Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Still waiting for Blizz to explain why she ain't a skeleton or big buff dudet like the other Necrolords
    Because you can choose to keep your old form.

Lady Vashj could have chosen to use her night elf form in the afterlife, she chose to stay a naga because it was in that form that she was recognized and rewarded for her cunning and resolve, as opposed to being a simple handmaiden only valued for her beauty as a night elf.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Because you can choose to keep your old form.

Lady Vashj could have chosen to use her night elf form in the afterlife, she chose to stay a naga because it was in that form that she was recognized and rewarded for her cunning and resolve, as opposed to being a simple handmaiden only valued for her beauty as a night elf.
    Isn't their current form just a flesh golem that they chose to have made in their desired form? This is what I don't get about Maldraxxus, there's some parts that say they can just choose their appearances and other's that say it's all fleshcrafted and Maldraxxians have some sort of 1Up system where their souls can be popped out of their flesh golem when they 'die' and another can just be made to contain it. Like with that slaughter daughter character that you have to Build-a-bod for after she lost her previous one due to 'dying'.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Isn't their current form just a flesh golem that they chose to have made in their desired form? This is what I don't get about Maldraxxus, there's some parts that say they can just choose their appearances and other's that say it's all fleshcrafted and Maldraxxians have some sort of 1Up system where their souls can be popped out of their flesh golem when they 'die' and another can just be made to contain it. Like with that slaughter daughter character that you have to Build-a-bod for after she lost her previous one due to 'dying'.
    Not sure.

I guess some are simply constructed and their souls shoved in - and thus can get a new body if they need/want one. No idea how it works though..
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Many of the old characters are shoehorned in.

In a realm where no one ages, it is unlilely that the kills of the last 10 years or so rose up to places of promince. These cameos could have been new characters. The cameos could have been grunt level soldiers. It all feels a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Thrall already got to meet his mother once. I think you're probably right, that's there INTENTION for her, but I also think that it is... well, problematic and a tad irresponsible, on top of just being a waste of potential.

First off, Draka is a nobody. She was a nobody in OUR universe (in Rise of the Horde, she's not even some particularly noteworthy warrior), and she was equally unimportant in the Alternate timeline. That doesn't make her "bad", but she's ultimately not important, and in an expansion where were are delving into the literal afterlife of Warcraft, we should ONLY be interacting with People of Great Interest.

Orgrim, Grom, Broxidar, Lothar -- there are countless choices that would've been EXCITING choices to see! And yet somehow, Draka is the ONLY one that makes the cut? And again, given that she magically became a Rogue in the animated short, I also believe she was intended to be Garona.

The "problematic" part is that Thrall, who has already lived a pretty full life and dealt with so many trials and met so many people, the idea that it's going to take his mother -- who was NEVER a part of his life -- to "fix him" is kind of a shitty message, imo. It's the same problem I had with Jaina's storyline in BFA; I think it was great seeing how vulnerable Jaina was around her mother, but I think it would've been much more meaningful for Jaina to have to deal with the fact her mother doesn't love her, rather than "oh Jaina just has to win her over, and everything's peachy!".

Just my two cents.
    She actually does have some developed lore in the graphic novels that were released with a bunch of short stories; the entire point of her character is that she was actually born frail and sickly and overcomes these things through hard work and dedication to her Frostwolf tribe by completing a bunch of trials laid out to her by a shaman, becoming powerful enough that Orgrim asks Durotan who she is and that he would claim her as his wife if they were of the same tribe.

Unfortunately, none of that information is available in game at all which makes her really feel like a nobody character when there's actually a little backstory there.

I do feel like she was probably an odd choice though and I'm hoping that we get more information in later patches that explain why she was the one chosen to represent the story of Maldraxxus. The problem with some of the other characters listed here like Grom or Orgrim is that they would probably have gone to Revendreth because of his pride, similar to how Garrosh is there right now. Pride is a very common trait in orcs and especially their warrior-type characters so I'd imagine that a lot of them probably end up in Revendreth (if not some other Shadowland zone we haven't seen yet).

Honestly I'd have preferred that they just make Vashj the main character of the zone and had Draka as the side chick instead. I feel like it would have made a much more compelling and relatable story, especially if there's a reunion between her and the redeemed Kael'thas at some point later in the expansion with some dialogue about working together under Illidan or the players telling them of Illidan's revival and his "completion" of his mission against Sargeras. Would have made for a really cool moment to wrap up a story a long time in the making and tie it all in a nice bow for now.

[Edit] Especially because my personal theory is that killing Argus at the end of Legion is what broke the "machine of death" as he was the Death related Titan and judging by the Arbiter being shut down by a big flash of red and Argus going big red in the mythic (and thus canonical) version of the raid fight before being killed, my best guess is that the soul of Argus is the reason that the Arbiter stopped working properly. Giving Vashj and Kael'thas a summary of what happened with Illidan (which I assume they'd be interested in since they worked toward the same goal for a while) and thus revealing the fate of Argus to them and figuring out that the reason everything stopped working is that with their help, it would really tie it all together nicely.

Feel good moment for them seeing their master's mission completed, reveals the reason things are fucky in the Shadowlands, and ties it all together with where most of the death realm stuff began. Hell, you could even say that Sylvanas had the whole thing planned from the beginning of Legion when she met with Helya and that it was all a part of her evil genius master plan and that Helya instructed her to find a way to kill Argus if you REALLY wanted to pull it all together conveniently.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2020-11-26 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Doesnt matter how hard you try, but Draka is just not interesting. She is not cool and never will be.. she is doomed from the start just like that horrible Talanji character.

Draka sucks.
    You know how forgettable BFA is?

I read your post and immediately thought "who the fuck is Talanji?"

I honestly, for a moment, forgot Princess Talanji existed. And five minutes after this post, probably will have gotten back to having forgotten her.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Also because if they didn't use Draka then every prominent lore figure in Shadowlands would be a human or an elf.
    OP just suggested a bunch of other prominent Orc characters that could have been used. The point is Draka isn't the only non-human/elf character they could have went with.