Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    That would actually inflated the gold situation even more because that would mean the lowest possible drop from mobs would be gold instead of copper. Especially at lower levels mobs still drop copper instead of silver. Sell prices of items would also be higher since its just different name but there wouldn't be values for silver or copper anymore. It would all be gold. If you would do this change but not change the gold cap then this change would be absolutely pointless. People would get more gold from selling items or mob drops and they could hoard even more gold. The gold would just change just like it did between 2004 and today. So the change would be absolutely pointless.
    Fair point. So how about 100 for 1? Today’s silver is tomorrow’s copper?
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I don't really hate bfa, outside of the extreme rng and crap systems and garbage gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah but in WoD - the gold was sent you by the 100k without doing any work, Legion as I said you had to actually do a little bit of work.
    No you didn't have to do any work in legion, you just had a trait in order hall that instantly did one world quest a day and that was able to sustain at least 2 characters.
    In legion I made 2.3M gold per month not leaving order hall at all.

And about topic.
    1000 is too much, but divider by 10 or 100 would did the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Ah, but to run an order hall in Legion you had to go out and do dailies and such to get currency to fund the missions. Thus you had to actually do work.
    Nope, order halls had trait to instantly finish one world quest a day. I had all classes, not all classes had that trait and I still did not have to move a single alt out of order hall to keep gold flowing. Best wq was 10 blood of sergaras, insta finish trait = tons of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Where are you even pulling those numbers from?

1000g worth of vendoring items would be worth 1g after.
    What you seem incapable of understanding through reading your posts is that there is a hard floor to value. You cannot go below 1c in value.

Let's use the real world as an example, shall we?

You want to make $1,000.00 be $1.00.

The problem is with items that currently cost $1.00.

Because you cannot operate in fractions of a penny, if you go to McDonald's and want a drink, currently, you would $1.00 plus tax for the drink. After your conversion suggestion, that $1.00 drink would have a value of $0.001. 1/10th of a penny.

That means you have 2 choices:

Either it is free and no one pays for it which means the company makes no money which means it is no longer available.

OR

You charge the minimum amount of $0.01, 1 penny. Which have effectively turned that $1.00 drink into a $10.00 drink.

The reason this is an issue is because when you earn money at your job, you would earn 1/1000th of what you currently make. So that means if you earn less than $10.00/hour currently, you are making $0.01/hour under the new system. This would be effectively the same as saying you currently earn $1.00 an hour, because the purchasing power is the same.

Now, imagine if you will, tasks where you would earn only, say, $0.10 for something. This now means you either earn zero or you earn 100 times that for the same task. This is the equivalent of leveling a low level character.

The reason why this is an issue is because of the bots. Comments have been made that, "Well things will still cost a lot!". Except those people fail to acknowledge that abundance of those items. Peacebloom is ridiculously plentiful in low level zones. With no threat from mobs or the ability to easily kill large packs in a single GCD, you have a situation where it is far more time effective to simply grind out via farming herbs or low level mobs the 5000g for the Brutosaur than it is currently. Sure, a level 3 Kobold might only give 3c, but that level 3 Kobold will explode from a max level looking at it. And you can gather large packs quickly. And with the conversion, it would be the equivalent of a level 3 Kobold currently dropping 3g.

Tell me: if a level 3 Kobold currently dropped 3g, instead of 3c, do you think farming up 5,000,000g for the Brutosaur would be that difficult? The answer is no, it wouldn't be. Because if that were the case, literally everyone on every character would be gold capped by the time they hit max level. And understand that what you are suggesting means current max level single time quests that give 23g and some change would give 23c. Yippee. Worth the time?

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I would disagree with this. To advance isn't just to change stuff that is "broken", you can also improve stuff.
    Yeah but in this example it definitely isn’t broken and so shouldn’t be changed

This is the dumbest idea i've ever read on MMOC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Wtf, how is this a problem?!?
    Apparently massive problem for the surprisingly large amount of people on this site with dyscalculia, which is basically illiterate but with numbers. They've been calling for squish, prunes and all that kind of cancer for so many years, they're the same people who want to see WoW become a mobile game.

It doesn't do anything to the economy at all. It simply shifts how gold is displayed. This isn't intended to combat inflation, its intended to make numbers more manageable just like our damage and stats.

If you're doing 15 trillion damage no one cares if you're doing 15,332,235,839,674 damage, past about the 15. 3 everything else is inconsequential noise that just clutter things.

Gold is getting to that point now so let's just adjust how gold is displayed with a gold squish.
    As I stated before, and you clearly just reiterated for me, you have ZERO clue as to what you're talking about. That is not how you fix the gold inflation issue, at all. Nor how you would fix an economic issue of the same proportions. But like I said the first time, and again, you reiterated for me. You won't believe facts, only your own opinion. Cheers dummy.

another idea : remove all existing gold caps, trade gold cap, guild bank cap, bag cap, bmah gold cap, AH gold cap
    and reduce all raw gold source/numbers, make gold circulate between players faster instead, make gold valuable

please

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    As someone who has millions of gold, I'd support this. To go along with this, the game needs to stop printing money like a 3rd world country tries to combat poverty. Gold is worthless in the game now. It has no meaning. Like Diablo.
    Gold has no meaning to people with millions of gold because if they splurge on an expensive mount or something, they can always recoup their loss very, very fast and with barely any effort. Ever heard the saying "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer/stay poor"? It's true in life and in games.

As for OP - I somewhat understand big DPS numbers being confusing to idiots and thus needing (not really), but gold? Lmao.
    Last edited by awadh; 2020-04-25 at 06:24 PM.

The Lightbringer
    Certainly, the problem is that it's way harder to implement in comparison to the two. I'm sure they're open to suggestions though as there's still tons of options but for sure all are going to ruffle some feathers and put others in a bind.
    Would you divide by 100 or 1000? Put a floor and a roof on where players will land depending on their initial holdings? It could be done but where these numbers would be aren't as easy to arrive at. Are you aiming for coppers to mean something again or just lvl 60 vanilla levels where 100g is a ton of gold and 1k is a fortune.
    It's an interesting topic nonetheless as is the subject of it making any difference or being nearly as impactful as levels and stats. Which is why nothing's being done so far.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    This doesn't take gold away from anyone though. Just squishes the values.

Tokens are 115000g now, after tokens would be 115g

The value of items squishes with your gold.

- - - Updated - - -

4g after the squish would be 40c. You could still sell this stuff for 40c after.
    op wants cheaper tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Why not just add platinum, 100c=1s, 100s=1g, 100g=1p.

And then stop printing gold like it's going out of style.
    This is a much simpler and more elegant solution than what OP suggests. Neither idea reduces inflation, but at least the platinum one doesn't create further issues. Hell, I'd probably add two or three currency levels above gold.

I mean adding a currency above gold is also an option that'd subtract two zeroes. This might be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    This is perhaps the stupidest response yet.

Let's try another situation:

At level 1, you quest reward is about 30c.

You don't start hitting over 5g per quest reward while leveling until, what?, like MOP? Maybe higher? If you reduce all gold values by 1000, you remove ALL GOLD REWARDS from quests until it is over 5g currently which would then, by virtue of rounding, go up to 1c. The alternative is that a level 1 quest now rewards the equivalent of 300g currently.

Congrats, you either made questing worthless and made it almost impossible to make money at low levels for new players or you made inflation 1000 times worse.

So which do you prefer? Worthless questing or 1000 times worse inflation?
    Again, i did say, that reducing gold by 1000 times is stupid. My suggestion was just do it by one zero to keep it down a bit. Maybe scroll back and find out why i did say the things i said
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Ah, but to run an order hall in Legion you had to go out and do dailies and such to get currency to fund the missions. Thus you had to actually do work.

In Wod a garrison's mission table and shipyards were self-funding, so once they were up and running the alt never had to leave their garrison. All you had to do was log in, clear the missions, set up the new ones, and mail the money to your banker. Every so often you'd want to buy a bunch of mats at your store (probably furs to send to your tailor to turn into bags), but hardly real work. Also, levelling alts in WoD was faster than in Legion.
    At first, maybe. In Argus patch you really didn't and they came pretty much self sufficient(you could buy resource boxes from Dalaran and send them to alts). Even before that, I only ran gold missions on alts so doing 1 invasion or emissary that rewarded lots of resources was enough to last for weeks.It wasn't really a big deal.

Better solution is to add other higher value currency above gold instead of slicing everything down.

Nice to see that even discussing squishing gold or not can get ppl banned ^^

Probably gonna happen at one point, since ppl can't handle "big" numbers.

Then again, I suppose the reason for recent ilv or damage squishes was something else...like if you have an ilv of 1000 at the end of Legion we would be now...where? ilv 10 000?. 100 000 at the end of Shadowlands?

Despite the squish we already went from sth like ilv 200 at the start of BfA to now ilv 500+ again...

Solution for a non-existent problem.

I don't like that.

The moment they decide to force their hand into a player made economy I'm done. The only reasonable thing they can do is add another unit above gold to make the numbers smaller, but if they physically change the values of anything related to player money, that is just not acceptable.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    What about 40c? Things that sell for 40c now would sell for what? You're increasing the value of a current 40c item to 4g? Yeah. No.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish people like you would stop with this idiotic idea. There is no such thing as gold, silver, or copper in WoW. It is ONE NUMBER. What you see as gold is just 10000 copper. WoW's money value is stored as a single 32-bit integer of copper. There is no magic involved. If you don't like the huge gold numbers, then you can easily make an addon that changes how the money is displayed.
    You adjust the drop rate so it doesn't add to inflation, like a rational human being who spent more than 3 seconds thinking about it..?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The moment they decide to force their hand into a player made economy I'm done. The only reasonable thing they can do is add another unit above gold to make the numbers smaller, but if they physically change the values of anything related to player money, that is just not acceptable.
    Where were you when they ''forced their hand into a player made economy'' by letting players print money in wod/legion with the mission table?

The opposite of that needs to happen but somehow affect people with a lot of money a lot more than people with no money.