Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Stormwind was temporarily displaced. They were able to fight back and retake their capital so I'm not sure I would consider that a genocide. If we're calling that a genocide then the Alliance is responsible for the genocide of the quel'dorei people when they refused to send aid to Silvermoon when Arthas attacked.
    That's a fucking stretch and a half.

There's a difference between killing people and not helping them because you're in no position to help them... Let's not pretend the Alliance was not already fighting the scourge on it's own fronts... What were they supposed to do, somehow teleport a whole army (that they couldn't spare, because all of their forces were already barely preventing the scourge from flooding south) across enemy lines all the way to Silvermoon? We all know they didn't have the capability to help.

The Alliance has also been fighting to eradicate the Horde on both Kalimdor and the EK. Both the Horde and Alliance are guilty of that.
    The Alliance didn't start the war... The Horde did, obviously the Alliance is going to keep fighting until they are no longer under threat of destruction...

Sylvanas' reasoning for lighting the tree on fire was to break the Alliance's hope.
    She may have said that was the goal at the time, but we all know it wasn't, because we all know her real goal in the war now, and that was to feed souls to the Jailer.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

So stepping away from the parodic undead and orc ones, or the sadly appropriate blood elf one, put in a broader context this is the ultimate form of homogenization as not only do you all have the same motivation of being a generically positive dude but you lose the race-specific intros, indeed, if you don't roll a second character you can't go out and do them because your route is this, then BFA. If you are a cultureless blob without a past or a people, who's only differentiation from everyone else is how you look, then BFA almost holds together, except you'd have to explain to those people why you're led by the bad lady. And what's a Warchief anyway? That doesn't sound like someone who wants to protect everyone.

And just as I was typing this I saw that they'd even cut mentions of Teldrassil and Undercity, sweet jesus this is a trip.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Wait a minute... how do they explain the destruction of Teldrassil and Undercity in this scenario !?
    They don't.

Wait a minute... how do they explain the destruction of Teldrassil and Undercity in this scenario !?
    What is this Teldrassil you speak of?
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    you don't know what a justification is do you? no where in my post do i make any arguments as to why killing the trolls is an ok thing to do. you can try and blame some one totally uninvolved in a murder but tis never gonna stick.
    And yet, in their situation, it was the right thing to do, because it was the only way for them to survive the war...

The humans (and high elves) were fighting a defensive war against an enemy that wanted to wipe them off the face of the planet... What were they supposed to do, fight with kiddie gloves on? It took doing nothing short of exactly what they did to get the trolls to back off.

Before anyone starts with "they were trying to take the troll's land!"

The humans were nomads, they weren't trying to take anyone's land, they had no nations and weren't intent on forming any until they were forced to by the threat of troll attacks, they banded together precisely because of the trolls trying to kill them for simply existing.

The high elves landed on unknown shores and attempted to found a city in a place that, for all they could tell, was uninhabited... They were then attacked by the Amani without warning... No "hey this is our land fuck off you can't stay here", the trolls just jumped straight to attempting to eradicate the elves at first contact.

Under those circumstances, the humans and high elves banding together and fighting tooth and nail with everything they had for survival seems pretty justified.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-04-23 at 06:25 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly they seem way too short for the intro narrations. Secondly, if they are, they take waaaay too much of the grit out of the Horde with those happy-go-lucky descriptions. I get we're supposed to be kind of entering a new age of no Warchiefs and the first bit of democracy in the Horde hierarchy, but still. However, I don't mind the focus on the honor and freedom part, it's what the "nationality" of Hordeship is all about; just like all countries that espouse a stated goal - we dont always live up to that but we aspire to it, so thats pretty cool.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Darkspear didn't let out their savagery , they just chose to not kill everything who isn't a troll, cause it was not the trolls who help then
    The Darkspear actually did give up cannibalism after joining the Horde. They supposedly gave up voodoo stuff too but I guess they retconned that back since they still seem to use it everywhere.

Also cannibalism was probably less of a big deal to them when your race regrows limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    They don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    What is this Teldrassil you speak of?
    Well, I hope they'll change Brennadam then, otherwise it'll really stick out like a sore thumb even more than it already does.

Well, I hope they'll change Brennadam then, otherwise it'll really stick out like a sore thumb even more than it already does.
    The explosives dropped from our high-velocity bomber aircraft protect 1000 living per minute.

Who cares. You've been saving the world for the last 15 years, so it's only appropriate that they're describing you as a hero who protects the living.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    This is false. They specifically sent people to risk their (un)lives gathering severed heads and crud for the singular purpose of researching the plauge to cure the plauge.
    well ya, I didn't say otherwise... but read the very link you linked me: "Putress believed his research on the Scourge contagion held the secret to curing the Plague of Undeath and also would facilitate their fight against the Scourge"

there is no mention of "defending the living" anywhere which is my point here

also rest of my post shows how calling the forsaken "heroic" is dumb, cause they aren't. Even if you consider Putress's actions with the cure as "heroic", which I argue were not, that doesn't mean the forsaken race are "heroic". Also he then did Wrathgate so gg to that eh~

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Forsaken: Fuck the living! Everything must die and be made undead and mopey!

Belves: Treachery is in our blood, we'll betray everyone to suit our needs!

Darkspear: Cannabalism is awesome, eat all the sentient races!

Orcs: Rage and violence is all you know, you exist only to fight and destroy.

Goblins: We'll sell you to Sargeras for a corn chip.

Pandaren: We were a mistake.

Nightborne: Alcoholic holier than though isolationists.

Tauren: Cow supremacists.

There, the new race intros are done as they should be. Now for the Alliance.

Humans: Potential.

