Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Shadowlands has no connected zones at all?

    no "nether" like in bc to fly through?

  2. #2
    considering you have loading screens for each zones with its own art, i'd say no. But we can't fly yet, so we don't know if we could fly over and simply get a loading screen at the border of each map

  3. #3
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    32,216
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    no "nether" like in bc to fly through?
    Considering that the Nether was really horrible in TBC, I could imagine it just being us flying around in the different zones only - once we have flight there.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    considering you have loading screens for each zones with its own art, i'd say no. But we can't fly yet, so we don't know if we could fly over and simply get a loading screen at the border of each map
    oh ok, that sounds realistic, thank you - i'm not totally against it, but i kind of love this immersive feeling, one gets, through connected zones.

    I would love to see these transition (coming with patches tho (if this is the concept)) or even with 9.0 (if this is possible)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Considering that the Nether was really horrible in TBC, I could imagine it just being us flying around in the different zones only - once we have flight there.
    your personal opinion, i liked the nether very much ☺
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-04-23 at 12:18 PM.

  5. #5
    They all have the same map id, so they're technically all the same zone... you might not be able to travel between them directly, though. Like Quel'thalas and Azuremyth being part of Outland map-wise.

  6. #6
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Stand Proud in the Shadow of Shame
    Posts
    14,658
    Each zone is its own realm, so of course not.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  7. #7
    it kinda makes sense....I mean Hell wouldn't be much of a hell if you could just walk over the border...

  8. #8
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    France
    Posts
    132
    I suspect that they chose to have all zones separate to reduce the workload of level artists. It's much easier to have different people work on separate zones with no need for them to coordinate at the transition areas between them.
    Taliriah - Silvermoon - EU

    Imagine being a company working on a game for more than 15 years and still managing to fuck it up so badly:

  9. #9
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    32,216
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    your personal opinion, i liked the nether very much ☺
    Until you die and your body ends up unavailable, and the graveyard is not what you expect.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Each zone is its own realm, so of course not.
    They could still have had a way to travel from Oribos to all the zones directly with no loading screen; e.g. a shining bridge that grants massive speed boost like with Halls of Valor
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Until you die and your body ends up unavailable, and the graveyard is not what you expect.
    xDDDD 10char

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    oh ok, that sounds realistic, thank you - i'm not totally against it, but i kind of love this immersive feeling, one gets, through connected zones.

    I would love to see these transition (coming with patches tho (if this is the concept)) or even with 9.0 (if this is possible)

    - - - Updated - - -



    your personal opinion, i liked the nether very much ☺
    As far as I can tell, each zone has an Oribos gate that connects the zones, or at least Oribos, to eachother through, probably, a loading screen. That being said, the zones themselves are rather large, and I believe each have subzones to still kind of get that different area vibes.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Tincjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    455
    I kinda hope the transition between the realms wouldn't be just a plain loading screen but the wait we have gotten with eye of N'zoth covering our screen.

    It could be neat.

  14. #14
    Hopefully this lowers loading screen time. I'm pretty annoyed on each trip to the chamber of heart, because you have to travel through 2 portals, meaning two loading screens, just to be 2 minutes inside the chamber.

    But else this could be positive. About 25% the Map of BfA are just mountains between zones, which just increase flying times. Having instant travel via Portal eliminates those downtimes.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    no "nether" like in bc to fly through?
    not really surprising. the lore is each destination is it's own unique area where the soul resides for the rest of eternity. it wouldn't make too much sense if they were connected because souls could then travel between realms that they shouldn't.

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    2,466
    No portals, no flying, it's a one big ocean with islands. Gotta swim! But worry not, SL Pathfinder Rank I will grant you 20% swimming speed!
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    your personal opinion, i liked the nether very much ☺
    It's not entirely opinion, though -- the nether parts of the world had a nasty habit of killing players that were flying through them.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

  18. #18
    Loading, please wait...

  19. #19
    This is a problem I had with BFA. When you're doing the war campaign, count how frequently you end up going through a portal. You have dozens and dozens of portal trips, and it's really dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I don't really hate bfa, outside of the extreme rng and crap systems and garbage gameplay

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Hopefully this lowers loading screen time. I'm pretty annoyed on each trip to the chamber of heart, because you have to travel through 2 portals, meaning two loading screens, just to be 2 minutes inside the chamber.

    But else this could be positive. About 25% the Map of BfA are just mountains between zones, which just increase flying times. Having instant travel via Portal eliminates those downtimes.
    you realize you can change essences in any rest area

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •