and all.

I just try and picture ppl who are like that in game acting this also out in RL..you know...expecting to be worshipped. Do they also worship the ones who have more than they? Is that where celebrity fads come from?
    Social status in real life is not a pretty thing
    Social status ingame is also not pretty to explain

Dont know what to tell you (>_<)

Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    Hey!

Ok, I don't want this to be a rant post about transmogging. I do really love the concept, and I want it to stay, however...

I used to be a quite active raider in the early days of WoW. I'm almost ashamed of admitting it, but the thrill of "hunting" the perfect items was what drove me. The mere feeling of walking around in Ironforge, decked in AQ40 gear while scrubs kneeled at you was f*cking amazing. That was one of the most important things of raiding for me, cool items. Tier gear was something special. It made people go, "wow, he's a really good raider" (or maybe "he's a fucking idiot spending all that time on WoW", but still), which I really miss.

These days people can just transmog the last years fashion and look pumped. And since most gear looks cool, everyone looks the same – nerd and scrub.

So – what can be done?

My suggestion is that the current expansions raid gear gets a special look. Maybe a glowing light, some blood dripping or W/E. When ever it's not the current tier gear anymore the effects dissapear (so it does not work for transmog).

This would, atleast for me, give back the desire to hunt items again. Stats are important, but it doesn't create the same "must have" feeling that cool looks do.

Do you agree?

/vexxan
    This must be a troll post, right? Because nobody would intentionally make themselves seem like such an egotistical knob with such a piss poor attitude so openly.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    wowhead (and others fansite) count very little registered users. It's like taking MMO-C poll seriously and extrapolating them to the total wow population.

Retrieving achievement from the PUBLIC API of the Armory is the more accurate data we can have and ANYBODY CAN CHECK IT THEMSELF.

So feel free to do it.
    Dude...40%...if thats true...it means WoW no longer has any casual players.
    Thats really worrying.
    I just cant believe it :S

Social status in real life is not a pretty thing
    Social status ingame is also not pretty

Dont know what to tell you (>_<)
    All those "Let's look fabulous; <insert class here>" threads completely passed you by? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I doubt that would really help too much with the OP's actual problem that they mention there. Namely, they want to recreate the feeling of just being much much better than others and feeling their awe and envy. And that actually has two components of sorts:
    1) Current best gear looks great and desirable while being special
    2) Not current best gear doesn't look great and desirable
    You can see that in the OP as well. There, he doesn't just complain about current best gear being a bit lacklustre, but also about those not having it being able to look badass, there not being a clear visual distinction between "good" and "bad" players.

It is the latter part in particular that isn't coming back. In Vanilla, there simply was a world of a difference between someone wearing a coherent set of awesome tier armor and someone in disparate dungeon blues. That is what allowed people to really show off, simply because there was this gulf and it relied less on subjectivity. If you had your full T1 set while others ran around in some mix and match of greens, most people would have agreed that you look better.
    Today though, even if your rogue is rocking some new mythic Shadowlands set with some swirly effects that are unique to then current expansion high end items, you won't garner that much attention and people like the OP won't get that feeling of superiority out of it. That's because even 'scrubs' in green questing gear are able to mog badass older sets over it which still look good. And said 'scrubs' might not even be impressed by that super duper gear because, well, to them it might not even look better. They have like 30+ raid and pvp sets alone to choose from, and say the Nighthold Rogue set might just look better to them than the new hotness.
    Heck, OP himself might find himself liking the look of an older set more than the sparkly new thing.

And that's why just adding some flourish to current top gear will not really bring back that distinction between 'nerd and scrub'. It simply can't. Because it recreating that can't work by giving new shiny toys to 'nerds', unless Blizz finds a way to make new stuff the most awesome stuff ever to a massive degree - and restricts it 'nerds' only. It could only truly work by taking away the ability for 'scrubs' to look badass. I doubt anything short of making current non-cutting edge gear not be eligible to transmog over while looking mediocre itself would resolve that imho, and that won't happen.
    Don't get me wrong I get your point but I don't see where OP expressed that desire. In the opening post OP states:
    Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    My suggestion is that the current expansions raid gear gets a special look. Maybe a glowing light, some blood dripping or W/E. When ever it's not the current tier gear anymore the effects dissapear (so it does not work for transmog).