High Elves: We will be a playable race! OR ELSE!
    your description of trolls fits humans way more, humans eat just about any other living things, and isnt cannibalism when you eat your own race?

and you clearly dont know about blood elves history, they were victims to the treachery of humans.
    Last edited by Phaine; 2020-04-23 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    Race intro strings from https://www.wowhead.com/news=312240/...le-and-strings

Forsaken: "As one of the undead Forsaken, you have been reanimated by dark magic. Though shunned by the living, you tirelessly strive to protect them."

Belves: Your people, the blood elves, have persevered through tragedy and betrayal. You toil to ensure Azeroth never endures such suffering again.

Darkspear: Renouncing the savagery of the other tribes, you and your fellow Darkspear trolls protect Azeroth with cunning ferocity.

Horde faction text in character creator?: You are a soldier of the mighty Horde, a diverse band of races from across Azeroth who fight for freedom and honor.

Orcs: Though the orcs came to Azeroth as conquerors, your kind has shed the bloodthirsty ways of old and now stand in defense of your new home.

Is Blizz really trying to have players forget what happened throughout the past expansions? Especially when the very core of the Forsaken is making new Forsaken out of the living?

edit: As shown in this post it looks like they are!

Forsaken: though risen by dark means protecting your follow undead and defending the damned and living through working closely with the horde. might be better.
    Belves: Your people, the blood elves, have persevered through tragedy and betrayal. Slow to trust have formed close bonds with the horde giving them your support.
    Darkspear: Renouncing the savagery of the other tribes, you and your fellow Darkspear trolls serve the horde protecting life and freedom to live as you want.
    Orcs: Though the orcs came to Azeroth as conquerors, your kind has shed the bloodthirsty ways while using renewed vigor to fight for your place on azeroth.

Horde faction text in character creator?:As part of the mighty Horde, a diverse band of races from across Azeroth who strive for freedom and honor above all else.

I am not really.. good with words but i think that allows lee-way for past events better than ignoring what happened lol
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be real awkward when you transition into BFA and spend the next 50 levels waging war on the Alliance.

Forsaken in particular. Maybe less "fight for the living" and more "fight for themselves and their living allies."
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-04-23 at 07:11 AM.

Brennadam isn't part of the horde questline and doesnt come under attack when you play as horde.

Old horde is legion if you attach that to new horde you may as well beat your head against a wall.

Humans are part the reason Blood Elves exist, Admiral Proudmoore was for genocide of Orcs, anyone who tells me Blackmoore was a good person should be shot, night elves were up for killing humans but no one cares.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they'll do the same for Alliance.

Looks like Horde is no longer the "I wanna play an Undead Evil mfer SOB!!!" sort of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    So as a new player you read that text, create an UD character. Thinking of yourself as protector of the living. Then go through the nice light hearted new starting zone. Then your get confronted with a war were your racial leader just commited genocide and burned down the home of an civilization...
    I kind of love the absurdity of the Forsaken text for a new player first time leveling experience. "Okay, I'll make a Forsaken and tirelessly protect the liv..." *Racial ability: Cannibalism* "...okay, now I'll go on to protect the liv..." *Blight them all!* "Ahem, okay, now I'll go on to prot..." *tree burns* "Okay, fuck that, let's just kill the living" *Calia appears*

10+ Year Old Account
    Making the Horde do a sudden 180 into freedom fighting good guys that protects all life on Azeroth when just like a half year ago they burned down a world tree and killed tens of thousands of innocents with forsaken turning more into their own all for the reason of conquest [before we knew sylvanas true intentions.]
    That IS what happens when the trash is put out, you know? Sylvanas on the fritz with her thing and Gallywix is on the run with his shit. The rotten apples have been sorted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Wonder if they'll do the same for Alliance.

Looks like Horde is no longer the "I wanna play an Undead Evil mfer SOB!!!" sort of players.
    It never was. I genuinely don't understand how anyone could feel evil while fighting Arthas, Deathwing, or Garrosh to protect Azeroth and the living by extension.

Race intro strings from https://www.wowhead.com/news=312240/...le-and-strings

Forsaken: "As one of the undead Forsaken, you have been reanimated by dark magic. Though shunned by the living, you tirelessly strive to protect them."

Belves: Your people, the blood elves, have persevered through tragedy and betrayal. You toil to ensure Azeroth never endures such suffering again.

Darkspear: Renouncing the savagery of the other tribes, you and your fellow Darkspear trolls protect Azeroth with cunning ferocity.

Horde faction text in character creator?: You are a soldier of the mighty Horde, a diverse band of races from across Azeroth who fight for freedom and honor.

Orcs: Though the orcs came to Azeroth as conquerors, your kind has shed the bloodthirsty ways of old and now stand in defense of your new home.

Is Blizz really trying to have players forget what happened throughout the past expansions? Especially when the very core of the Forsaken is making new Forsaken out of the living?

edit: As shown in this post it looks like they are!

I am sorry but when you start a new character you are starting from their perspective.
    While yes they did some shady stuff an also warcrimes. At THAT point in time, which is before BfA most of it did not happen.
    Also why would i introduce my own race as "you are evil and should feel ashamed for what our people did. For your first quest sit in that corner with a shame hat on!"

I played alliance for years and yes i do think the horde commited worse crimes than the alliance but Teldrassil e.g. was not a decision the whole of the horde decided on together. It rather showed the problem with their leadership style. Which they changed after that.

Nonetheless, for a new player it would not make sense. The introduction shows you the core of a race and in that this is correct. The undead don't want to destroy the living. Otherwise they would be the scourge. Which would have them get killed by... well everyone. Stop seeing races as one entity. Sylvannas is not ALL of the undead, Thrall not all Orcs and Anduin not ALL humans,.