Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Draka is a stupid choice to try to make important in Shadowlands

Honestly, this is just so, so baffling to me. Draka has fuck-all to do with anything or anyone. Nobody cares about Draka, nobody WANTS to get to know her. She is utterly meaningless and unimportant to the lore.

Trying to make her into some major player in the Lore is just a dumb move.

My personal pick would have been having the Four Horsemen be our "guides" into each of the four new Covenants, as that seems a lot more thematically appropriate. But hey, aside from looking super weird and blue, seeing Uther again could be exciting. A good Maldraxxus counterpoint to that, in my opinion, would've been Alexandros Mograine. He would've had far more to offer the story, and brings a reputation with him all the same.

Or hell, if they really wanted an Orc, why not Orgrim Doomhammer? Hell, his name is practically a perfect fit for a "Necrolord". I could also see Grom Hellscream (which admittedly, I'd be excited for, if only to hear his WoD VA pick the mantle back up).

Draka is just SUCH a weird choice, I can't possibly imagine what they hope to achieve, other than some forced "mother-son moments" with Thrall at some point.

Eh... I dunno. Just seems like a wasted opportunity, and I have zero interest in "learning more about her plight".

Because Thrall is back, everyone already knows about his father so it's a good time to explore his mother's character as well.

Also because if they didn't use Draka then every prominent lore figure in Shadowlands would be a human or an elf.

I think it would be a really good choice if:

1) Thrall was still a leading character

2) Him meeting his parents wasn't already sort of done in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really get the impression she's gonna be a "major player" outside of maldraxxus

The Four Horsemen are coming aswell, they're just not our guides to that extent, Kel'thuzad/Alexandros/Vashj are part of Maldraxxus stuff aswell it ain't only Draka.

Is it even MU Draka or AU Draka? Can there be two or more Drakas? Or does each universe have its own Shadowlands? My god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Orcs should have their own area in the Shadowlands for the Ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Is it even MU Draka or AU Draka? Can there be two or more Drakas? Or does each universe have its own Shadowlands? My god.
    Shes Green so probably MU draka

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Honestly, that isn't a bad idea. Not that it need be an "Orc area" specifically, but something that speaks to all the more primative races, Tauren and Trolls included. Sort of like "an endless hunting ground", where they can become one with their ancestors. Who knows, maybe the Night Fae will include something like that (it certainly doesn't seem like it will, but I could always be wrong).

Hell, even Teron Gorefiend would make more sense, considering we've seen him multiple times now but never truly explored his roots as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Datamined model is green, so it's the MU one.

Draka died saving her son. I'm sure she could be turned into a good story.

So after the storyof green jesus we get the redemption of green marie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I think it would be a really good choice if:

1) Thrall was still a leading character

2) Him meeting his parents wasn't already sort of done in WoD.
    so did you miss the high level cinematic with him and saurfang then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    this I agree with.

Infact this whole system is pretty stupid because it breaks so many races belief systems of afterlife.

It makes me think of a joke i heard a while ago about what if there is only one afterlife, and all the societies around the world were praying for the wrong one, and then the only difference between an atheist and a believer is they believe in just one less.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    so did you miss the high level cinematic with him and saurfang then?

- - - Updated - - -

this I agree with.

Infact this whole system is pretty stupid because it breaks so many races belief systems of afterlife.

It makes me think of a joke i heard a while ago about what if there is only one afterlife, and all the societies around the world were praying for the wrong one, and then the only difference between an atheist and a believer is they believe in just one less.
    Im which saurfang is the focus of that overriding story?

Thralls is no longer in the limelight as he was in early expasions.

this I agree with.

And that's a problem why exactly? So they all happened to be wrong about it.

Besides, that's already the difference between the two. The only thing that'd change is who's right.

The premise of this thread is rather silly as well. We don't even know yet what her relevance to the story will be.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because Thrall is back, everyone already knows about his father so it's a good time to explore his mother's character as well.

Also because if they didn't use Draka then every prominent lore figure in Shadowlands would be a human or an elf.
    Blackhand would of made a hell of a lot more sense.

wanna see a trick? imagine those who believe in odin end up in christian hell! or christian happen into indian paradise!
    see the problem? NO RACE can prove that their believes are right, undtill they die. and when they die? they happen in place most suited for them as individual (plus it's said that shadowlands have limitless worlds). Sometimes they able to speak from "da other side", but it's rare, and never they describe how it is.

Since nobody else is addressing the elephant in the room, they chose Draka because they couldn't think of another female character to put in. The warcraft cast was overwhelmingly male for a very long time, and the few women who were present a long time ago are either alive or undead. Blizzard values gender diversity, and this is a good opportunity to develop Draka as a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Since nobody else is addressing the elephant in the room, they chose Draka because they couldn't think of another female character to put in. The warcraft cast was overwhelmingly male for a very long time, and the few women who were present a long time ago are either alive or undead. Blizzard values gender diversity, and this is a good opportunity to develop Draka as a character.
    Shouldn't they write some good female characters first? Everyone they have has been rewritten and been shown to have such dramatic mood swings in order to fit plot wholes they become parodies of themselves... The only exception I can think of is that pally they built up in WoD but im sure they are going to ruin her with their terrible " The light is actually evil" plot

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Blackhand would of made a hell of a lot more sense.
    Blackhand was unironically the Horde's best warchief, It's a shame Orgrim killed him because Gul'Dan had Durotan and Draka killed.

I think they should mix two ideas I've seen in this thread where you have a Valhalla style place with Vrykul, Storm Giants and all the martial badass Humans, Dwarves, Frost Giants and shit on one side and then on the other side you have Orcs, Ogres, Gronn, maybe a few of the more warlike Tauren and they just fight huge fuck-off battles until one side wins then they all get resurrected and do it all over again.
    Me not that kind of Orc!