This would, atleast for me, give back the desire to hunt items again. Stats are important, but it doesn't create the same "must have" feeling that cool looks do.

Do you agree?

/vexxan
    Which sounds to me that an effect for current tier would be enough. It could still be bought from boosters but you know, it would be very distinct. If we also make the effect shine through even when mogged into T2 then you'd still be able to see who rock the current pinacle of WoW.

That would for me be very cool and fun. An achievement such as Cutting Edge is cool but it isn't visual at all. There could be 3 stages of the "end game current tier effect" for every third of the raid, different PvP ratings (2.3, 2.5, 2.8k maybe?), m+ (all dungeons lvl 15, lvl 19, lvl 23 in time or so), maybe even from Torghast (super late floors etc). Would be neat to finally get to one of those levels. Also, since it wont carry over into the next teir you wouldn't feel forced to do it just to have it, instead you get it or you don't and then try next season/tier.

Man, the more I think of it, the more great it becomes haha. Gotta remember this!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Tha hell? Thats completely different from the data of siege of orgrimmar...how is that even possible?

Noobs and pros alike?
    Thats because since the Introduction of Mythic raids, Heroic is MainStream.

Also, the List is from end of Last Year, so the amount of Curve for Azshara can even be Higher, and Current RaidTier doesnt even come up.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats really worrying.
    No, it means "Heroic Mode" is Casual Content.
    Everyone can go Heroic.

Thats really worrying.
    Don't believe it then.
    What can I say ?

Casual can clear HC in PUG, pay for a rush.
    Your vision of "casual" is probably very narrow-minded. Casual doesn't mean "noob". In our guild, we've got casual who play 6 hours a week and we've done +15 and HC raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    All those "Let's look fabulous; <insert class here>" threads completely passed you by? >_>
    Lets look fabulous threads are something completely different that the point of OP. He wants to be a special snowflake exclusively wearing current raids shiny armor that only players can wear that actually earned it on its actual difficulty. Without transmog facerolling older content to get the same looks as former proraiders is not working anymore. What an embarrasing point of view. Wants to restrict others from making their chars look dope just to be "admired" by... yeah by who actually? scrubs kneeling infront of IF gates to you will never return, whatever you turn the game into.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Lets look fabulous threads are something completely different that the point of OP. He wants to be a special snowflake exclusively wearing current raids shiny armor that only players can wear that actually earned it on its actual difficulty. Without transmog facerolling older content to get the same looks as former proraiders is not working anymore. What an embarrasing point of view. Wants to restrict others from making their chars look dope just to be "admired" by... yeah by who actually? scrubs kneeling infront of IF gates to you will never return, whatever you turn the game into.
    I know, I was just trying to bring some levity with that comment.

So feel free to do it.
    i admit without problem that i have no clue how to get numbers from official source, so definitely not "anybody"...
    and you obviously did it since you claim to have exact number, so why not just share your calculations and sources they are based on rather than saying we can check it ourself or trust you based on your word? or did you just pulled number out of your ass and now try to save it by saying "you can check" knowing fully well that not everybody CAN check it?

Don't believe it then.
    What can I say ?

