Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Not gonna read a thread which starts with ,, Diablo 3 is a terrible gameˋˋ

However as me and my friends enjoyed it for far over 2k hours each and only paid between 40-70 bucks. I would say it was a good game for the price
    Agree with this.

I wouldn't say it was the 'best' game. It definitely wasn't terrible. It was enjoyable for a time, and I had a good time playing with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Not gonna read a thread which starts with ,, Diablo 3 is a terrible gameˋˋ

However as me and my friends enjoyed it for far over 2k hours each and only paid between 40-70 bucks. I would say it was a good game for the price
    I really wish more people would reach this level of understanding. A good game is one that has entertained you in a way that was worth the investment of time and money put into it. People who sunk hundreds of hours and more into this game while only paying 40-70 bucks clearly got their monies worth and then some. If someone truly hates the game but they sank hundreds of hours into that game. The game isn't the problem. The person is an idiot.

D3 was a great game, but it had problems on launch. Haven't played any ARPG that had a combat as crisp and satisfying. Not POE, not Grim Dawn, nor anything else.

Yes, D3 is a great game that entertained me for hundreds of hours.

I am glad that you liked it, my thoughts where lost inside this huge wall of text though but i wanted to write my them down

Maybe Diablo was not and is not for me, i am not the target audience.

Cheers

I highly enjoyed D3, and I felt I got my money's worth from it most definitely.

It's not as good as Diablo 2, and I still play Diablo 2 to this day because nostalgia brings me back and I'm never disappointed in revisiting that classic.

The thing about Diablo 3 is that you have to treat it as its own game, and not what you think the game is or should be. That you are crushing things on highest torment level, that you're getting easy drops that make you super OP, that you're grinding the same content over and over again... That's how Diablo 3 plays.

That's why I take huge breaks with D3, and I create a new character in seasons to see how far I can get through power leveling and season journey. Then I stop playing after I feel I've accomplished enough. There's really no end-game to speak of for D3 other than the amount of effort you want to put in it, so don't go looking at this as a means to an end. Just enjoy the journey. Or don't, and play something else.

It was fun for a while , would like it much more if there was offline option for playing solo. a random dc while doing Greater rift cause way too much problem specially with Diablo barely functioning servers .

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy D3 from time to time, but I don't play it very often.

Got really hooked on the story when I got it though, since it was my first game after WoW, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Was Diablo 3 a great game? Yes, infact it was one of the best on the market when the expansion hit. Diablo 3 has what a lot of the ARPG don't have, simplicity.

I can go in, go for a few pieces for a set and go to town and smash shit
    In games like POE i have to look up current meta build, how generous they are for starters and the cost to be even semi competitive, then i gotta check level paths, what level certain gems need to be to proc other gems etc.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were a ranged class sure or went the 100 hp mage build for infinite sustain. It was not really fun getting one shotted in act 2 by bees as a melee because the level difficulty from Act 1 > 2 was so grotesquely increased. As a barb you HAD to spend money on the AH to get viable pieces just to get PAST act 2
    That is true, cant deny it :P I was ofc a wizard and abused force armor. Still I like it...But Diablo 3 launched with sooooooooooooooooooo many issues and bugs, and no proper content updates so I never did play it much as I hoped. ROS also didnt keep me going for long.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    What D3 does well, is that it is super casual friendly, unless you want to push ladder. You jump in, get your gear and you're good to go. Tired of that specific playstyle? Level up an alt in no time, get the gear and try it out. Or simply change all spells on your main, with no cost.

I love PoE, but it's a timesink. A huge one. Not everyone have the time to commit to such an ARPG.
    yep,i agree,in that regards d3 is pretty fun,as a quick easy drop in drop out,but it rly started with d3,i much more prefer in depth oldshcool take your time to build a character ones like grim dawn

yep, it's alright as it currently is. I go back to it and like to blow things up all the time. Doesn't have to be a new season, I just like a really chill game to cause explosions without a huge time investment.

