Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Darkspear: Cannabalism is awesome, eat all the sentient races!
    Yeah, that's not true man. Darkspear and Zandalari aren't cannibals, not sure about other troll tribes.

"If cannibalism be wrong, I don't want to be right!"
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Guys, you understand that the text on character selection screen is not writen as lore neutral. It is SPECIFICALLY there to portrait the X race in the best light possible.

Complaining about "lore" in those texts, is like complaining about unacurate facts in the uncle Sam posters. It is meant as "propaganda" (in the broad sense) to make the "player" that is choosing that race feel good about his choice.

Also, blizz might not be breaking ground in storytelling, but they atleast have created a world that is not pure Good VS Evil. So yeah, both factions have made some seriously sick stuff.

I for one support alliance, always prefered them as a faction for personal reasons. Yes, i also recognise that as a faction they also fucked shit up, and guess what, there is no moral "scale" to OBJECTIVELY tell which is better or worse in the context of the game. Just choose the faction you want your character to play in, think of a good story for him, and enjoy the game.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Even the WCII high elves were bigger dicks than the current lot.
    Probably because they learned their lesson the hard way from Anasterian's isolationist policies and their ethnocentric arrogance and foolhardy confidence that time that led to their stagnation and eventual demise. That's why the High Elves are human dickriders now and Blood Elves are active in almost every Horde operation now
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I can believe they're attempting to flanderise the forsaken of all the races, I assume this means new players are never supposed to quest in forsaken zones or interact with forsaken npcs.

Also; What is their obsession with making the PC blood elves completely innocent and pretending all the negative stuff (like feeding on fel energy) was entirely Kael's band. Even the WCII high elves were bigger dicks than the current lot.
    Because fel consumption was just Kael's band since BC. What the Blood Elves fed on in Silvermoon was Arcane. That's never been changed.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Probably because they learned their lesson the hard way from Anasterian's isolationist policies and their ethnocentric arrogance
    This seems to be the case for damn near every race of elves in the setting, what is it with elves and just being dicks?
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I've compared the two numerous times in the past. Alliance fans just shrug and either say the Horde deserved it or say it's 100% justified no matter how evil the act is.
    some examples ?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    some examples ?
    I posted it but deleted it as a moderator has asked people in this thread not to derail the thread. So why don't you heed the moderator as well and stop pushing it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    This seems to be the case for damn near every race of elves in the setting, what is it with elves and just being dicks?
    Well they are the prime race that was blessed by Azeroth's Blood (well of eternity) so it's kinda understandable that they still parade themselves as noble above all.

But it's still pretty funny and sad that the High Elves today are like the emasculated soyboys who would gladly puppy themselves to the Humans

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well, it's a welcome sight for the Blood Elves to solidify their activeness in the Horde though
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they are the prime race that was blessed by Azeroth's Blood (well of eternity) so it's kinda understandable that they still parade themselves as noble above all.

But it's still pretty funny and sad that the High Elves today are like the emasculated soyboys who would gladly puppy themselves to the Humans

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well, it's a welcome sight for the Blood Elves to solidify their activeness in the Horde though
    Honestly the High Elves should just abandon the humans and join the Horde. Going home has to be better than living in Dalaran and Stormwind surrounded by humans
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Honestly the High Elves should just abandon the humans and join the Horde. Going home has to be better than living in Dalaran and Stormwind surrounded by humans
    After what Garithos and Arthas did to the quel'dorei, the only reason they stay with the Alliance is because Lor'themar is a jerk that won't let them come home.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Vereesa windrunner and her posy really really love that human potential yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Consider, jist calm down

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    Race intro strings from https://www.wowhead.com/news=312240/...le-and-strings

Forsaken: "As one of the undead Forsaken, you have been reanimated by dark magic. Though shunned by the living, you tirelessly strive to protect them."

Belves: Your people, the blood elves, have persevered through tragedy and betrayal. You toil to ensure Azeroth never endures such suffering again.

Darkspear: Renouncing the savagery of the other tribes, you and your fellow Darkspear trolls protect Azeroth with cunning ferocity.

Horde faction text in character creator?: You are a soldier of the mighty Horde, a diverse band of races from across Azeroth who fight for freedom and honor.

Orcs: Though the orcs came to Azeroth as conquerors, your kind has shed the bloodthirsty ways of old and now stand in defense of your new home.

Is Blizz really trying to have players forget what happened throughout the past expansions? Especially when the very core of the Forsaken is making new Forsaken out of the living?
    No. New story doesnt erase old story. As of 9.0 the horde has cast out its villainous aspects and are a heroic nation now.

Litrrally nothing in what u quoted even remotely suggests the past is erased.

