Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    And just as I was typing this I saw that they'd even cut mentions of Teldrassil and Undercity, sweet jesus this is a trip.
    Refresh my memory: After MoP, does the Orc intro go into detail about how Garrosh blew up the Vale and almost destroyed the Horde from the inside? No? Then you should probably invent a time machine to go back in time and stir up internet drama about them whitewashing the Horde.

Reality is, the Orc intro still says Garrosh is Warchief, since those original races apparently haven't had their intros updated since Cata.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    After mop, WoD and bfa as a hordie I'm not only tired of being the bad guy.
    This is actually interesting. It's not uncommon to have found Horde players going 'blizzard doesn't know what to do with Horde other than use the villain bat!" now we're seeing some of that change and now there's a 'wow they're making the Horde good guys! Wtf Blizz?'

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant87 View Post
    Brennadam isn't part of the horde questline and doesnt come under attack when you play as horde.
    This partially annoys me, partially I feel it works. Annoys because it feels like a lazy way of making each side more villainous in the other's eyes by putting in atrocities their own side never sees, but it kind of works as the player characters are kept on the slightly more noble side of things, blind in a way that would easily happen in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Refresh my memory: After MoP, does the Orc intro go into detail about how Garrosh blew up the Vale and almost destroyed the Horde from the inside? No? Then you should probably invent a time machine to go back in time and stir up internet drama about them whitewashing the Horde.
    I don't need to go back to shit on Mists, I was doing it back when we were first doing this rodeo and only the orcs were on the chopping block. The intro, defining the Cataclysm starting experience, doesn't apply to the current content. Ditching the inciting incident of the BFA story in the context of someone going from the intro zone into the BFA story changes it radically. Especially as it extends to the long term resolution of that story which will be a Tyrande sidequest where she learns to let it go in Ardenweald.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Plot Twist: theres a Horde dimension and an Alliance dimension where slightly different things happen but the heroes can be seen in both but can't see both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It never was. I genuinely don't understand how anyone could feel evil while fighting Arthas, Deathwing, or Garrosh to protect Azeroth and the living by extension.
    Oh I don't mean the game made them so, it's what some players had a perception of. Just look at all the players that constantly urge for destroying everything all the time. Those sorts.

I really hope blizzard writers make another pass on these descriptions before release, cause the intent behind them is not entirely wrong (cept for forsaken) but man is it worded terribly :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    Forsaken: though risen by dark means protecting your follow undead and defending the damned and living through working closely with the horde. might be better.
    Belves: Your people, the blood elves, have persevered through tragedy and betrayal. Slow to trust have formed close bonds with the horde giving them your support.
    Darkspear: Renouncing the savagery of the other tribes, you and your fellow Darkspear trolls serve the horde protecting life and freedom to live as you want.
    Orcs: Though the orcs came to Azeroth as conquerors, your kind has shed the bloodthirsty ways while using renewed vigor to fight for your place on azeroth.

Horde faction text in character creator?:As part of the mighty Horde, a diverse band of races from across Azeroth who strive for freedom and honor above all else.

I am not really.. good with words but i think that allows lee-way for past events better than ignoring what happened lol
    nah mate, your descriptions are already miles better than what the "professional" writers have given us

as a side note, this topic also brings up the issue of how blizzard needs to properly sort out the new player experience.

After new players are done with the new starting zone, there needs to be a proper lore event from the race's faction leader telling new players that chromie will have them experience the "history of azeroth through the actions of the faction's champions" to help them gain power and knowledge to fight the threat of the void lords.

then there needs to be another lore event (either with this or post-leveling and before entering new expansion) explaining how the horde has totes changed and that the events of the past that they saw do not reflect the future of the races.

If blizzard wants to take the races in this "hero" direction, then this clear distinction needs to be made that the newly created characters are the "new generation" of the race and the past actions of their race/faction/ex-leaders do not matter anymore.

This needs to be done since blizzard want to homogenize the faction races and make em all about being the "heroes that defend the people of Azeroth" and want to just ignore all past actions/history of the races. This would somewhat help reduce the disconnect some races have between their past and these new descriptions.

but hey, this would all require some effort and creativity from the blizzard writers and Danuser, and we can't have that~
    Last edited by voidox; 2020-04-23 at 07:38 AM.

