Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The moment they decide to force their hand into a player made economy I'm done. The only reasonable thing they can do is add another unit above gold to make the numbers smaller, but if they physically change the values of anything related to player money, that is just not acceptable.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    What about 40c? Things that sell for 40c now would sell for what? You're increasing the value of a current 40c item to 4g? Yeah. No.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish people like you would stop with this idiotic idea. There is no such thing as gold, silver, or copper in WoW. It is ONE NUMBER. What you see as gold is just 10000 copper. WoW's money value is stored as a single 32-bit integer of copper. There is no magic involved. If you don't like the huge gold numbers, then you can easily make an addon that changes how the money is displayed.
    You adjust the drop rate so it doesn't add to inflation, like a rational human being who spent more than 3 seconds thinking about it..?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The moment they decide to force their hand into a player made economy I'm done. The only reasonable thing they can do is add another unit above gold to make the numbers smaller, but if they physically change the values of anything related to player money, that is just not acceptable.
    Where were you when they ''forced their hand into a player made economy'' by letting players print money in wod/legion with the mission table?

The opposite of that needs to happen but somehow affect people with a lot of money a lot more than people with no money.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Where were you when they ''forced their hand into a player made economy'' by letting players print money in wod/legion with the mission table?

The opposite of that needs to happen but somehow affect people with a lot of money a lot more than people with no money.
    Whilst I do respect everyone's opinion to some extent, yours is just wrong.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Whilst I do respect everyone's opinion to some extent, yours is just wrong.
    Go ahead and explain then, or i guess you cant because those are actually facts and not opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    And with that, I really don't understand the point of this thread. Big numbers... confuse..people?!? Wtf?
    Basically... yea, thats what op is sayin in a nutshell.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Especially for players that have missed the Garrison era (or the guildmaster spam 10% gold perk 999 members) they're way behind and unable to catch up in current WoW Token heavy economy.

Best thing is to make _every_ item currently in your bags/bank/mailbox soulbound on expansion release and reset everyone to 1g and start over, economy needs some fresh air. Announce this way in advance (like now) so people will know it's coming. It's only gold in a game after all; people whining about all of their gold/money going to waste have no place in the discussion, same thing would happen if they'd release WoW2 or whatever, and lobsided gold amounts ruin the economy.

Start over, easiest solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Why not just add platinum, 100c=1s, 100s=1g, 100g=1p.

And then stop printing gold like it's going out of style.
    I like that idea. But I think 1000 Gold should equal 1 Platinum. But leave the option too keep the gold currency instead of automatically converting. Probably a lot more to consider as well.

They should just establish something more value than gold like Guild Wars did this in the past with Platin.

Something like 1.000.000 Gold = 1 Platin etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Sounds like a complete waste of development time.
    wouldn't exactly take a lot of development time.

Would be amazing.But i doubt they would ever do that.Gold is now a form of money maker for blizzard with wow tokens.They can't mess with it or it will mess with the all mighty dollar they care so much about.

"Squish" needs to be removed from the devs vocabulary. The BFA stat squish is one major reason I hardly ever log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    wouldn't exactly take a lot of development time.
    Any time would be too much, but how do you figure that?

Any time would be too much, but how do you figure that?
    because its showing a bigger number as a smaller number. Not recreating the game world
    The only thing they would need to change is the number you see on your client, not the actual gold and prices. how much time would that require for a game developer ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if the following would have the intended effect or not but: what if you crunch monetary rewards down to only a few copper. Basically, income is constrained severely. Then, for maybe a year or so, keep the price of all goods high. For example, repairs would be unchanged. And, for a couple of weeks, items on the AH would try to be sold at market value, but with buyer's incomes collapsing, the price of items on the AH must come down eventually. Then after a year's time, patch in lower prices at vendors.

No idea if this would work, though.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It stopped doing that after WoD ... now you have to do at least a little bit of work to get gold.
    I assume you mean Legion, where the real money was minted. WoD was just the opening band.

Just want to point out a few things:
    -Token prices generally go *down* with more players. Not up.
    -Squishing for squishing's sake would just require a ton of unnecessary recalculations.
    -With the amount of inflation the game necessarily has to have, I suggest instead removing copper. And maybe silver as well.
    -Things were NOT better before when cheaters prospered, multiboxers were everywhere and gold sellers and account hackers were making things miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    "Squish" needs to be removed from the devs vocabulary. The BFA stat squish is one major reason I hardly ever log in anymore.
    I agree.

We don't need "squishes" so much as we need the devs to stop hyper-inflating stats on items.

There's no reason why we needed a second squish in half the time we needed the first one - and the numbers were higher than before the first squish, if I'm not mistaken.

The level squish is slightly more necessary...but even that I'm iffy on, judging by how they've handled previous squishes.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    because its showing a bigger number as a smaller number. Not recreating the game world
    The only thing they would need to change is the number you see on your client, not the actual gold and prices. how much time would that require for a game developer ?
    At the very least they would need to dedicate time for planning, testing, and implementation. A single individual can't just go in and make changes without understanding the effect that such a change could have on other directly related or even seemingly unrelated systems.

At the very least they would need to dedicate time for planning, testing, and implementation. A single individual can't just go in and make changes without understanding the effect that such a change could have on other directly related or even seemingly unrelated systems.
    and realistically, when the backend system is the exact same as it was, your client just show you a different smaller number. How many unforseen incidents may occur ? im asking here, Not stating anything. The game would still see the exact gold value, you would just see a different one. If that was the case, that just changing the number you see in your client makes the game explode, then why aren't games exploding when you change language ? The item is still the same in the game engine if its called a "stick" and i see "pinne". Just as 50 gold would still be 50 gold, even tho i saw 5

I know a lot of shit can go wrong by the smallest change in code, but i genuinly believe that this could have been sorted easily by people who know what they are doing and does this daily for a living. Without having to spend a lot of time and effort doing it.