Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm also curious to why exactly BfA is not included. It makes zero sense. It would make that expansion NOT GREAT to do if you don't have flying unlocked. In a way it kind of sums up the entire expansion in a good way tho, started like crap and ends even worse - best to avoid. Thanks Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Idiots like you are the reason retail is a complete joke.
    Feels good man!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheppo View Post
    you are massively over-stating the amount of effort required to get the rep requirements on a main character. I'm an all-but social player these days, but even for me getting the rep ahead of the achievements in the last few expansions has not been an issue, especially consider the other unlocks that the reputations had, e.g. the essences and mounts for BFA which have made the reputations a whole lot relevant and literally rewarding.
    That would apply IF your main had something worthwhile from the reps. In a lot of cases that isn't the case however and at that point it's just a slog to do that shit every day.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I'm all for this change, I just had a thought that I'm curious to see if they've answered. If we've already earned the Pathfinder achievement will we still have to go purchase Draenor & Broken Isles Pathfinder on all of our toons when Shadowlands goes live, or will it automatically unlock it on all of our toons for us, saving us some time & gold?

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Idiots like you are the reason retail is a complete joke.
    Wow...you just came straight from the salt mines, huh?

It was a simple question. No need for the anger and insults. I just wanted to know how flight was being handled in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-04-24 at 01:48 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just let us fly at max level ffs... stop it with the forced grinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Hard disagree. BfA makes me nostalgic for the dumpster fire of WOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedmist View Post
    It could be argued that BfA is indeed the worst expansion they've ever released. Seriously.
    I highly doubt that the moderate inconvenience you experience from not rolling the right azerite traits you want right away so you can eek out that extra 2.3% DPS on content months after it's been cleared is tantamount to AFKing all day in your garrison that was the entirety of content in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Just let us fly at max level ffs... stop it with the forced grinds.
    This, here, is the correct answer.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    When you can only do part of an achievement because they haven't released all of it, that is time gating. No boogeyman lol just plain ol' definitions.
    Then literally everything that's happened since 1.0 is time gated and your argument is still specious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    You should speak for yourself. "Playing the game" Doesn't get you pathfinder. What if someone only does pet battles? There is no way for that person to achieve flying other than doing the main story for ALL zones and doing weeks of WQ's. Same goes for PVP players. Myself; If I get max level and still have a zone to do the last thing I want to do is do an entire story in a zone I don't give two shits about. Once I'm done as you would like to say "playing the game" I still wouldn't have pathfinder. Some people don't like WQ's. Guess what you can't fly without doing them.

The "just play the game argument" has always been hella weak. People play the game differently. Flying used to only be gated by gold which was universal currency that players could get by doing ANY part of the game thus alloying EVERYONE to fly without doing content they don't want to do.
    If you want the reward for doing open world content, then you have to do open world content. Just like literally any reward from any other part of the game. Pathfinder is a reward for completing it. Playing the game means playing the part of the game for which it is the reward. If you don't do open world content, you don't need flying.

I don't expect raid loot from battlegrounds, or pet tokens from raids. You shouldn't expect something only useful in the open world to not require you to do things in the open world. The rewards you get should fit the content you do, and you should have to do that content to get them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I highly doubt that the moderate inconvenience you experience from not rolling the right azerite traits you want right away so you can eek out that extra 2.3% DPS on content months after it's been cleared is tantamount to AFKing all day in your garrison that was the entirety of content in WoD.
    100% agree. Watch how they will answer "But but class design, I had 2 more buttons to push and no gcd on everything!!!" Because that is all so important when afking in the garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    Pathfinder was there for a reason. Removing the flying rewards makes all of it obsolete. Might aswell remove flying completely at this point.
    Pathfinder was there as an artificial grind to keep people busy which isn't needed when you cut the levels in half and actually have new content for people to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Then literally everything that's happened since 1.0 is time gated and your argument is still specious.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want the reward for doing open world content, then you have to do open world content. Just like literally any reward from any other part of the game. Pathfinder is a reward for completing it. Playing the game means playing the part of the game for which it is the reward. If you don't do open world content, you don't need flying.

I don't expect raid loot from battlegrounds, or pet tokens from raids. You shouldn't expect something only useful in the open world to not require you to do things in the open world. The rewards you get should fit the content you do, and you should have to do that content to get them.
    I would totally agree... if PF could be completed by simply exploring and doing the zones’ stories.

As long as they are still ALSO locked behind the stupid reputations and you cannot get to revered by simply doing standard quests (not mentioning factions without normal quests like CoA and in lesser degree Naz and Mechalols) for me it’s still dumb, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    As someone who has unlocked WoD, Legion and BfA flying a long time ago, I don't mind this change, but what I do mind is how it is branded as something that is supposed to give a "consistent experience". If they want to equalize the leveling experience, then why are they keeping no flying in for BfA? Why allow players to get flying in WoD and Legion, but not in BfA? What's the excuse to now barr players from flying in Shadowlands a lot earlier when the criteria for having to earn an achievement to fly is now null and void? There really is no point in having players jump through hoops and then look backward to see others achieve the same things they did with no time spent playing. The justification for achievement-gated flying in expansions since WoD was that a player has only earned to fly once they've done enough content within said expansion and that is measured through Pathfinder progress. Why is it then that players don't need to earn that for WoD and Legion, but have to do so for BfA? And how does Shadowlands being a new expansion justify no flying from the get-go, other than "We want to make you spend more time doing stuff because this is now and what we required you to do in the past is now trashed time". If anything, this is about their inconsistency, not leveling experience consistency.

This change, which I support, should now also void the entire Pathfinder scheme which is nothing but the timegating of flying for those that actively play in order to juice playtime out of them. There's absolutely nothing valuable to these achievements anymore and it makes getting them in new expansions all the more pointless and tedious when you know that they'll be voided a year or two later.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on top of this all those who have unlocked flying for these three expansions will now need to buy flying on newly created characters, despite having the adequate Pathfinder achievements, in order to fly on them? I didn't quite understand whether we who have all the Pathfinder achievements will still have to pay for flying on alts that we'll level once Shadowlands goes live. If that is the case, then the only thing that we get out of this is additional gold expenses because as things stand we just mount up and fly, provided the achievement is there.
    I have to agree with you. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    As someone who has unlocked WoD, Legion and BfA flying a long time ago, I don't mind this change, but what I do mind is how it is branded as something that is supposed to give a "consistent experience". If they want to equalize the leveling experience, then why are they keeping no flying in for BfA? Why allow players to get flying in WoD and Legion, but not in BfA? What's the excuse to now barr players from flying in Shadowlands a lot earlier when the criteria for having to earn an achievement to fly is now null and void? There really is no point in having players jump through hoops and then look backward to see others achieve the same things they did with no time spent playing. The justification for achievement-gated flying in expansions since WoD was that a player has only earned to fly once they've done enough content within said expansion and that is measured through Pathfinder progress. Why is it then that players don't need to earn that for WoD and Legion, but have to do so for BfA? And how does Shadowlands being a new expansion justify no flying from the get-go, other than "We want to make you spend more time doing stuff because this is now and what we required you to do in the past is now trashed time". If anything, this is about their inconsistency, not leveling experience consistency.

This change, which I support, should now also void the entire Pathfinder scheme which is nothing but the timegating of flying for those that actively play in order to juice playtime out of them. There's absolutely nothing valuable to these achievements anymore and it makes getting them in new expansions all the more pointless and tedious when you know that they'll be voided a year or two later.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on top of this all those who have unlocked flying for these three expansions will now need to buy flying on newly created characters, despite having the adequate Pathfinder achievements, in order to fly on them? I didn't quite understand whether we who have all the Pathfinder achievements will still have to pay for flying on alts that we'll level once Shadowlands goes live. If that is the case, then the only thing that we get out of this is additional gold expenses because as things stand we just mount up and fly, provided the achievement is there.
    i rarely troll here but u made some great points , +5 points in agreement.
    Black
    You value power, ambition, and darkness. You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull. Your enemies are white and green

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    We're talking achievements, not content. Achievements weren't introduced into the game until patch 3.0. Splitting pathfinder into separate patches, is literally the definition of time gating. Imagine if they did the same thing for content and raids could only be completed across patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This, here, is the correct answer.
    I’d rather hit an endgame, get BiS gear, and be able to raid log than have wow give me an infinite supply of chores that don’t mean crap in the end.

So yeah, wod was better than bfa to me personally. Not even close and that says something cuz wod is awful

Another spit in the face of the community

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah let’s also slow down leveling to Classic pace, I’m playing since day one and it’s just not fair that a new guy can do 1-120 in less than 784994 days of /played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah man, how dare they make it more convenient for players to quest by removing old, outdated requirements.

Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2020-04-24 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I’d rather hit an endgame, get BiS gear, and be able to raid log than have wow give me an infinite supply of chores that don’t mean crap in the end.

So yeah, wod was better than bfa to me personally. Not even close and that says something cuz wod is awful
    So you’re saying that because the game doesn’t hand you everything instantly, it’s worse than having nothing to do?

You’re literally whining about single digit percent fluctuations of dps to eek out an edge in metrics that don’t matter and the game doesn’t even reward you for. That is not a concern for the vast, vast majority of players.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.