Got to love all the edgelords freaking out because they can no longer RP as evil genocidal maniacs though lol.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-04-23 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    *reads forsaken intro*
    *laughs in human sapling*
    *does the "right" thing*

You just got protected son.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The explosives dropped from our high-velocity bomber aircraft protect 1000 living per minute.
    "If the Horde kills you, the Old Gods can't!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    And yet, in their situation, it was the right thing to do, because it was the only way for them to survive the war...

The humans (and high elves) were fighting a defensive war against an enemy that wanted to wipe them off the face of the planet... What were they supposed to do, fight with kiddie gloves on? It took doing nothing short of exactly what they did to get the trolls to back off.

Before anyone starts with "they were trying to take the troll's land!"

The humans were nomads, they weren't trying to take anyone's land, they had no nations and weren't intent on forming any until they were forced to by the threat of troll attacks, they banded together precisely because of the trolls trying to kill them for simply existing.

The high elves landed on unknown shores and attempted to found a city in a place that, for all they could tell, was uninhabited... They were then attacked by the Amani without warning... No "hey this is our land fuck off you can't stay here", the trolls just jumped straight to attempting to eradicate the elves at first contact.

Under those circumstances, the humans and high elves banding together and fighting tooth and nail with everything they had for survival seems pretty justified.
    Eh I side with the trolls. When a bunch of monsters show up and start messing with stuff I think you have free reign to wipe them out or drive them off. If they were the same race or even natively born races like the cows I’d say they have a claim but when abunch of aliens show up waving there magic at you I say it’s fair game.

Same reason why I think the orcs should have been wiped out to the orc I don’t put any stock into the natives putting up with alien invaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    By killing you, I protect you from any future hardship.
    you should be thanking me. really. this hurts me more than it hurts you.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Felt like the appropriate term for you after the reply you gave me, now I can add pretentious to it as well.
    Call it what you doesn’t change the fact at all nothing but a lunatic. Use of false assumption and just use a term that was created by small minded people. Clearly you can come up with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Eh I side with the trolls. When a bunch of monsters show up and start messing with stuff I think you have free reign to wipe them out or drive them off. If they were the same race or even natively born races like the cows I’d say they have a claim but when abunch of aliens show up waving there magic at you I say it’s fair game.

Same reason why I think the orcs should have been wiped out to the orc I don’t put any stock into the natives putting up with alien invaders.
    How you gunna know someone is an alien and not somewhere else on the planet? And Humans were born on Azeroth.

Or you know shove em back through the portal.

I can't believe people are getting angsty because someone decided to use the real definition of "whitewashing" and not some meme definition used by 3 people on tumblr and probably a dog somewhere.

The only one that is really offensive out of those lines is the Forsaken one, because though I despise the Blood Elves I can believe they would jump through series of mental gymnastics to make themselves out to be heroic, but forsaken have never made themselves as a people out to be anything but hostile to the living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Most of them sound fine, the only one that's kind of iffy is the forsaken one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That IS what happens when the trash is put out, you know? Sylvanas on the fritz with her thing and Gallywix is on the run with his shit. The rotten apples have been sorted.
    It was neither Sylvanas nor Gallywix who laid fire to the world tree. It was neither of them who murdered the civilians in Kul Tiras.
    They were 2 people that barely did anything. As shown in literally all horde quests in BfA that have some connection to the war, every member of the horde massively enjoys this war and the killings.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    How you gunna know someone is an alien and not somewhere else on the planet? And Humans were born on Azeroth.
    Humans were creations of the titans they aren’t native to Azeroth in any way there just robots who got cursed by some void weridos.

As to knowing they were aliens I find it hard to believe no trolls knew that that the night elfs were mutants And I think the trolls were around before the curse of flesh but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit hazy on that time frame from forgetting stuff.

This is guess work by me but I would think the united troll empire would share info of all the new inhabits and weird things going on.

The forsaken one is hilarious.
    Since vanilla they are over the top evil to the point of comical, yet now they tirelessly strive to protect the living.

Perhaps it is an out of season april fools joke?