Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    What? Their OPness, as in 2nd to last on DPS, or being a subpar healer? Who are you saying is OP?
    The only opness i feel, is that im not afraid to 1v1 any class on world pvp, ww is king of duels

tanking as brewmaster is fun and dynamic while mistweaver animations and effects are beautiful
    i hate ww animations and sounds
    overall monk is always just an alt for me
    their usefulness in raids is usually meh lvl (except bm)
    S.H.

I love monk because of the martial art aesthetic as well as it is one of the most fun DPS specs in the game. Not a lot of ppl can play it well.

I wish the monk was more "Kharazim" rather than "kung-fu panda".
    We could've got Asian race to keep the eastern culture in MOP instead of Pandas (and I do like pandas)

Sorry, I just dislike the silly'ness and how monk turned out to be.
    Instead of martial artist we have silly brew-sipping buggers

It's the only class who can fulfill 3 different roles with specs I actually like playing. Oh and mobility.

Sadly it has nothing to do with the fantasy or aesthetics. I'd rather play plate tbh

MW is just way too fun in arenas, tons of mobility and insanely strong healing.

But also Touch of Death is like the most fun arena skill (not the BFA version), being able to have your partner burst someone and then you just roll on in and one shot them is always hilarious. So yeah, I'll likely be maining Monk in Shadowlands for that.

Yea, I honestly wasn't even considering PvP in my last response. I admit they have their nice moments in PvP. But for PvE, I'm basically disappointed by WW and MW. Brew Master is fine mechanic wise, and makes a great tank. I just wish they had more plans for SL then buffing Xuen a little. There are legendary pieces in SL that are completely useless with our current mastery (can't double up on any abilities). I get the intent behind the mastery, but giving us items that increase chi and energy...do us absolutely no good considering we may or may not have an ability to use at the time of said increase (and that's not to mention the damn Whirling Dragon Punch bug that makes this even worse). They just really need a dev that plays the class well to focus on improvements. Even Sub Rogue is likely getting enough love to make it worth while to play in SL. Embarrassing

10+ Year Old Account
    Late to the thread, but I really like the martial artist fantasy. I played a whole lot of competitive Street Fighter, which also may influence my decision. Monk is my favorite Diablo 3 class as well.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I love brewmaster because of their unique way to tank damage. I’ve never seen something like Stagger anywhere else in any other game.

I love Mistweaver because this spec can pump out some insane burst heal without the need of a 3+ minute long cooldown. I love how you can drain your mana very fast for very strong burst heals. It feels like mana is actually a resource that you have to play around as MW. I don’t really get this feeling with other healers.

I love WW monk because it’s a more controlled playstyle where you don’t just spam your buttons and react to big procs. It is the spec that I switched to after they changed enh shaman in Legion. I felt like that’s the playstyle that came closest to old enhance.

And I love monk in general because of Ring of Peace. That skill is the best skill in the game. The difference between a good monk player and an incredible monk player is how well they use RoP, imo.

i like monk cause its close to samurai and wow doesnt have samurai (yet)

Sharing it rather aggressively, sometimes. Also sometimes it's on fire.

For me, while I like the class fantasy and have always loved the bare fisted monks out there in games and shows, Brewmaster is probably my favorite spec in the game.

I made my brewmaster back in legion, originally a troll because I wanted to take advantage of the Troll Regeneration/Fighter Chow combo, and stagger seemed like the best mechanic for doing that, having damage ticking off you all the time for the fighter Chow to heal back up seemed like the best option. (It was between monk and guardian, and God I'm glad I went the way I did )

Just fell in love with the class mechanically. It satisfies the hipster in me by being the rarest class in the game, it has a lot of weird abilities that you can use in creative and unexpected ways (having trouble with Rexxar in your vision? Drop a Black Ox Statue and his boars will hit it with their sanity drain, which doesn't accomplish anything!), and it's a fun rythym once you get into it.

There isn't really a situation as a monk where the right answer is "and then press x repeatedly". I love weaving abilities around.
    I love blackout combo, even if it's weaker now.
    I love the flashy hurricane kicks and flips.
    I love the fighting stance.

The only thing I don't love is that there are races that can't be monks, considering nightborne could as soon as they stepped out of the bubble it makes it seem like a weekend camp is a you need to learn it, which makes races not being monks a weird thing.

Just give it to Worgs, Gobs and Lightgoats. Come on now.

Many things are cool with Monk, fist fight, animation, mist.

But one thing i really hate, and hope they change it, is BM, throwing alcohol after enemy is just stupid and dosent fit any class or fantasy.

It's the whole Monk Theme that does it for me, it just resonates with me as a person more than anything else in the game, that combined with how fun and mobile the class is. A bonus to playing a Monk is that it's always underplayed and for me doing everything in the game that I personally enjoy feels better compared to doing things on "flavor of the month" type class/specs.

If it punches, I'm gonna play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    from playing rogue for so long (vanilla-woltk), the monk was a nice refresh. I left hardcore raiding and found myself enjoying the game more with a monk.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Definitely the flow of the Rotation of Windwalker for me.

For Shadowlands I really wanted to dust off my old Wotlk Paladin as my main for aesthetic/lore reasons (going into the realm of the dead, as a warrior of the light/living), got to level 51 and got seriously bored of the static rotation and switched back to my Monk straight away (Main since MoP) and didnt look back all the way to 60.

Feel like I have so much more control, CC, Movement, Touch of Karma, etc, plus had to have an offspec tank & healer option.

Plus yeah, whilst everyone else is using crazy arcane/fel/holy magics, or comically sized axes to kill god tier bosses, we out here using our fists.

Ever since they allowed first weapons to transmog for regular, having wolverine claws for my punching animation is sooo satisfying. Fits the class and disappears when out of combat.
    Monk is with out a doubt the most over all balanced playstyle class in game. They have everything you could ask for except great ranges dps.

Its overplayed now since ww is OP it will fall off later expansion as always
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Not a bad thing if you ask me. Not even endgame god tier level in Antorus did anything for the class rep and population, and that's with MW and BrM staying pretty strong throughout Legion and the majority of BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Monk is anything but overplayed right now. Still one of the currently least played classes, probably even the least played.

Also how is WW op right now? In PVE they might be (for the first time in a very long time) doing a lot of dps right now, however the spec adds absolutely nothing to the raid, besides Mystic Touch, which the other specs have too.

In PVP, WW seems to be really good right now, but their defenses are extremely weak too. At least ret paladins and rogues can easily outplay them.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-01-14 at 02:57 PM.