Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post
    Answer to the topic creator, yes.

Even among female orcs there are far better candidates like Zaela who got majorly screwed in MOP, Azuka, and Griselda. We've had enough of Thrall's parents.
    Zaela is actually a damned good pick. I'd still have figured Ogrim Doomhammer would be much more iconic and exciting to meet, but Zaela at least had a unique personality and her own goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Zaela is actually a damned good pick. I'd still have figured Ogrim Doomhammer would be much more iconic and exciting to meet, but Zaela at least had a unique personality and her own goals.
    Would say my opinion is the still the same from months ago. Blackhand preferably the WoD version would of made a lot more sense. Out of most of the games leaders he is one of the few to show and actually understand the importance of logistics rather then simply his own fighting prowess.

Still this is blizzard I don't play their games for the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Would say my opinion is the still the same from months ago. Blackhand preferably the WoD version would of made a lot more sense. Out of most of the games leaders he is one of the few to show and actually understand the importance of logistics rather then simply his own fighting prowess.

Still this is blizzard I don't play their games for the plot.
    Blackhand would be a good pick, too. Especially since he wasn't a clear-cut villain, so they could do some interesting stuff with him. I like it!

I'm honestly bummed about the current state of the game's Lore, though. I genuinely used to really dig the game's world and lore, but it's clear that particularly in BFA, they just "winging it". Doesn't feel like there's any clear, consistent vision for the game, and that's a huge bummer.

Blackhand would be a good pick, too. Especially since he wasn't a clear-cut villain, so they could do some interesting stuff with him. I like it!

I'm honestly bummed about the current state of the game's Lore, though. I genuinely used to really dig the game's world and lore, but it's clear that particularly in BFA, they just "winging it". Doesn't feel like there's any clear, consistent vision for the game, and that's a huge bummer.
    Is that somehow supposed to be a difference to before? If anything, they're "winging it" less now than they were when you "really dug" the game's lore.

So in other words. Things dont go way i want so it must be bad.

I have not seen it mentioned before, so here my guess:

The Arbiter judges according to her own morales or "The Purpose" where the souls have to go. What if Draka had to go to Maldraxxus instead of where her mate went if his soul was allowed to have a form at all and also where her sister, parents and friends went, if there is a standard orc afterlife? The Arbiter's decision seemingly can't be changed, so what if the same warrior spirit which made her sent Draka to this plane now drives Draka to rise in ranks only to one day get the power to reunite with her loved ones? Would give her a big motivation.

There are probably more people who could fill these criterias(warrior spirit, lover he/she wants to be reunited with, dead) but characters like Varian had a lot of screentime already, we didn't know much about their loved ones and hadn't have as much time to rise the ladder ... if the timeline in the Shadowlands isn't too twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    The Arbiter's decision seemingly can't be changed, so what if the same warrior spirit which made her sent Draka to this plane now drives Draka to rise in ranks only to one day get the power to reunite with her loved ones?
    It's explicitly mentioned in Bastion that souls not up to the task of ascending are free to return to Oribos and try a different afterlife.

Shouldn't they write some good female characters first? Everyone they have has been rewritten and been shown to have such dramatic mood swings in order to fit plot wholes they become parodies of themselves... The only exception I can think of is that pally they built up in WoD but im sure they are going to ruin her with their terrible " The light is actually evil" plot
    Hate to spoil it for you buuuuut, they already did. She is now a psycho zealot who kills anyone who doesn’t convert to the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Hate to spoil it for you buuuuut, they already did. She is now a psycho zealot who kills anyone who doesn’t convert to the light.
    Then they went for the most boring cringe inducing story line once again... The whole "aha I was the villain all along" is so over played...

Think im wrong? I want you to count how many antagonists in wow are betrayers,allies driven insane, and/or cursed or corrupted.

Then they went for the most boring cringe inducing story line once again... The whole "aha I was the villain all along" is so over played...

Think im wrong? I want you to count how many antagonists in wow are betrayers,allies driven insane, and/or cursed or corrupted.
    Other then “Curse”, isn’t that how the real world is. Most of your “enemies” would generally be former friends/acquaintances who betrayed you, or got corrupted by other people turning them against you. And sometimes you get people who out no where just start acting weird which would cover the going insane part and possibly “curse” as well.