Casual can clear HC in PUG, pay for a rush.
    Your vision of "casual" is probably very narrow-minded. Casual doesn't mean "noob". In our guild, we've got casual who play 6 hours a week and we've done +15 and HC raid.
    The PvP stats make sense. Only about 7% of the entire playerbase has 1800 rating

I thought Heroic raiding had the same status as 1800 rating.
    Guess not. (if this is true)

Welp...i have no idea how to be a generous king in this current system then.
    Since rewarding anyhting valuable in Heroic would be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i admit without problem that i have no clue how to get numbers from official source, so definitely not "anybody"...
    and you obviously did it since you claim to have exact number, so why not just share your calculations and sources they are based on rather than saying we can check it ourself or trust you based on your word? or did you just pulled number out of your ass and now try to save it by saying "you can check" knowing fully well that not everybody CAN check it?
    I don't reinvent the wheel, I choose to believe a website who does it already.
    But feel free to prove them wrong, you can start here : https://develop.battle.net/

Transmog always existed, it just required switching legacy gear on manually without being able to actually fight in it, which sucked. Lots of people were running around cities in T1 and T2 in Wrath. Did it invalidate hardcore raiders' achievements of getting the best gear currently in the game? No, it didn't.

There are no negatives to the transmog system, even from the elitist standpoint. The current tier mythic armor is still current tier mythic armor. If people were really still in that mentality "oh look he's so cool" then people farming old gear and wearing it's looks wouldn't stop others from marvelling at someone who wears an actual current tier mythic armor. The fact that no one does that, just means that people's mentality in general has changed. It has nothing to do with being able to transmog old raid sets.

I have no problem with special visual effects for current / high tier armor, but blaming transmog for anything is just DUMB.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Transmog always existed, it just required switching legacy gear on manually without being able to actually fight in it, which sucked. Lots of people were running around cities in T1 and T2 in Wrath. Did it invalidate hardcore raiders' achievements of getting the best gear currently in the game? No, it didn't.

There are no negatives to the transmog system, even from the elitist standpoint. The current tier mythic armor is still current tier mythic armor. If people were really still in that mentality "oh look he's so cool" then people farming old gear and wearing it's looks wouldn't stop others from marvelling at someone who wears an actual current tier mythic armor. The fact that no one does that, just means that people's mentality in general has changed. It has nothing to do with being able to transmog old raid sets.

I have no problem with special visual effects for current / high tier armor, but blaming transmog for anything is just DUMB.
    Did the person in wrath kept his T1 gear equipped if i /dueled him?
    if no then the gear carried zero prestige.

Did the person in wrath kept his T1 gear equipped if i /dueled him?
    if no then the gear carried zero prestige.
    So, once again, what has changed with transmog ?
    T1 wasn't prestigious in Wotlk without transmog, it's still not prestigious with transmog.
    You're using transmog as a scapegoat because you're unable to said what bother you.

Something bother you, you can't really see what but it's seem tied to prestige and incencitive to do raid to have cool looking gear (highly subjective). But now you see people with (old) cool looking gear and because you're a wow pleb (like the majority here, I don't mean that negatively), you said to yourself "Hey ! Why so many people are wearing gear that nobody can have before ???" and you point your finger on transmog because it's a conveniant scapegoat, totally ignoring that people were already doing it before.

One character switching "Show off gear" to "PvE gear" is totally irrelevant to the prestige of said character. Because his prestige came from "current" gear and "actual content" he is clearing, and you're seeing this by numerous factor immediatly recognizable by looking.

In the past it was : What his gear look like (obviously the point bothering you, but if HE want to show off he can just no use transmog and let his prestige radiate from his awesome gear), his mount, his HP pool when it became visible, his title.

In Vanilla, you could have a naked character looking prestigious solely because they have "High Marshall" or "Warlord" in their names.
    In BC you could have a naked character looking prestigious by having Al'ar mount.
    In WotLK you could have a naked character looking prestigious by having HC 25 man Arthas mount.

And now with transmog, you could have a naked character looking prestigious by having mythic Jaina's mount, Mythic N'zoth mount or simply the title.

So your argument of "Prestige was tied to the good looking gear and transmog ruined that" is completely invalid and you're justing bashing your head against facts that you don't like.

I think the problem is that most Mythic Armor looks shit in BfA.

If I saw something with the Mythic BoD armor, I would think he is hot shit.

Or if I saw someone with the Mythic BRF Warlock set, I would do the same. Its sad that they go back to Mythic being just a different color in Shadowlands, but hey, what can you do.