Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Great change, and they should commit to doing the same in BFA when SL actually launches (ie, not the pre-patch).

And another adaptation to the casual noobs that cant do anything for 3 days. Sad, sad times.

All you have to do if you want something, is yell that you should have it and boom, you get it.

As I expected

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for me to start selling off my stacks of Medallion of the Legion, it seems.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Another good news, another thing we got from WoD era that's gone. Yes, BFA is not the best expansion. But obviously it's not the worst.
    Pathfinder is still in the game for Shadownlands zones. So, it is not gone. They only reason they are doing what they are is because of the level squish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    There is. You were able to fly in the zones when they were relevant.

Look at it this way: "There should be something a little better associated with those who grinded all ICC25hc epics out.

%T the Epic...?"

No. Your reward was to have the best gear when that content was relevant. Same as flying in these zones - it made that content easier and faster and Blizzard owes you nothing for changing it now, years later.

Stop looking for recompensations and recognition rewards literally everywhere.
    Says one who is defending being rewarded for laziness and refusing to do content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    He literally just said that you can't fly if you choose to spend your entire time leveling in BFA content, yet you can fly in all the rest pre-Shadowlands. What's the point in making something accessible and easier for new players if you completely ignore being able to fly in BFA content? Seems like they're just more afraid to hurt the feelings who worked towards flying in BFA than they are making it easier to newer players. The fact it took them this long to remove the grind to fly from WoD blows my fucking mind and it only shows how stubborn and disconnected this dev team can be.
    How dare they want to require you do content to fly instead of rewarding the lazy. ANd you seem to forget that EVERYONE hiad to level in BFA without flying. Player entitlement and laziness continues to get worse.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-04-22 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    And another adaptation to the casual noobs that cant do anything for 3 days. Sad, sad times.

All you have to do if you want something, is yell that you should have it and boom, you get it.
    It's just a matter of streamlining. It makes sense with all the leveling changes, condensing of levels and story. Relax. The game isn't dying because some people have easier access to flying. You're doom and glooming over content that was relevant in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Says one who is defending being rewarded for laziness and refusing to do content.
    Excuse me?

Quote Originally Posted by Zewks View Post
    ... if the 10-50 leveling experience is supposed to take a similar amount of time as the 1-110 experience, thats gonna be rough on new players without being able to fly in at least SOME of that content.
    Leveling is a lot quicker. New starting zone is level 1-10 and after that it's 2-3 zones from BFA to get to 50. Completely new player will probably play for 10h and currently unoptimized leveling with heirlooms is about 6h.

This change better work with Mount Hyjal in Mind. I do know that there are some quests in Aviana's Roost that mostly require flying right off the bat, and a fresh level 10-20 character running through Hyjal's content would not, at the present moment, be able to complete it. "A Prayer and a Wing" is an example of such quest. Sure, you could look up a YT video on how to do this particular quest without flying, but the fact still remains that this entry-level zone was designed with SOME flying in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Why do they need to give them flying? The legion and draenor zones were designed around no flight.

Really pisses me off considering how much time I spent getting those achieves.

- - - Updated - - -

If the content isn't relevant anymore, why do people need to be able to fly in it?
    I got the achievements and I couldn't give less of a shit these are gone. I don't want to ever see some pathfinding BS achievement ever again, let people fly at max. Don't want to fly? Then don't fly.

They should really just change the name of the next expansion to "World of Warcrat 2".

It's not the same game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they need to give them flying? The legion and draenor zones were designed around no flight.

- - - Updated - - -

If the content isn't relevant anymore, why do people need to be able to fly in it?
    Because flying is useful. The content itself is dated, but flying as a practice is handy.

I got the pathfinder achieve when it was relevant also and it sucked. It's great for others to have an easier time to gain it. I never understand why when something is introduced to make a process easier or more accessible to others, someone has to come out with the "WELL WHAT ABOUT THE WORK I PUT IT BEFORE?" shtick. Like if some compensation is needed for your time invested years ago. What's it matter? We, who worked for it, have taken advantage of it after the work put in long ago and now, a lot of those old pathfinders/systems make no sense in the current direction. It's just what it is.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2020-04-22 at 08:09 PM.

Only thing about keeping pathfinder in BfA is that there is a vit of weirdness for a new player in acquiring flying for the first time.

You have to level through BfA the first time so you do that. Get to level 30 and the game tells you to go to your capital city and learn to fly. That sounds cool, flying around the city is kinda fun. Go back to BfA to carry on leveling and you can fly anymore and the game won't tell you why.

Easy fix but could definitely see that being confusing and annoying.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUH SEKRIT CLUB. Dude, grow up. I completed those shitty achievements and I don't care. People who missed an expansion or two, should not feel punished.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post

The "noobs" you refer to (I assume because they have better things to do they must be bad at this game) are players just like you. If the requirement is to do the same thing over and over in what is meant to be an enjoyable hobby, then there's a good argument to remove it. I haven't had flying for the past 3 expansions because I value my time. This change is welcome, and if you resent it you really need to rethink where your life is going (or not going)

Are people really crying that the requirement is being lifted years after the content is relevant?
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    There has been one, singular, expansion where you had flight while leveling. Cata, because it didn't make sense not to when you're switching between new and old zones constantly.

Why is this such a big deal?
    Actually 2, WotLk you got it before cap, and later you could buy a BoA book to have it earlier still on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Another good news, another thing we got from WoD era that's gone. Yes, BFA is not the best expansion. But obviously it's not the worst.
    Yes, bfa is the worst.

Now they just need to get rid of Pathfinder period, it's a godawful shitty idea from people who whine about flying for no reason.

So we have earned flying for all our alts in Draenor and Broken Isles and now that is gone and we have to BUY it at lvl 30 per alt? Well... How lame