I kid btw don’t take this seriously. Also Yrel wasn’t evil all along. It seems she got branded by a fanatical Naru. Falls under “corrupted”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Other then “Curse”, isn’t that how the real world is. Most of your “enemies” would generally be former friends/acquaintances who betrayed you, or got corrupted by other people turning them against you. And sometimes you get people who out no where just start acting weird which would cover the going insane part and possibly “curse” as well.

I kid btw don’t take this seriously. Also Yrel wasn’t evil all along. It seems she got branded by a fanatical Naru. Falls under “corrupted”.
    Fanaticism is a pretty real thing, and people getting increasingly fanatic over a 30 year period is hardly unheard of. It's not like this just happened overnight.

The only character I care about seeing in Maldraxxus is Professor Putricide, if he isn't a major power player in the Necrolord covenant Blizzard has truly failed as a corporation through and through. Even down to their customer service reps, they don't get a pass in this.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Shouldn't they write some good female characters first? Everyone they have has been rewritten and been shown to have such dramatic mood swings in order to fit plot wholes they become parodies of themselves... The only exception I can think of is that pally they built up in WoD but im sure they are going to ruin her with their terrible " The light is actually evil" plot
    jaina is technically still a dreadlord on this note

I wish they would stop trying to make Thrall happen.

Do they not realize him being shoved down our throats for multiple expansions in a row has made (most) people sick of him? I want him to stay retired.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I wish they would stop trying to make Thrall happen.

Do they not realize him being shoved down our throats for multiple expansions in a row has made (most) people sick of him? I want him to stay retired.
    That's honestly it; Thrall *WAS* an incredibly cool character. But when you constantly bend the story to *make* him the center of everything, it causes people to dislike him.

Nobody gives a shit about Draka. There are loads more better candidates, or they could've just introduced a new character.

That's honestly it; Thrall *WAS* an incredibly cool character. But when you constantly bend the story to *make* him the center of everything, it causes people to dislike him.

Nobody gives a shit about Draka. There are loads more better candidates, or they could've just introduced a new character.
    They could have still made it about Thrall and made it someone like...I don't know...

Grom Hellscream.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Im which saurfang is the focus of that overriding story?

Thralls is no longer in the limelight as he was in early expasions.
    Why does Thrall have to be the primary focus of the story to write for him in a different expansion? That doesn't really make sense. Should Uther not be part of the Bastion storyline because Arthas hasn't been in the limelight since Wrath?

- - - Updated - - -

You would rather them introduce an entirely new character with no lore than develop an existing character further? That's ridiculous.

What are these shoes that Draka can't fill or be written to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    They could have still made it about Thrall and made it someone like...I don't know...

Grom Hellscream.
    Dude Grom is not in Maldraxxus. He didn't just do his duties and serve in battle, he was at the helm of an operation that engulfed an entire planet in war and genocide. The dude is in Revendreth

i like to see kaelthas, uther and lady vashj

I also just saw in the Maldraxxus preview, it refer to her as:

"famed warrior Draka"

Oh come on. It is pure insanity that Blizzard is hellbent on pushing her as some "big, important character" that she never was. There are *SO* many better, more exciting options they could've chosen. And I really don't think people want Thrall going back to "Green Jesus" status, but it seems pretty clear that's where the story is headed if Draka is the main character of the Maldraxxus campaign.

Like I said, Doomhammer would've probably been the best pick, outside of Alexandros Mograine. We know that Mograine appears in the story, but based on the description, it's clear Blizzard wants this story to revolve around Draka, for some reason.

I mean, I still personally hold that the Four Horsemen should've been leading us into the Shadowlands. It would have been a great opportunity to flesh them out, and unlike Draka, they're actually relevant.

I'd have probably gone:

- Darion Mograine as the "emissary" to Maldraxxus (fitting perfectly with Alexandros also being in that zone)

- Whitemane as emissary to Bastion (she was specifically chosen for the Four Horseman because she was a "zealot", her interactions with Uther could lead to a compelling story)

- Thoridan as emissary to Revendreth (he was King of Stromgarde, he might be more familiar with the politics that seem to run Revendreth)

- Nazgrim as emissary to Archenweald (as an Orc, he likely had a reverence towards Shamanism, which might give him a respect towards the Night Fae. Also, it might give more reason for Horde and Alliance players to both have the same interactions with Tyrande, if even Alliance players are also working alongside an Orc and former patriot of the Horde)

I like Draka as a choice. A little obscure when it comes to 'famous lore characters'.

My issue is more that Durotan isn't around. It's kind of depressing.