Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played it until I killed Diablo on Inferno. Got kind of bored having to replay the game through each difficulty, but it was fun overall. I never farmed beyond that or played the expansion. I got the game for free as part of that MoP deal. That 9 min trailer for D4 made me want to play that as well.

d3 had some good parts, some really good gameplay mechanics, but also some poor endgame plans.

My problem with d3 is the same as most blizzard products as of late, it seems aimed at a casual audience and offers very little and very repetitive endgame content.

Overall it was a very enjoyable for a short time.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Enjoyed it quite a lot while the game felt interesting. Haven't touched it in probably over a year now. But that's how it is for most games, isn't it?

3+ Year Old Account
    with RoS it's a nearly completely different game from vanilla D3, one I like a lot and plan on playing until D4 comes to consoles.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't play it all the time but join a season from time to time. 7/10 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't hate it but Blizzard phoned it in an tried to pull off a cash grab. It's a mediocre entry in the genre that lived off its name while more interesting ARPGs struggled.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It was OK.

Gameplay was half decent.

Story/graphics/animations sucked

10+ Year Old Account
    I still like it. I play every season for the journey. Granted it's only a few days. Gameplay D3 is miles ahead of any other ARPG on the market; past and present. Unfortunately, endgame is lacking and the game lacks depth in general but it's a fun game for what it is. Besides after more than 3000 hours one is likely to get bored of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I have nothing to hold on to when it comes to D3. Maybe because it's not an MMO. Although I'm not sure if I even play an MMO version of Diablo 3, the gore and the darkness is just too much. I need more positive influences.
    Oof. You might wanna try Torchlight, as it's a lighter and simpler version of D3 basically - in the ARPG genre you're very unlikely to find anything else that's lighter than D3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It was OK.

Gameplay was half decent.

Story/graphics/animations sucked
    Haha yep, except it's still probably the best looking ARPG despite being 8 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean outside the poor endgame, my biggest issue with D3, bigger than the story, is that it's just not dark enough. The music as well, it fails to create the level of suspense we got in D2. There is nothing at the level of Arcane Sanctum.
    I agree about the atmosphere being the biggest thing, and I'd say story is a part of that - having these mighty demons that talk to you like both of you are 10 years old slinging playground insults at eachother still would've ripped the atmosphere right out of the game even if the music and areas were creepier.

I hope they've learned from that with D4. Less shounen anime and more classic Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved it, zero issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'm really sad that D3 only got 1 expansion and some parts from the second one in patches - just imagine how awesome it would have been today if it got even half of the post launch support that PoE had. It's already a good game, but if it got a couple more RoS style expansions... call me nuts, but I could totally see D3 becoming the absolute best aRPG out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well the gameplay videos so far are promising. I also like that the quests we've seen seem a bit more gritty and less "epic". So we are more "adventurers in a dark and hopeless world" than "messianic heroes saving the world from monolithic evil"
    Yep, story/atmosphere-wise D4 -seems- to be a big improvement over D3, but we've still only seen very early parts of it. I'm still worried we'll get Lilith talking heads WoW world quest style mocking us for our weakness 5 minutes before she dies.

I enjoyed playing through the campaign once, but I saw no reason to stay around. I don't find repetetiveness to be any fun.

It's the best Diablo game, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm still worried we'll get Lilith talking heads WoW world quest style mocking us for our weakness 5 minutes before she dies.
    Well, they hired a Polish dude who worked on Witcher 3 - hopefully he has enough of a pull to prevent such dumb stuff.

Also... damn - I still remember Diablo in D3... The whole fun of fighting him in previous games was that you heard so much about him, you entered some hellish place and there he was, ready to rape your butthole. It was awesome. D3, though? By the time I got to Diablo, I was already so annoyed by the talking heads that I just wanted to shut him up. It totally ruined it for me. Not to mention brilliant story points like Belial being the worst liar ever or Asmodan being a classic cringe-cartoon villain. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Well, they hired a Polish dude who worked on Witcher 3 - hopefully he has enough of a pull to prevent such dumb stuff.

Also... damn - I still remember Diablo in D3... The whole fun of fighting him in previous games was that you heard so much about him, you entered some hellish place and there he was, ready to rape your butthole. It was awesome. D3, though? By the time I got to Diablo, I was already so annoyed by the talking heads that I just wanted to shut him up. It totally ruined it for me. Not to mention brilliant story points like Belial being the worst liar ever or Asmodan being a classic cringe-cartoon villain. Ugh.
    Yep, D3 story was made for children - they didn't want the story beats to be missable so they made every character incredibly stupid. Diablo and Azmodan both talked WAY too much, even if you don't consider how pathetically weak everything they said made them sound.

I'm not confident at all D4 won't have that, considering how reluctant Blizzard was to make the gear not excessively simple (even simpler than D3!) initially.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought it + expansion last year, so as far as these comments go, I experienced its best iteration.

Pretty solid game. I liked collecting loot and annihilating enemies. My paladin felt like a damn tank even while questing.
    I enjoyed it enough to get the platinum trophy (killed Zoltun Kulle about 400 times lol), but the postgame stuff bored me instantly. Kill the same bosses to get better gear to kill the same bosses to get better gear to kill the same bosses to get better gear. If I wanted to be alienated from having fun, I would have kept playing Monster Hunter World.

I also didn't care much about the very predictable story and Diablo sounded like someone that just hit puberty. Also the extremely cheesy dialogue didn't help.

I grew up with the very first Diablo, and to me, Diablo 3 was not Diablo, but it was still a very good experience to have and I had my money's worth of fun.

Vanilla D3 was okayish to finish the campaign.
    A few first seasons of greater rifts were fun but the game did not evovle since then so me and my boys quit.

Waiting for D2 remaster... please be good... please be good...

d3=play for nothing,alllegendarys for trash...let me think,no i dont like d3.

and,we knoewblizzard,d4 will be same shit that d3.
    dont buy it.friend advice.
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-07-31 at 10:35 AM.