Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Once they removed the RMAH it became super fun.
    no.play for nothing is not fun.with AH was better,i played just for fun,not for try find gear losing all time...like now.so,vanilla d3was better,actually d3 is a kill-witout end for nothing-alllegendarys trash lol.

ah i forgot,be high paragon-nolife or u are a noob-kicked....bots etc...no,actually d3 is shit,poor new players
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-08-01 at 06:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Overall, I enjoyed the game. RoS I think was the best part. But maaan. So many little plots left hanging. Also, wish the original plan for the male barbarian to be the same one from D2 would've been cool.
    Yeah I pretty much agree with this entire point. I don't play it (or any Blizzard games) anymore (they are one of my permanently boycotted companies since late 2018), but I still enjoyed D3 overall. It did get a LOT better with the expansion but there should've been more.

i got bored very fast .... Not sure if it's the game itself or that i had fond memories of diablo 2 in a time where video games had not much better to offer.

I didn’t like launch D3 once the initial “ooh, shiny!” faded.

Current D3 is actually quite fun, but the brand damage is very real.
    It’s definitely my favourite Diablo and, from what I’ve seen of D4 so far, will probably remain so.

Sort of yes?

I liked Classic D3 but it got boring real quick with RMAH.
    I loved Reaper of Souls and everything that it brought.

The idea of "seasons" is really nice however I've only played season 3-5-7 I just can't make myself run the game for every season it becomes super repetitive for me If I don't change classes or take breaks from seasons.

For a game that is a one time buy tbh I can say that I've got my moneys worth.
    Edit Signature.

Well yanno it was like yanno a game with neatness i don’t member

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It got old... incredibly fast. The voice overs were mostly stupid. "HOW DOES THAT FEEL?!" Shut up, Wizard.

The storyline has some of the most painful periods I've ever experienced in a video game - period.

Act 2? Barf. That was so painful. Meanwhile... Path of Exile has no acts that bore me. Not one. I was bored of D3's Act 2 on the FIRST RUN THROUGH. It was that dull and uninteresting. I've played in most of Path of Exile's leagues and I /still/ enjoy the story/all of the acts. It's honestly a shame D3 is overall so dull, so many samey levels in each act with little to differentiate them, this type of 'world' with demons and angels and nephilim is one of my favorite types and SHOULD be one of if not my favorite video game.

But nah, Blizzard dropped the ball on it. Hard.

Let's not even get started on mechanics, gearing, and crafting. Worthless.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    Start a new season, and within HOURS you're quite literally handed a full 6 piece set, and mats to craft the supporting uniques. What are you even playing for?
    The entire endgame of Diablo 3 is a 15 minute timed run of completely random monsters on random tilesets. Want to play a build you're thinking might be cool and niche? Well you can, but you can't complete the end game rifts, and can't upgrade your legendary gems.
    But that's okay, you can gain INFINITE FRIKKING POWER by just grinding those rifts for +5 main stat, over and over and over. Want to compete on the leader boards but you took 2 days off since launch of the season? Whelp too bad, everyone is running a bot that grinds paragon, and you're so far behind you can never compete now.
    You're not looking for rare, awesome items. You're looking for the items you're ALREADY USING, but with a red border around them.
    Want to try a hipster setup? Too bad, you play with the items we tell you to, and the skills we tell you to.

D3 has an actual worse endgame then D2 did. D3 has a worse itemization then D2 did, and a worse amount of customization of skills / items.

D3 at very launch? Hell, I would have said 9/10. Less then two years in? 5/10. It's been 8 years, and 1 expansion in? 3/10. Play POE instead.
    Very accurate post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    I don't actually have hard numbers, but if I had to give a conservative guess, I probably put close to 4 thousand hours into D3, since closed beta.

Closed beta to launch, was more stoked then I had ever been about a game. Played it every chance I could after launch, (After exhausting everything I could do in the closed beta).

By max level, the cracks started to show. Itemization was nowhere to be found, and neither was anything close to an end game. End game consisted of running act 3 azmo chest runs. "legendary" items (why not continue to call them uniques, when they have a unique name, art, and stat set is beyond me?) were not balanced at all. Even if they were found at their exact minimum usage level, they were useless. Quite literally any rare item would replace it immediately. Set items were hot garbage. Without looking it up, I remember Tal Rasha's FULL 6 piece set was something like, 3% fire damage.