Loved the story, loved the classes (Wizard being my favourite), loved the characters, and loved the atmosphere. Great game and I have a lot of good memories from it.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

7+ Year Old Account
    D3 is one of the best games made in the last decade. It started out totally horrible, but has since then been getting better and better a thousand times, making the current game a gem, that never gets uninstalled from my PC.

Each new season is good, each class have several good and different builds, that can keep you going for weeks and weeks each. It has excellent game design and play design, making breakthroughs in the popular gaming industry.

I agree though, that it sometimes has too much of an effect on WoW, but it also have a very good effect sometimes. Like, Rifts are brilliant, Paragon points are brilliant and the legendary item effects are the best in the genre. WoW does not take damage from taking some inspiration from D3, but i think they sometimes go a bit too far.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was rough at launch, but I still liked it at the time. Later, as the developers continued to update the game, it became a much better experience. I easily put hundreds if not 1000+ hours into it over the years. It was my go-to distraction when I wanted to just run through fields of enemies and loot or when I wanted to game, but couldn't really focus on much with a story (medications causing focusing issues). Especially after RoS. I'm currently going back and playing through Torchlight II again, but I'm looking forward to Diablo 4.

Played through it once as a single-player, liked it well enough for what it is.

Launch til loot 2.0 it wasn't good. It was too weighted towards a crazy grind and was obviously incentivizing you to hitting the AH.

But I feel they missed the sweet spot and went the other way with it - Seasonal content that you exhaust within 3 days. As with everything, they underestimate their gameplay loop and think that their systems are what keep the players engaged.

D4 needs to land somewhere in the middle to really make a mark, because PoE really hit a lot of the notes that Diablo 2 hit (and 3 missed), while still leaving them a nice little spot to land since PoE is a little too bloated and hardcore for most.

After the... 10th(?) time killing Diablo, I don't know what people find fun about the game. I get it, the gear treadmill is what's supposed to keep you interested but unless you are in the minority that tries to clear things faster and faster each time you get an upgrade... I just don't get it.

Now, if they pushed out content, so the end goal wasn't to kill Diablo for the 11th time, I could see it a bit more but the way it stands? No way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Played through it once as a single-player, liked it well enough for what it is.
    Pretty much this.

D2 had more charm since you could create games and people would join it for specific activities in the world (i.e. tomb runs, baal runs, cow runs, arreat runs, etc..)

The post failed to make sound arguments regarding D3 being a game that ruined Blizzard.

I got it for "free" when I subbed for a year. Never played any games in the franchise prior. It was fun, had great visuals, good aesthetics and a pretty novel story. It took a bit getting used to in terms of control, but once you do - it's pretty fun.

My friends who played prior Diablo games said the value of the franchise is the replayability. I agree.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

D3 1.0 was HORRIBLE. Unpleasant to play, everything was bent towards the real money AH that Blizz took a cut of.

By 1.4 they'd removed the shyster AH and it became playable. I love the seasons and have beaten all of them.

Sorry pal, but the fact that Diablo 3 is one of the most sold games EVER, topping over 45 million copies sold pretty much invalidates anything else you've said. You can not like the game, thats fine. But that is strictly your opinion, and not a fact. The fact is, it was a very popular game that was well made, and they listened to feedback enough to make it better as time goes on.

No game, no matter how bad, would ever sell 45 million copies if it sucked. Never. Ever. Ever.

The GR's and seasons are amazing, and I play almost every other one. I reach for top 10 on the ladder(self brag, hit rank 5 on wizard when I quit season 20), then wait until the next season I feel like playing. No need to invest anymore time, or any money. It's always there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    D3 1.0 was HORRIBLE. Unpleasant to play, everything was bent towards the real money AH that Blizz took a cut of.

By 1.4 they'd removed the shyster AH and it became playable. I love the seasons and have beaten all of them.
    I really loved the AH, but understand why folks hated it. I made a ton of money selling nice legos and rares.