Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Jailers appearance difference.

Don't know if anyone has disccused this but so far we have seen three different "models" of the jailer, the blizzcon concept art one, the shadowlands features overview one, and lastly his newest datamined model version. So what do you think each of his models mean and why are there three distinct versions? I personally believe his concept art is him before his imprisoment, the overview one his appearance before he gets released by sylvanas and the new one him after he is freed.

I mean the first two look almost identical if you look at the armor and general form. We cant see any details so if you fill in the blanks from the first image I think theres a pretty solid match, third link wants some captcha bs so I didnt look at it.

It's being discussed in the lore forum. If the datamined model is the actual Jailer, I think it's just an avatar of him, like the Avatar of Sargeras.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Don't know if anyone has disccused this but so far we have seen three different "models" of the jailer, the blizzcon concept art one, the shadowlands features overview one, and lastly his newest datamined model version. So what do you think each of his models mean and why are there three distinct versions? I personally believe his concept art is him before his imprisoment, the overview one his appearance before he gets released by sylvanas and the new one him after he is freed.
    The first two are identical, where as the last one... Time will tell.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

What is so mindblowing to people about the Jailer being shaven of his giant white beard? It could literally be the exact same guy.

You can't see his pointed ears in the concept art. He could definitely just have been forcibly shaven (get it, like a prisoner) or he grows the hair when the thing in his chest is replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's being discussed in the lore forum. If the datamined model is the actual Jailer, I think it's just an avatar of him, like the Avatar of Sargeras.
    honestly all those arguments are like "BUT ITS A MASSIVE MODEL!". if that was the case then the hellfire peninsula fel reaver would have been an expansion end boss lol. I personally think its just a guard dude or some other boss.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    honestly all those arguments are like "BUT ITS A MASSIVE MODEL!". if that was the case then the hellfire peninsula fel reaver would have been an expansion end boss lol. I personally think its just a guard dude or some other boss.
    I agree that the size model doesn't mean much. Kin'garoth, from Antorus, was also as massive as Kil'jaeden, but he was just a random minion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

First two look the same.

Can't view the 3'd picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Also, the Jailer's beard and crown/shoulder armor might be parts of his model that will be added later throughout the alpha.

Otherwise they are both big giant grey people. Why wouldn't it be the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    The Jailer is using the model in Torghast on alpha. It's him.

They should have used a gnome or one of those fox things horde got to troll everyone.

Or a High Elf.

I've got it bros.

Sylvanas helps the Jailer abduct the ultimate power source of power, Aman'thul. The Jailer then drains Aman'thul of his essence, which powers him up and gives him a huge bushy beard and hair.

(jk ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    What is so mindblowing to people about the Jailer being shaven of his giant white beard? It could literally be the exact same guy.

You can't see his pointed ears in the concept art. He could definitely just have been forcibly shaven (get it, like a prisoner) or he grows the hair when the thing in his chest is replaced.
    This.

We are certain to have a big max level "oh shit" moment through questing like we had Jaina's family stuff and Mythrax destroying the final seal in Zuldazar.

This time we will see the datamined Jailer model throughout the game, then at max level he and Sylv will roll into Oribos, grab the orb out of the Arbiter, and restore him to his titanesque look. We will probably get some lore about how he was ousted by the other Titans or something and his power given to the Arbiter in the form of the orb or something, and their plan for Azeroth will be revealed.

I hope he keeps his concept appearance. Because he honestly looks like an Undead Titan, and that raises so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    This.

We are certain to have a big max level "oh shit" moment through questing like we had Jaina's family stuff and Mythrax destroying the final seal in Zuldazar.

This time we will see the datamined Jailer model throughout the game, then at max level he and Sylv will roll into Oribos, grab the orb out of the Arbiter, and restore him to his titanesque look. We will probably get some lore about how he was ousted by the other Titans or something and his power given to the Arbiter in the form of the orb or something, and their plan for Azeroth will be revealed.
    Good concept but I thought they were playing on that this place and the jailer etc were around before the titans awoke?

I'll repeat my theory about these.

Third picture is the Jailer.
    First and second picture is not the Jailer. It's the creature that is imprisoned within the Maw.

That creature is the Father of Pantheon. He doesn't have to be a Titan himself, but he's the being who created the current Titans / Titan Souls. He was corrupted by the void or some other powerful force and the Pantheon, unable to destroy him, decided to imprison him in the Maw within the Shadowlands - the most secure place in existence. The Arbiter agreed to that and tasked the Jailer, who was already watching over the spirits within the Maw, with eternal vigil over the Fallen Father. Throughout the time, the Jailer was being slowly corrupted, until the Fallen Father swayed him over to his side and they started scheming to release him.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

First and second picture is not the Jailer. It's the creature that is imprisoned within the Maw.
    You mean the guy in the concept art called "The Jailer" and the one in the cinematic trailer that Blizzard called The Jailer is not The Jailer?

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

That creature is the Father of Pantheon. He doesn't have to be a Titan himself, but he's the being who created the current Titans / Titan Souls. He was corrupted by the void or some other powerful force and the Pantheon, unable to destroy him, decided to imprison him in the Maw within the Shadowlands - the most secure place in existence. The Arbiter agreed to that and tasked the Jailer, who was already watching over the spirits within the Maw, with eternal vigil over the Fallen Father. Throughout the time, the Jailer was being slowly corrupted, until the Fallen Father swayed him over to his side and they started scheming to release him.
    i want stuff you smoking dude. Interesting concept

Honestly it could just be that Blizzard us pissed the bearded image leaked and changed course on the model as a result of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas told him long beards are so out of fashion and he should just shave it all "cuz thats what all the Chads do"