Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah

Add more gold sinks. Maybe instead of yet-another-currency, how about we spend gold on shit? But then they wouldn't be able to control how we farm I guess . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you only change things if they are broken
    I would disagree with this. To advance isn't just to change stuff that is "broken", you can also improve stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This isn't really much of a problem. The majority of WoW players can't even afford to pay a subscription with gold, let alone reach gold cap.
    And what's more they'll never be able to, because there's a limited supply of token. For every month someone pays for in gold, someone else paid Blizzard real money for that token. At best, half the population could buy time with gold with the other half paying the real money cost of their subs (and Blizzard wins because this takes gold out of the economy via AH fees, and they make more real money because tokens cost more than straight monthly subs).

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - and there was a gold cap back then too
    At least they did Cap it off, if you dont cap it off and you add to it, it turns Negative, would have been very amusing. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    It was easier in Legion by far to get lots of gold earners. In WoD you could only get one treasure finder per week, as well as spend gold to build all the needed stuff. It took a few months minimum to get a character earning properly even then they didn't bring in as much money as in Legion.

Now in Legion you just had to do the class campaign to unlock all the followers. Even gearing and leveling them was much easier as you had all the catch up stuff as well as research and other things made easier with the patches.
    Ah, but to run an order hall in Legion you had to go out and do dailies and such to get currency to fund the missions. Thus you had to actually do work.

In Wod a garrison's mission table and shipyards were self-funding, so once they were up and running the alt never had to leave their garrison. All you had to do was log in, clear the missions, set up the new ones, and mail the money to your banker. Every so often you'd want to buy a bunch of mats at your store (probably furs to send to your tailor to turn into bags), but hardly real work. Also, levelling alts in WoD was faster than in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah but in WoD - the gold was sent you by the 100k without doing any work, Legion as I said you had to actually do a little bit of work.
    No you didn't have to do any work in legion, you just had a trait in order hall that instantly did one world quest a day and that was able to sustain at least 2 characters.
    In legion I made 2.3M gold per month not leaving order hall at all.

And about topic.
    1000 is too much, but divider by 10 or 100 would did the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Ah, but to run an order hall in Legion you had to go out and do dailies and such to get currency to fund the missions. Thus you had to actually do work.
    Nope, order halls had trait to instantly finish one world quest a day. I had all classes, not all classes had that trait and I still did not have to move a single alt out of order hall to keep gold flowing. Best wq was 10 blood of sergaras, insta finish trait = tons of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Where are you even pulling those numbers from?

1000g worth of vendoring items would be worth 1g after.
    What you seem incapable of understanding through reading your posts is that there is a hard floor to value. You cannot go below 1c in value.

Let's use the real world as an example, shall we?

You want to make $1,000.00 be $1.00.

The problem is with items that currently cost $1.00.

Because you cannot operate in fractions of a penny, if you go to McDonald's and want a drink, currently, you would $1.00 plus tax for the drink. After your conversion suggestion, that $1.00 drink would have a value of $0.001. 1/10th of a penny.

That means you have 2 choices:

Either it is free and no one pays for it which means the company makes no money which means it is no longer available.

OR

You charge the minimum amount of $0.01, 1 penny. Which have effectively turned that $1.00 drink into a $10.00 drink.

The reason this is an issue is because when you earn money at your job, you would earn 1/1000th of what you currently make. So that means if you earn less than $10.00/hour currently, you are making $0.01/hour under the new system. This would be effectively the same as saying you currently earn $1.00 an hour, because the purchasing power is the same.

Now, imagine if you will, tasks where you would earn only, say, $0.10 for something. This now means you either earn zero or you earn 100 times that for the same task. This is the equivalent of leveling a low level character.

The reason why this is an issue is because of the bots. Comments have been made that, "Well things will still cost a lot!". Except those people fail to acknowledge that abundance of those items. Peacebloom is ridiculously plentiful in low level zones. With no threat from mobs or the ability to easily kill large packs in a single GCD, you have a situation where it is far more time effective to simply grind out via farming herbs or low level mobs the 5000g for the Brutosaur than it is currently. Sure, a level 3 Kobold might only give 3c, but that level 3 Kobold will explode from a max level looking at it. And you can gather large packs quickly. And with the conversion, it would be the equivalent of a level 3 Kobold currently dropping 3g.

