Thread: Outlaw AoE

Outlaw AoE

It might be an unpopular opinion but.

They should nerf blade flurry even more (2-3 target cap) so that it becomes cleave instead of AoE (wasn't it like this at some point?) or just remove it.

And bring back Cannonball Barrage. That was a coolspell.

Blade flurry is the most bland AoE form out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blade flurry is the most bland AoE form out there.
    Whirlwind says Hi!
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

You’re not wrong as other than a bunch of numbers popping up on the screen BF has no real animation to it. With how it functions idk how Blizz could actually improve its animation and BF is just far too integral to combat/outlaw to be pruned.

Cannonball Barrage...yes, i would nerf BF if it meant having back CB.
    Why do you make us dream?
    This is torture

Blade flurry is more interesting than a boring AoE spell cooldown.

its a niche, which has slowly died more and more over the years.

Is it a flashy spell? No. But the way the spell interacts within the combat of WoW it is interesting.

Just like sub was interesting when AoE spells buffed their single target damage. Its nice to have different styles so its not just build combo points and spend x 1000.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Blade flurry is more interesting than a boring AoE spell cooldown.

its a niche, which has slowly died more and more over the years.

Is it a flashy spell? No. But the way the spell interacts within the combat of WoW it is interesting.

Just like sub was interesting when AoE spells buffed their single target damage. Its nice to have different styles so its not just build combo points and spend x 1000.
    Different isn't always better. The spell is just a toggle that doesn't even change your rotation.

If it forced you to switch your rotation while it's active then it might be interesting. Also, Cannon Barrage fills in that pirate fantasy of the spec more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Different isn't always better. The spell is just a toggle that doesn't even change your rotation.

If it forced you to switch your rotation while it's active then it might be interesting. Also, Cannon Barrage fills in that pirate fantasy of the spec more.
    Not everything is about rotation. Theres also gear stats/talents/azzy traits.

Its no surprise nearly all of those options are tailored towards blade flurry atm because the functionality of blade flurry is incredibly strong.

You take that away and the spec is a Pirate RPer that just casts the same two spells over and over.

You may as well take away rupture from assassin so all three rogue specs can be completely dull with no individual strengths.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

BF is cool and all, but I'd much rather have a cool visual like Blade Dance on DH. That's what Killing Spree should be. But oh well.

In terms of balance, Outlaw's niche is certainly nice but also problematic. To have such a high sustained AoE/cleave/cle5ve is a nightmare to balance properly, which is why Outlaw tends to fluctuate between bottom and top depending on number of targets. Hard niches like that are problematic in many ways.

(shout-out to my Havoc DH friends who are just OP at everything all the time and just need to hit the keyboard real hard with 10 fingers to top meters in both raids and M+)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    The spell is just a toggle that doesn't even change your rotation.
    That's true. But the "AOE rotation" of many specs in the game consist basically of spamming one button. I wouldn't say that the AOE rotations of the Warrior specs, DH, BM hunter, Ret Pala, Frost Death Knight etc. are more interesting.

I started playing my BM hunter a lot recently because the performance of the Rogue specs is going down in raids, and the AOE rotation of the BM hunter is actually even more simple than their single-target rotation. I have a Weakaura for Barbed shot and a Weakaura for Beast cleave. The AOE rotation basically consist of keeping those two buffs up which is extremely simple.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-04-24 at 08:25 AM.