Its talking about how the races are going forward
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Vereesa windrunner and her posy really really love that human potential yo.
    That big potential energy
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is a bit of a joke. Sweep it all under the rug and paint everything with sunshine, all the Horde races are just waiting to be big ole friends with the humans and their servants till War Mode 'accidentally' gets triggered. This honestly feels like it's Golden's writing, stuff from War Crimes and her other material make her seem like someone who would forget the Forsaken are still canonically killing farmers to supply their forces even with Sylvanas out of power.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Obviously used the wrong phrase. But these intros are essentially trying to make us forget or even go as far as retcon everything these races have done and been through in the past
    While you can argue this. One can also point out that the 'new' characters being created aren't the ones that did that. Hell everytime a group actually rises up to disrupt the status quo, they get ejected from the factions and set aside... look at flame druids, twilight cultists, defias, House Prestor....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    When is this forum going to commit ritual suicide? Because this is Blizzard's biggest "fuck you MMOC lore forums" update yet.
    At this point, if anyone is still taking WoW's lore seriously, they should look towards other games
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    It is A meaning of white washing, I'm well aware of what kind of white washing you are thinking about.
    im almost scared to ask him....ahhh f it

That is NOT what whitewashing means in modern times.
    sooooo.......what does whitewashing mean to you?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I mean in fairness the Forsaken have saved the living several times now in some pretty big ways in both the first and second Sourge invasion. Their break away from the Lich King was instrumental to the events that led to his war failing the first time
    yes, stuff with the First invasion happened but that was before forsaken joined the horde, so it's not relevant. Also it was all done for their own survival and to get away from the lich king.

and then in Wrath of the Lich King's prepatch even some of the most evil among the Forsaken, the same royal apothecary society members behind the later Wrathgate event, created and freely gave away a cure to the new plague that had been unleashed to the Horde and the Alliance--I don't think it was even a risk to them, just the living.
    not sure what you're trying to say here

yes they gave a cure sure but the goal of that was not to "defend the living" but to try and find a cure for undeath. The side benefit was that it became useful research to helping stop the second invasion.

but then, as you say, the same person did Wrathgate and created a new plague that "not only killed living creatures but also destroyed the undead"

The wording is still too heroic when they should still be skeptical of the living because they hate undead for looking gross, but you can't deny that the Forsaken are heroic.
    but as a race they aren't heroic, there may have been some heroic members of the forsaken but all races have at least one hero, e.g. the playable character

the forsaken lore has them doing experiments on living, torture, plaguing lands, quests such as the bashing human heads with a shovel, actions against the Gilneans, actions of sylvanus when she was leader of Forsaken and so much more

there is nothing about the forsaken as a race that is "heroic" or "protecting the living" <--- and this is the major issue people have with what Danuser is doing with the intro change

as a side note, if the plague is still a thing for the forsaken going forward and if they haven't given out a cure and helped heal the mmany plagued lands, fcking get lost with the whole "protecting the living" thing.

The Forsaken may be the only race that has ever been solely responsible for preventing every living thing from dying, without the help of any other race, thanks to the second invasion.
    that's quite the statement and very unfair to say. And are you really trying to say that the actions of Putress with the cure = heroic therefore entire forsaken race are now "heroic" and "saved everyone"? -_- where his actions even heroic?

Also it's not a competition such that "without help of others" is a relevant point to make:

The night elves were largely responsible for saving the entire world from the legion invasion, just cause they had help from others doesn't mean it's invalidated.

The draenei were largely responsible for saving the entire freaking universe from the legion even if they got help from others. The humans were largely responsible for saving Azeroth from the horde invasion.. and so on.

and again, the second invasion was a result of the research into curing the "Plague of Undeath".... the intention was never to "save every living thing from dying" and forsaken have SO MANY actions that go against "protecting the living". One moment in time where it was beneficial does not excuse everything else, hell, the forsaken in BFA were still using the plague :/
    Last edited by voidox; 2020-04-23 at 03:33 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    After what Garithos and Arthas did to the quel'dorei, the only reason they stay with the Alliance is because Lor'themar is a jerk that won't let them come home.
    High Elves are still serving the Alliance even after Gartihos attempted to destroy Kael, and the Blood Elves were still willing to work with the Alliance before the Night Elves betrayed them. I'd use other reasons. (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jennalla_Deemspring)

Use this instead: the Sunwell is restored and there's no need to rely on the magic crystals provided by the Kirin Tor so the non-SC High Elves can go back to the Sunwell and reconcile with the Blood Elf kin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    At this point, if anyone is still taking WoW's lore seriously, they should look towards other games
    Give me Warcraft 4 or give me death

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    im almost scared to ask him....ahhh f it

sooooo.......what does whitewashing mean to you?
    Whitewashing in modern times is when you cast a white actor in the role of someone who was supposed to be a POC. An example is if they casted someone like Ryan Gosling for Blade.

- - - Updated - - -

High Elves are still serving the Alliance even after Gartihos attempted to destroy Kael, and the Blood Elves were still willing to work with the Alliance before the Night Elves betrayed them. I'd use other reasons. (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jennalla_Deemspring)

Use this instead: the Sunwell is restored and there's no need to rely on the magic crystals provided by the Kirin Tor so the non-SC High Elves can go back to the Sunwell and reconcile with the Blood Elf kin

- - - Updated - - -

Give me Warcraft 4 or give me death
    I mean...yeah that's also a good reason. There's A LOT of reasons why the quel'dorei should tell the Alliance to fuck off but as I said....Lor'themar won't let them go home.