Yet I still played, aware of these problems but unaware better games existed. I wasted SO much time checking the official site and Diablofans, hoping for a single breadcrumb from the developers on how they planned on fixing problems / adding to the game. Needless to say I was conditioned from years and years of Blizzard games to expect them to be completely silent and never interact with their players. Everything at this time was glowing white hot with obvious signs of core problems at the center of the pillars of ARPGS.

RoS launched, and the loot 2.0 with it. I was ecstatic; finally uniques would be useful! Little did I know this entire revamp really meant the homogenization of quite literally the core of all hack and slash rgps; the loot. Now you HAVE to wear a full 6p set, and you HAVE to use the skills that set tells you to. You HAVE to wear an item that has your main stat on it. You want customization? Well any item slot that isn't for your set, or the supporting uniques you get to have a choice in! Any leftover skill slots that your set doesn't tell you to use, you get to choose! Endgame was now rifts, which weren't bad but needed tweaking, and greater rifts. Oh jesus, the greater rifts.

Want a surefire way to destroy any last player agency in what skills / items to use? Make the endgame (and the ONLY endgame) timed, and with it leader boards. Remember the math on the amount of setups players could pick? Something like in the billions? Yea sorry we really meant ONE setup per class.

Long story somewhat short; it was fun at launch, because I didn't know better. And most of that fun was 'wow I hope this gets better!'. Then it finally all came to a head;

Start a new season, and within HOURS you're quite literally handed a full 6 piece set, and mats to craft the supporting uniques. What are you even playing for?
    The entire endgame of Diablo 3 is a 15 minute timed run of completely random monsters on random tilesets. Want to play a build you're thinking might be cool and niche? Well you can, but you can't complete the end game rifts, and can't upgrade your legendary gems.
    But that's okay, you can gain INFINITE FRIKKING POWER by just grinding those rifts for +5 main stat, over and over and over. Want to compete on the leader boards but you took 2 days off since launch of the season? Whelp too bad, everyone is running a bot that grinds paragon, and you're so far behind you can never compete now.
    You're not looking for rare, awesome items. You're looking for the items you're ALREADY USING, but with a red border around them.
    Want to try a hipster setup? Too bad, you play with the items we tell you to, and the skills we tell you to.

D3 has an actual worse endgame then D2 did. D3 has a worse itemization then D2 did, and a worse amount of customization of skills / items.

D3 at very launch? Hell, I would have said 9/10. Less then two years in? 5/10. It's been 8 years, and 1 expansion in? 3/10. Play POE instead.
    God damn.

I want to print this and frame it.
    "A flower.

3+ Year Old Account
    for a short time yes, then hell no

the game launched in a completely broken state, you never got any loot and if you wanted any progression you had to spend real money on it on the RMAH

then it got better with the expansion, when they removed all the broken shit and fixed the game, but the game is still a boring soulless grind anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it pre Reaper of Souls. It was fun being hard even if it was a bit punishing. The AH sucked but I still enjoyed the overall package. I LOVED Reaper of Souls when it first came out because it solved a lot of the issues with the base game. Not perfect but still really good. Honestly I kinda hate that we never got the second expansion because I would have loved to see where that story went.

I hope at least some of it is carried over into D4 from a story perspective. Because I kinda hate how there seems to be a 20+ year gap between each game now. I loved how closely tied D1 and 2 were.

people tell me its good now, but i'm not spending money on reaper of souls to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked D3, sue me.

It’s a good but not great game. Kinda inferior to its predecessor imho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I liked D3, sue me.
    You'll be hearing from my people!
    "A flower.

I enjoy it. I play almost every season. The game has come a long way since its release.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never been asked straight up about it.

No, I don't think I liked it TBH.
    Here is something to believe in!

No, but I don't hate it either. RoS fixed enough to make it worth an occasional playthrough when you've absolutely nothing better to do, like playing literally any other ARPG.

D3 when it came out? No. D3 by the time they made the changes going in to RoS? Yes.

It was fun for a while, enjoyed grim dawn alot more though.

D4 looks very sweet so far so hoping that will be the next big arpg.
    Do you hear the voices too?