Tell me: if a level 3 Kobold currently dropped 3g, instead of 3c, do you think farming up 5,000,000g for the Brutosaur would be that difficult? The answer is no, it wouldn't be. Because if that were the case, literally everyone on every character would be gold capped by the time they hit max level. And understand that what you are suggesting means current max level single time quests that give 23g and some change would give 23c. Yippee. Worth the time?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I would disagree with this. To advance isn't just to change stuff that is "broken", you can also improve stuff.
    Yeah but in this example it definitely isn’t broken and so shouldn’t be changed

This is the dumbest idea i've ever read on MMOC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Wtf, how is this a problem?!?
    Apparently massive problem for the surprisingly large amount of people on this site with dyscalculia, which is basically illiterate but with numbers. They've been calling for squish, prunes and all that kind of cancer for so many years, they're the same people who want to see WoW become a mobile game.

It doesn't do anything to the economy at all. It simply shifts how gold is displayed. This isn't intended to combat inflation, its intended to make numbers more manageable just like our damage and stats.

If you're doing 15 trillion damage no one cares if you're doing 15,332,235,839,674 damage, past about the 15. 3 everything else is inconsequential noise that just clutter things.

Gold is getting to that point now so let's just adjust how gold is displayed with a gold squish.
    As I stated before, and you clearly just reiterated for me, you have ZERO clue as to what you're talking about. That is not how you fix the gold inflation issue, at all. Nor how you would fix an economic issue of the same proportions. But like I said the first time, and again, you reiterated for me. You won't believe facts, only your own opinion. Cheers dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    another idea : remove all existing gold caps, trade gold cap, guild bank cap, bag cap, bmah gold cap, AH gold cap
    and reduce all raw gold source/numbers, make gold circulate between players faster instead, make gold valuable

please

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    As someone who has millions of gold, I'd support this. To go along with this, the game needs to stop printing money like a 3rd world country tries to combat poverty. Gold is worthless in the game now. It has no meaning. Like Diablo.
    Gold has no meaning to people with millions of gold because if they splurge on an expensive mount or something, they can always recoup their loss very, very fast and with barely any effort. Ever heard the saying "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer/stay poor"? It's true in life and in games.

As for OP - I somewhat understand big DPS numbers being confusing to idiots and thus needing (not really), but gold? Lmao.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-04-25 at 06:24 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Certainly, the problem is that it's way harder to implement in comparison to the two. I'm sure they're open to suggestions though as there's still tons of options but for sure all are going to ruffle some feathers and put others in a bind.
    Would you divide by 100 or 1000? Put a floor and a roof on where players will land depending on their initial holdings? It could be done but where these numbers would be aren't as easy to arrive at. Are you aiming for coppers to mean something again or just lvl 60 vanilla levels where 100g is a ton of gold and 1k is a fortune.
    It's an interesting topic nonetheless as is the subject of it making any difference or being nearly as impactful as levels and stats. Which is why nothing's being done so far.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    This doesn't take gold away from anyone though. Just squishes the values.

Tokens are 115000g now, after tokens would be 115g

The value of items squishes with your gold.

- - - Updated - - -

4g after the squish would be 40c. You could still sell this stuff for 40c after.
    op wants cheaper tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Why not just add platinum, 100c=1s, 100s=1g, 100g=1p.

And then stop printing gold like it's going out of style.
    This is a much simpler and more elegant solution than what OP suggests. Neither idea reduces inflation, but at least the platinum one doesn't create further issues. Hell, I'd probably add two or three currency levels above gold.

I mean adding a currency above gold is also an option that'd subtract two zeroes. This might be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    This is perhaps the stupidest response yet.

Let's try another situation:

At level 1, you quest reward is about 30c.

You don't start hitting over 5g per quest reward while leveling until, what?, like MOP? Maybe higher? If you reduce all gold values by 1000, you remove ALL GOLD REWARDS from quests until it is over 5g currently which would then, by virtue of rounding, go up to 1c. The alternative is that a level 1 quest now rewards the equivalent of 300g currently.

Congrats, you either made questing worthless and made it almost impossible to make money at low levels for new players or you made inflation 1000 times worse.

So which do you prefer? Worthless questing or 1000 times worse inflation?
    Again, i did say, that reducing gold by 1000 times is stupid. My suggestion was just do it by one zero to keep it down a bit. Maybe scroll back and find out why i did say the things i said
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post

In Wod a garrison's mission table and shipyards were self-funding, so once they were up and running the alt never had to leave their garrison. All you had to do was log in, clear the missions, set up the new ones, and mail the money to your banker. Every so often you'd want to buy a bunch of mats at your store (probably furs to send to your tailor to turn into bags), but hardly real work. Also, levelling alts in WoD was faster than in Legion.
    At first, maybe. In Argus patch you really didn't and they came pretty much self sufficient(you could buy resource boxes from Dalaran and send them to alts). Even before that, I only ran gold missions on alts so doing 1 invasion or emissary that rewarded lots of resources was enough to last for weeks.It wasn't really a big deal.

Better solution is to add other higher value currency above gold instead of slicing everything down.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Solution for a non-existent problem.

I don't like that.