Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

Shadowlands has no connected zones at all?

no "nether" like in bc to fly through?

considering you have loading screens for each zones with its own art, i'd say no. But we can't fly yet, so we don't know if we could fly over and simply get a loading screen at the border of each map

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Considering that the Nether was really horrible in TBC, I could imagine it just being us flying around in the different zones only - once we have flight there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    considering you have loading screens for each zones with its own art, i'd say no. But we can't fly yet, so we don't know if we could fly over and simply get a loading screen at the border of each map
    oh ok, that sounds realistic, thank you - i'm not totally against it, but i kind of love this immersive feeling, one gets, through connected zones.

I would love to see these transition (coming with patches tho (if this is the concept)) or even with 9.0 (if this is possible)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Considering that the Nether was really horrible in TBC, I could imagine it just being us flying around in the different zones only - once we have flight there.
    your personal opinion, i liked the nether very much ☺
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-04-23 at 12:18 PM.

They all have the same map id, so they're technically all the same zone... you might not be able to travel between them directly, though. Like Quel'thalas and Azuremyth being part of Outland map-wise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Each zone is its own realm, so of course not.

Formerly known as Arafal

it kinda makes sense....I mean Hell wouldn't be much of a hell if you could just walk over the border...

I suspect that they chose to have all zones separate to reduce the workload of level artists. It's much easier to have different people work on separate zones with no need for them to coordinate at the transition areas between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until you die and your body ends up unavailable, and the graveyard is not what you expect.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Until you die and your body ends up unavailable, and the graveyard is not what you expect.
    xDDDD 10char

oh ok, that sounds realistic, thank you - i'm not totally against it, but i kind of love this immersive feeling, one gets, through connected zones.

I would love to see these transition (coming with patches tho (if this is the concept)) or even with 9.0 (if this is possible)

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I can tell, each zone has an Oribos gate that connects the zones, or at least Oribos, to eachother through, probably, a loading screen. That being said, the zones themselves are rather large, and I believe each have subzones to still kind of get that different area vibes.

Hopefully this lowers loading screen time. I'm pretty annoyed on each trip to the chamber of heart, because you have to travel through 2 portals, meaning two loading screens, just to be 2 minutes inside the chamber.

But else this could be positive. About 25% the Map of BfA are just mountains between zones, which just increase flying times. Having instant travel via Portal eliminates those downtimes.

not really surprising. the lore is each destination is it's own unique area where the soul resides for the rest of eternity. it wouldn't make too much sense if they were connected because souls could then travel between realms that they shouldn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    No portals, no flying, it's a one big ocean with islands. Gotta swim! But worry not, SL Pathfinder Rank I will grant you 20% swimming speed!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It's not entirely opinion, though -- the nether parts of the world had a nasty habit of killing players that were flying through them.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Hopefully this lowers loading screen time. I'm pretty annoyed on each trip to the chamber of heart, because you have to travel through 2 portals, meaning two loading screens, just to be 2 minutes inside the chamber.

But else this could be positive. About 25% the Map of BfA are just mountains between zones, which just increase flying times. Having instant travel via Portal eliminates those downtimes.
    you realize you can change essences in any rest area

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    you realize you can change essences in any rest area
    You can't enter Visions or learn new essences elsewhere, though.

Bad news, big time.

They tried this shit in cata and it didn't work.

Maybe we'll get to equip our mounts with goblin rocket boosters and when you approach the edge of the zone, they'll kick us into ludicrous speed to get to the next one.