Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    XP Buff. But have never played one at max level.
    Didnt they change the buff so it doesnt stack with looms anymore?

15+ Year Old Account
    Up close and personal. With fists. Shame that monks are at the bottom of dps logs, so for the first time since MOP I have changed my main to a hunter instead. Still pretty good mobility, and being ranged is surprisingly refreshing. Especially in BGs I don't have to die as much.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

5+ Year Old Account
    I like playing healers and mistweavers use a different kind of resource.

Paladins and Priests use Holy (The Light)
    Shamans and Druids use Restoration (Druids use plant magic and shamans use water magic).

The mystical energies around mists was unique enough for me to really enjoy the monk class.

Monk class fantasy is done the right way. They emit nothing but pleasantry.

Brewmaster is a non toxic, easy to play, and great AOE tank.
    Mistweaver visually pleasant, very easy, and fun to play, healer.

Windwalker is something I never got used to, because spec feels heavily locked. Still, throwing punches is a unique and fun way to play.

Overall satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by zawyer View Post
    Didnt they change the buff so it doesnt stack with looms anymore?
    Any source for such a statement?

ctrl+f stagger
    1/1 results found

I am disappointed.

Every specc feels like im playing a rogue.
    Im mostly healing, and now that I can use azerite to have Way of the crane and it returning to baseline im even more happy.

Love dropping it in heavy AOE when raiding, or to help on trash

The mobility is awsome, I can pretty mutch be any race I feel like, leather-mog is cool
    Brewmaster feels good when you are not the best tank; I get to play DPS with taunts, mobility and stagger. Its the only class I can manage a 15+17+ with ;P

I just wish we had more glyphs; For example to give mistweaver the stance and colours of the ox . Not a big fan of the mint - green

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I seriously doubt it. Whenever I see someone leveling an allied race they are always either a monk or a death knight

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Nope. I was wrong, sorry.

I loved the many numbers would pop out when you used fists of fury... now that they nerfed this it feels so awkward to see so many fists and so few actual hits.

Martial-arts are inherently cool. Who the heck doesn't want to do some crazy anime-style action? It's bad-ass. When I look at abilities like Tiger Palm and Rising Sun Kick I think, "man, they nailed that." But when I look at an ability like Chi Burst I think, "dude, that would be so sick... if it looked as sick as the idea is." Like, a lot of abilities being rooted in magical, spiritual elements is so super freaking cool - they pull it off so well in Diablo as well, it's just that here for the Monk class in WoW it can miss pretty hard when it's obvious the ideas deserve to look so much better.

The fantasy of a spiritual master of unarmed combat is a great class fantasy. I wouldn't trade that for anything. I just wish it LOOKED cooler.

Mobile, bursty, melee DPS with tanky and sustainy abilities because of being a hybrid class. I enjoy being close to my enemies and dodging or incapacitating stuff from up close, be it raid mobs or actual players.

Also like the class fantasy (although I do dislike the heavy pandaren influence on it). The Monk draws its power from both positive and negative energy which holds true in actual real life situations too. Striving to balance them and letting your feelings flow/acknowledging them while being in control!
    Last edited by Frandaero; 2020-07-04 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only played my monk during antorus. Haven't really touched him since I got him to 120, but I guess I liked the playstyle of not using the same ability twice in a row. It made the rotation for WW monks engaging.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    not necessarily but please don't go overboard. we've all fought a monk. and all monks do the same thing run away.

monk is a ridiculous class, hitting and running away if the thing gets ugly seriously ... it's ridiculous, a real monk would never run away from a fight, monks shouldn't have super speed. that was the glitch. and funny thing it is, how ridiculously and pathetically they die when someone spoils their speed, slows, roots .... that's why playing against them with warrior is delicious, because when the warrior kills them, that is priceless, it's like catching an insect .I keep thinking that the monk class is poorly designed.
    I guess a real monk would just stand in the way of a giant sword or (insert weapon here) and await their demise? Everyone runs at some point in pvp, EVERYONE.

Monks are amazing. I only wish they could be tuned back to MoP status. But, most people want their classes tuned back to MoP status.

Nothing about the monk fantasy or the general aesthetic it pulls from particularly appeals to me but MW is just too amazing as a spec imo.

Their OPness is the only drawing thing for me.
    Still bitter how they stole warrior abilities to actually make the monk, ohh wait, they also improved those abilities and made them better, something warriors had complained about for a long time.

but MW is just too amazing as a spec imo
    MW had a couple weeks of being amazing, then they nerfed rising Mist. No idea what else you could be referring to, or maybe you typoed?

Their OPness is the only drawing thing for me
    What? Their OPness, as in 2nd to last on DPS, or being a subpar healer? Who are you saying is OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    MW had a couple weeks of being amazing, then they nerfed rising Mist. No idea what else you could be referring to, or maybe you typoed?

What? Their OPness, as in 2nd to last on DPS, or being a subpar healer? Who are you saying is OP?
    He may be talking about BfA launch? I mean it's pretty obvious that MW mastery is good without gear, it's added healing when you're under geared and complete trash when you (and everyone else) is geared. In Uldir if memory serves me right, MW and Holy Priests were all the rage.

Second point, Brewmaster is very "op" and will always be due to stagger.

WW.... mmm i wouldn't call it OP. I would call it strong in the right hands. A perfectly played WW will perform better than ::insert top melee dps:: that is average. That goes with most things. If you use your dmg CD before lust/dmg increase debuffs/etc you'll do less damage than anyone who plans these things out. On pure Patchwerk style fights (that do not exist anymore) sure, maybe that difference is more apparent. In complex fights it comes down to what the spec can do (multi-dot, cleave, Burst ST, aoe, burst aoe, etc). Tread with caution calling the lowest represented class "last on DPS." Essentially, players who can play WW at 100% capacity are playing different specs that they can also play at 100% capacity, that are better equipped for complex fights; less data.

MW, i think really has a sour taste in the WoW community's mouth. Mastery is useless in raids and M+ it's only really there for when you're undergeared (pvp same argument). I don't think the spec is OP or UP. The problem is for example Disc Priests being able to have 100% effective absorbs for most raid wide damage, while simultaneously being able to heal damage after their shields expire. Raid CDs being another point of contention. I personally love revival, and with bursting becoming dispellable i'll like it even more. It's obvious that Damage Reduction CDs are what raid leaders want. I think to solve the balancing issue, Blizzard should create more mechanics in fights that make damage reduction pointless/wasted; to bend the curve of the HPal/DPriest/RestoSham meta. Make output specs like MW, HPriest and Resto Druids have a place simply due to what a fight requires - or give talent options to change their raid CD to something else: Revival turns to raid wide stagger.