Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Grom Hellscream would have been the logical choice since he freed his people before he died, if they wanted to take an Orc then he would be the one since he did a honorable act on his final moment.

If Thrall go to SL with us, we could have some serious mother/son speech with end of this depression of Thrall and we will get our daddy back.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Draka is just SUCH a weird choice, I can't possibly imagine what they hope to achieve, other than some forced "mother-son moments" with Thrall at some point.
    The plan is that she will hug Thrall and he will regain his shaman powers.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

None of the four horsemen would really fit in Ardenweald.

And at her core, Draka was a warrior. That's all you really need to be in Maldraxxus. She fought her way from being a sickly child to a true Orc and died without having caused any horrible acts. The likes of Blackhand, Kilrogg and the others most likely ended up in the Maw or Revendreth instead.

Also while Thrall might not have been important recently, it's likely he will be helping us lead the charge into the Shadowlands at first. We know Jaina is with us and many other heroes will get killed or captured at the start of the expansion. Given Thrall got a shiny new model recently, I bet you anything he's going too thus making her relevant.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I agree. Orcs should have their own area in the Shadowlands for the Ancestors.
    She !ight be the precursor for the Draenor landmass in SL who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Grom Hellscream would have been the logical choice since he freed his people before he died, if they wanted to take an Orc then he would be the one since he did a honorable act on his final moment.
    Well Draka also had a good death, either way, i think the main reason to pick Draka, was because she was a minor character, so her involvement in the story wouldn't be so important as other characters, i mean... she's fighting together with Alexandros, and it looks like she's following his lead, Grom doesn't sound like someone who would follow others lead but would lead himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    None of the four horsemen would really fit in Ardenweald.

And at her core, Draka was a warrior. That's all you really need to be in Maldraxxus. She fought her way from being a sickly child to a true Orc and died without having caused any horrible acts. The likes of Blackhand, Kilrogg and the others most likely ended up in the Maw or Revendreth instead.
    I mean we will have to see what Blizzard does with the necrolords (though by the time we know it will be too late), but there is quite the disconnect between "proud warrior" and "lulz, i totally did make an abomination with the parts I tore from this guy last week, should have seen him! LOOOSER, lol" attitude we've seen in some of the datamined stuff. An orc afterlife should be a more tribal (read: less titan) version of Odyn's halls of valor or an eternal hunting ground where people get reborn in an endless cycle of hunted and hunter. The whole scourge thing seems just weird and I have my doubts if Blizzard can create a satisfying reason for the disconnect here. Again, by the time we will know it will be too late probably, since I doubt they have the time this time around to redo a zone - especially when the concept is already on such a high level as it currently is.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Is it even MU Draka or AU Draka? Can there be two or more Drakas? Or does each universe have its own Shadowlands? My god.
    MU Draka. Look at the skin color.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it. I prefer that those we meet in Shadowlands have a more organic feel and be true surprises instead of *insert popular dead character here* over and over for fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    MU Draka. Look at the skin color.
    Well, Kael'thas in SL has gray-pale skin color and not pink'ish as we last saw him.

Well, Kael'thas in SL has gray-pale skin color and not pink'ish as we last saw him.
    Technically he was looking on the pale side after his fel infusion in MT :P

I mean, if you actually played TBC, you would know that he obtained Grey skin in Patch 2.4. Also, Revendreth gives people the chance to become a Venthyr or whatever, so maybe Kael'thas was trying to become that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, this is just so, so baffling to me. Draka has fuck-all to do with anything or anyone. Nobody cares about Draka, nobody WANTS to get to know her. She is utterly meaningless and unimportant to the lore.

Trying to make her into some major player in the Lore is just a dumb move.

My personal pick would have been having the Four Horsemen be our "guides" into each of the four new Covenants, as that seems a lot more thematically appropriate. But hey, aside from looking super weird and blue, seeing Uther again could be exciting. A good Maldraxxus counterpoint to that, in my opinion, would've been Alexandros Mograine. He would've had far more to offer the story, and brings a reputation with him all the same.

Or hell, if they really wanted an Orc, why not Orgrim Doomhammer? Hell, his name is practically a perfect fit for a "Necrolord". I could also see Grom Hellscream (which admittedly, I'd be excited for, if only to hear his WoD VA pick the mantle back up).

Draka is just SUCH a weird choice, I can't possibly imagine what they hope to achieve, other than some forced "mother-son moments" with Thrall at some point.

Eh... I dunno. Just seems like a wasted opportunity, and I have zero interest in "learning more about her plight".
    By that logic you can NEVER give any character more screentime than his/hers initial appearance... also considering, hat we still don't really know who will appear.

Do you want a hall of fame? We already get Kaelthas

As others have already said, Orgrim would have been a far better choice than Draka (or just any other dead known Orc, let's be honest), and even more after his very short appearance in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Vanessa VanCleef was amazing right until the rogue class hall where she gave everything up to become a do nothing henchman.
    Wasn't that the fate of anyone who was involved in class halls? Because they help the Saviour of Azeroth(TM). Except for the Cheese guy, who to this day expects me to show my uncrowned coin before he lets me enter my rogue class hall.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Wasn't that the fate of anyone who was involved in class halls? Because they help the Saviour of Azeroth(TM). Except for the Cheese guy, who to this day expects me to show my uncrowned coin before he lets me enter my rogue class hall.
    It was it was just a shame to see a character with actual motive and emotions to just be tossed away.

I never found any of the characters involved in Warcraft very appealing, if looked at like people in a different medium.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I'll wait to see what they do with her before writing her off, but I agree with the sentiment, Draka is not exactly someone people would vote from the pool of old characters.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Draka has never been in any sort of relevant role so no one really cares that "she's back". Durotan would've made much more sense if they want to do something with Thrall.

Let's just meet Jaina's parents, Kael'thas uncle and Varian's cousin