Is Block Cap Now Possible in 8.3

One of the reasons I switched from Prot War to Prot Pal is because it feels more like an old school mitigation tank from WotLK. Has a very high block rating and can also block spells.

With the removal of dodge (3%) it’s pretty hard to get Block capped anymore but I came across a Dodge azerite trait then was thinking if there is any new corruption that increases Dodge? I did see avoidance increased based on haste so wondering if there is something similar. Maybe a combo of traits and gear can bring up Dodge enough to be Block capped.

I am only thinking of this now because with Parry around 30% and Block around 50% is it possible with some combo of gear to achieve the might Block Cap again and be unhittable? Just feel like with scaling and corruptions, traits etc we are getting close enough to try and napkin math a path to glory

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbomb View Post
    One of the reasons I switched from Prot War to Prot Pal is because it feels more like an old school mitigation tank from WotLK. Has a very high block rating and can also block spells.

With the removal of dodge (3%) it’s pretty hard to get Block capped anymore but I came across a Dodge azerite trait then was thinking if there is any new corruption that increases Dodge? I did see avoidance increased based on haste so wondering if there is something similar. Maybe a combo of traits and gear can bring up Dodge enough to be Block capped.

I am only thinking of this now because with Parry around 30% and Block around 50% is it possible with some combo of gear to achieve the might Block Cap again and be unhittable? Just feel like with scaling and corruptions, traits etc we are getting close enough to try and napkin math a path to glory
    I doubt it. This was achievable at the end of Legion if you stacked mastery and used the tier set but you were only capped during the tier set bonus. There is a diminished return on block chance you gain from mastery so without something that's otherwise adding a straight % chance (like holy shield talent) you won't reach the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    I doubt it. This was achievable at the end of Legion if you stacked mastery and used the tier set but you were only capped during the tier set bonus. There is a diminished return on block chance you gain from mastery so without something that's otherwise adding a straight % chance (like holy shield talent) you won't reach the cap.
    Ok, thanks for the info. I was thinking if there is a right combination of Dodge gear maybe being able to raise that low 3% up to 10-15% we might be able to get there. That is where I was looking to bridge the gap in block capping. There are some crazy corruptions now and % buffs figured if BiS set up maybe anything is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodge/parry and block are on two different rolls. Blizzard changed it a few expansions back (wod maybe?). We need 100% block chance to be unhitable.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Dodge/parry and block are on two different rolls. Blizzard changed it a few expansions back (wod maybe?). We need 100% block chance to be unhitable.
    So I found out that Block cap as in 100% block is actually possible now with corruption. The number we want is 160% Mastery and was achieved by a Prot Pal that got the #1 Mythic Maut log. He stacked all mastery amps and 1 proc with 3 times Avenger Might traits in order to cheese the fight with Holy shield and do big damage.

I am waiting on Mastery amps now from the corruption vendor to see what I can come up with. Think I can finally make that mitigation Prot that feels like WotLK Prot again.