Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    lmao, is this true?
    I mean, it's true that it was a rumor, but I don't know if the rumor was true

I actually don't share the same hatred towards Draka, like some people here. I like her, she is fierce and fearless as she were in life. She was honorable in life, just as much now in death.

I do however wonder, why of all well established lore characters, they went with Draka. But, I dont mind Draka at all.

a bit unrelated and kind of a spoiler, you learn of this pretty early in Maldraxxus, but why the hell did they put Krexus in the loading screen AND made a cinematic model for him, just to kill him off in the middle of the zone? What the fuck was that?

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, she makes the zone feel a bit more 'Horde' since she's an Orc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Doesnt matter how hard you try, but Draka is just not interesting. She is not cool and never will be.. she is doomed from the start just like that horrible Talanji character.

Draka sucks.
    Same, Talanji feels forced af. Especially since she was pretty much made so Rastakhan could finally die. I would've been happy having him follow me around in each zone, Bwonsamdi too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Personally i'd have loved for it to be Cairne Bloodhoof.
    Imagine having a grumpy undead tauren batter enemies to dust out of an unliked sense of duty.

He'd be proper pissed to get separated from his proper place too, and it'd offer many options for talk with Thrall, Baine, learning of Garrosh' fate and more.
    I love the idea of seeing Cairne Bloodhoof again. I just don't think he would've been destined for Maldraxxus; he was far too peaceful and cared more for the Earthmother. He had his moments of badassery, no doubt, but I don't see him as someone who would've *desired* to live an eternity of endless battling for glory. If anything, it's surprising it isn't where Grom Hellscream (or even Garrosh) wound up.

@Soulwind:

I'd heard a similar rumor, and given the animated short, it honestly makes a lot of sense. She's this weird Warrior-Rogue hybrid (who also wears the Necrolords' Mail armor), and it's hard to shake the feeling "they must have intended for Garona, then realized she wasn't dead, so they just made her super generic until they could decide on another character's name to use".

Orgrim and Grom make more sense to me, because you could also touch on who they are and how it might relate to Uther, Sylvanas, and potentially even Arthas (and the slim chance Garrosh might show back up). Draka is disconnected from everything EXCEPT Thrall, which makes her super uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't but it's more me being hung up on the old lore.. she never did anything that would make her fit in well there. If anything nightfae would of made much more sense for her story.
    I would suppose that's more an issue with what they tried to make Maldraxxus into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    a bit unrelated and kind of a spoiler, you learn of this pretty early in Maldraxxus, but why the hell did they put Krexus in the loading screen AND made a cinematic model for him, just to kill him off in the middle of the zone? What the fuck was that?
    Because the identity and fate of the Primus is a mystery plot-point of Shadowlands, and the loading screen needed a marquee and powerful person to stand in for the Primus due to his missing status - Krexus is the most powerful protagonist NPC in Maldraxxus, and so seemingly fit the bill.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Draka wasn't a terrible choice to me. I would have loved to see Baine or Varian. There's a few I'm sure we'll see come up. I haven't gotten far so I don't know who we actually see yet.

Draka's greatest sin is to be uninteresting, especially in comparison with every other character you meet in Maldraxxus. She's just so bland that she leaves no impression on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they had to shove in more strong, independent, empowered female characters somehow.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Draka wasn't a terrible choice to me. I would have loved to see Baine or Varian. There's a few I'm sure we'll see come up. I haven't gotten far so I don't know who we actually see yet.
    Agree, but baine in maldraxxus? Never happen

Maybe varian but he died too early to acomplish so much in a fewer time. Draka is dead since warcraft 2 history
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I love the idea of seeing Cairne Bloodhoof again. I just don't think he would've been destined for Maldraxxus; he was far too peaceful and cared more for the Earthmother. He had his moments of badassery, no doubt, but I don't see him as someone who would've *desired* to live an eternity of endless battling for glory. If anything, it's surprising it isn't where Grom Hellscream (or even Garrosh) wound up.

@Soulwind:

I'd heard a similar rumor, and given the animated short, it honestly makes a lot of sense. She's this weird Warrior-Rogue hybrid (who also wears the Necrolords' Mail armor), and it's hard to shake the feeling "they must have intended for Garona, then realized she wasn't dead, so they just made her super generic until they could decide on another character's name to use".

Orgrim and Grom make more sense to me, because you could also touch on who they are and how it might relate to Uther, Sylvanas, and potentially even Arthas (and the slim chance Garrosh might show back up). Draka is disconnected from everything EXCEPT Thrall, which makes her super uninteresting.
    Grom would be the perfect fit i agree, but i like the reluctance in the character even if i do not like Draka.
    Grom would not question anything in Maldraxcus, Cairne would mostly be pissed he got denied his peaceful afterlive and thus question more.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Well Varian is also on Legion's loading screen, I know that's a bit different though.

Like if there are not hundreds of epic characters in wow... Among orcs. Orgrim? Broxigar? AND especially, Dranosh Saurfang? Man, what Golden and this writers think when they are reinventing wow lore I just don't know. No wonder if Afrasiabi left or will leave... as much as we know him, he is probably loosing his mind with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Baine? He's sadly not dead, and he has no spine and wouldnt go to Maldraxxus to begin with.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

15+ Year Old Account
    She's fine. She may not be your choice but she fits the mould for Maldraxxus. An honourable warrior guide to lead us in a realm of war and combat. There's a few other obvious choices but she is relevant to the lore and someone we haven't seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Completely forgetting he's a trained gladiator who was a certifiable badass BEFORE he even learned how to harness the elements.
    Thrall has literally one feat to his name between Taretha smuggling him out of Durnholde and him learning Shamanism and that was getting captured and escaping from a much smaller internment camp. Where's that certified badassery, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Doesnt matter how hard you try, but Draka is just not interesting. She is not cool and never will be.. she is doomed from the start just like that horrible Talanji character.

Draka sucks.
    While I personally don't mind Talanji (though I'm not a fan either, just ambivalent towards her), I completely agree on Draka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Baine? He's sadly not dead, and he has no spine and wouldnt go to Maldraxxus to begin with.
    Probably meant Cairne. I don't think Maldraxxus would be where Varian ended up. He wasn't dedicated to war and combat. He was just a warrior that lead his people in a time of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Probably meant Cairne. I don't think Maldraxxus would be where Varian ended up. He wasn't dedicated to war and combat. He was just a warrior that lead his people in a time of war.
    Neither was Draka, yet she was thrown into Maldraxxus.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Neither was Draka, yet she was thrown into Maldraxxus.
    She was a frostwolf Orc. They were all dedicated to war at that time of the Horde.