Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Update Stormwind?

    I've recently surprised myself by getting really into RP I met a great group of people with the best humour but wandering around Stormwind, I've really found that it's suuuper dated.

    Do you think there'd be any value in Blizzard redoing Stormwind top to bottom? Make it as great of a city as Boralus? Do you think Blizzard should cater to or accomodate RP'ers in any way or is it so niche that it's not wortg it, would "normal" players get enjoyment from an updated Stormwind?
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

  2. #2
    Pretty sure its been updated a number of times now

  3. #3
    After seeing they keep using that decades old cathedral model even on cutscenes I'm pretty sure they are not even thinking on updating it asides from the few additions they usually do.

    It's a shame since a very detailed stormwind was created for the Warcraft movie.

  4. #4
    They should just update the skybox. It would improve a lot. Like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...skybox_update/
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Pretty sure its been updated a number of times now
    They've updated the pavement as far as I'm aware, the buildings themselves are still as atrocious as ever
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    512
    They should update some of the old buildings. The only updates are new areas they threw in.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    After seeing they keep using that decades old cathedral model even on cutscenes I'm pretty sure they are not even thinking on updating it asides from the few additions they usually do.

    It's a shame since a very detailed stormwind was created for the Warcraft movie.
    Yeah, I think the recent cutscene of the cathedral crumbling is the nail in the coffin for the idea sadly, I was just curious if this was something people would like to see resources allocated towards
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

  8. #8
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,077
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I've recently surprised myself by getting really into RP I met a great group of people with the best humour but wandering around Stormwind, I've really found that it's suuuper dated.

    Do you think there'd be any value in Blizzard redoing Stormwind top to bottom? Make it as great of a city as Boralus? Do you think Blizzard should cater to or accomodate RP'ers in any way or is it so niche that it's not wortg it, would "normal" players get enjoyment from an updated Stormwind?
    Not worth it. Aside from the standard 'go here and start <insert name of expansion and/or questline>' there's no real reason that demands our time be spent there.

    And updating SW literally *demands* that they update Orgrimmar as well, otherwise the 'REEEE ALLIANCE BIAS ALLIANCE BIAS' morons will crawl out from under their rocks.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not worth it. Aside from the standard 'go here and start <insert name of expansion and/or questline>' there's no real reason that demands our time be spent there.

    And updating SW literally *demands* that they update Orgrimmar as well, otherwise the 'REEEE ALLIANCE BIAS ALLIANCE BIAS' morons will crawl out from under their rocks.
    Orgrimmar got a pretty major overhaul in Cataclysm though, the Alliance just got new roads, but I agree with the first point
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

  10. #10
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,670
    Would be nice to have og/sw in the size of suramar and boralus, but i feel like that would cost alot of resources that can be used somewhere more... useful.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-04-21 at 08:40 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Orgrimmar got a pretty major overhaul in Cataclysm though, the Alliance just got new roads, but I agree with the first point
    Stormwind has been consistently updated over the years, with entire new districts added and a fresh paint job, while many buildings have not changed, their resolution has.

    I'd rather they focus not just on Orgrimmar and Stormwind
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2020-04-21 at 08:44 PM.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,114
    They should update every other capital
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Grommashar
    Posts
    3,640
    Stormwind sucks. Cataclysm made it way worse.

    The Cathederal is smaller and they keep changing the layout of the rooms and added a shitty yellow tile roof. Stormwind Keep is fine but it needs like 4 more towers around it to turn it into a big fucking defensive castle. The mage tower needs to be thicker and more dominant too. Maybe Dalaran style?

    This place is meant to be the rebuilt capital of all humanity on Azeroth and its a couple of big towers and a church with 5 small ass districts separated by silly looking canals.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    They should update every other capital
    Precisely, but so far it seems they will raze every other capital instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post

    This place is meant to be the rebuilt capital of all humanity on Azeroth and its a couple of big towers and a church with 5 small ass districts separated by silly looking canals.
    It isn't really, humans do not stand united and stormwind is most certainly not their capital. Considering its history it is already rather over-represented, considering it was a backwater agrarian kingdom, without any special resources etc.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2020-04-21 at 08:50 PM.

  15. #15
    Abandon Stormwind and make Ironforge the main hub. Much cozyer.

  16. #16
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They should just update the skybox. It would improve a lot. Like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...skybox_update/
    Don't need more convincing from me. Updated Skybox would be an improvement.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  17. #17
    Your right, we should definately update Stormwind!



    Watches as the Horde burns the entire place to ash like in Game of Thrones

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Your right, we should definately update Stormwind!



    Watches as the Horde burns the entire place to ash like in Game of Thrones
    Naw let the Gurubashi do it, reclaiming their land driving the humans north where they build a new shiny city in Arathi Highlands, basically back to their roots.

  19. #19
    WTB updated iron forge.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Naw let the Gurubashi do it, reclaiming their land driving the humans north where they build a new shiny city in Arathi Highlands, basically back to their roots.
    Go further push them all the way back to northrend.

  20. #20
    For them to completely update a city to the extent you're actually asking (the last time was Orgrimmar and it aged like shit, vanilla version was better), it would need to have current replayable relevance beyond auction houses and portals. I would argue since it's one of the big thing new and returning players see esp. and end of expansion, it should be prioritized, anyway, but here we are.

    I feel like rolling in maybe a mix of rep/crafting world quests that rotate and can be completed in the city proper or the immediate surrounding zones, or developing new gameplay features and keeping them exclusively in the two capitals. Maybe the garrison tables we see every expansion. If they ever implemented housing or guild housing, have vendors there for selling basic upgrades. Put in-game leaderboards for M+, raids, PVP, and if Torghast gets developed into an expansion-agnostic feature, that too.

    I'm sure there's many other options I'm not immediately thinking of.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2020-04-21 at 08:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •