Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Finally, no longer stuck with WoW for decades to come

I tried the Blue Protocol closed beta yesterday and holly molly, every moment was incredibly fun. It felt like I was in a movie the whole time playing as one of the characters. Infinitely fun gameplay and possibly the most beautiful game yet. Sadly or luckily (so they don't have to constantly balance classes), depending on who you are, there is no PvP.

Can't wait to get my hands on the rebooted Anthem, Crimson Desert, New World and Overwatch 2 next.

Edit:

To the blind haters & wow mercenaries,

If there is anything Japan is known for, it is not genericness. I have visited Japan several times and seen how creativity, perfection, super high quality and fairness are ingrained into every aspect of their life. While North America functions in the exact opposite of all that. In North America, they create mediocre products and slightly improve and modify them to create the illusion of being creative in order to milk people's money as much as possible.

WoW is a cartoony game, so if you bully people for liking anime, calling them weebs, you are no different for liking cartoony WoW.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-04-28 at 12:49 AM.

There is no PvP in Blue Protocol?

Cmon man...seriously? Thats a big turn off for me impossible for me to play

Im glad you are having fun. I watched a couple streams today and yesterday.
    I have no idea how you found a japanese account to play though probably a sneaky rogue-assassin way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

Same here, no PvP is a no buy from me.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that will last is ow2 and only because blizzard will artificially support it even if the numbers are low. Don't get too attached

It's anime. Hard pass.

Yeah, sorry but that game's gonna be a hard pass from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The only thing that will last is ow2 and only because blizzard will artificially support it even if the numbers are low. Don't get too attached
    I would agree with that only if Blizzard smartens up and enables third person mode in OW2. They already have it as part of the OW Workshop. I would make OW2 my main game if they enable third person mode.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-04-26 at 05:24 AM.

This just a cry for attention or something?
    This forum is for discussing World of Warcraft not whatever game that is.

Hope you find enjoyment, but I worry if your enjoyment leads you to brag about it in a WoW forum its not going to last long.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Still saying OW should have been MMO instead of hero fps.

Blue protocol looks nice but MMO without real holy trinity is just a singleplayer game in the end because there is no real synergy and tactics in group play. GW2 is a good example. I play as a dps/DD only when I cannot play as a tank or healer. If group can run content without healers and tanks then the game feels just singleplayer farmfest.

And since pve content is gonna be boring I'd focus on pvp but since there is no pvp, that game is gonna be hard pass for me.

Still Blue Protocol looks amazing and combat seem to be fun even tho there is way too few skills and like almost in every Asian game the classes feel like they are same class with different lightshow capabilities. In Blue Protocol those are atleast toned down.

Im glad you are having fun. I watched a couple streams today and yesterday.
    I have no idea how you found a japanese account to play though probably a sneaky rogue-assassin way
    I'm 100% the complete opposite. I hate pvp and love it that a game is actually coming out without it. It seems every MMO wants to be hardcore pvp centric. Hell, it seems most games in general are hardcore pvp centric these days. I hate competition and despise pvp. So I'm more inclined to try it out because it doesn't have pvp.

I tried a few mmo's over the years but I don't think I would commit to another one unless a big dev who is known for polish makes it... maybe riot?

It just isn't a hot seller right now. MMO's went from printing money to simply being strong work horses. They still make a very good amount of money but it shackles a company to a full time development team.

Riot has been aggressively expanding into other genres of late and they did hire ghostcrawler but out side of that long shot I can't really imagine a big wow style mmo being made anymore that isn't Final fantasy online.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I tried a few mmo's over the years but I don't think I would commit to another one unless a big dev who is known for polish makes it... maybe riot?

It just isn't a hot seller right now. MMO's went from printing money to simply being strong work horses. They still make a very good amount of money but it shackles a company to a full time development team.

Riot has been aggressively expanding into other genres of late and they did hire ghostcrawler but out side of that long shot I can't really imagine a big wow style mmo being made anymore that isn't Final fantasy online.
    Just search for a game with stuff you like...there must be something out there...
    But if your mind keeps comparing stuff to WoW...which i do all the time and cant help myself from doing it...you are gonna have a hard time enjoying new things.
    There are so many games out there...
    All of them have flaws i know, and you will never find your perfect game.

Try and have fun bro you have been fighting the good fight on the forums for a long time this couple days

Just search for a game with stuff you like...there must be something out there...
    But if your mind keeps comparing stuff to WoW...which i do all the time and cant help myself from doing it...you are gonna have a hard time enjoying new things.
    There are so many games out there...
    All of them have flaws i know, and you will never find your perfect game.

Try and have fun bro you have been fighting the good fight on the forums for a long time this couple days
    I like raiding but I don't care for how slow FF is I play other games of course but...well im getting bored being trapped inside.

If Riot made an MMO it would be free to play with a crazy cash shop so no thanks.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I like raiding but I don't care for how slow FF is I play other games of course but...well im getting bored being trapped inside.
    You only enjoy raiding? Uff...thats a tough one because you need to slog and suffer the leveling experience of a different MMO.

I played today Tree of Savior for 3 hours...not your kind of game im sure, anime crap is probably not for you.

My "trick" is to find a game with visuals i like and decent combat...and decent RPG customization...and then i try and socialize ingame.
    The harder thing out of this list is to socialize...
    One would think in a MMO the easiest part would be to talk to people...is actually the hardest thing, ROFL
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-04-26 at 06:31 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    That art style is so terrible and the characters look like actual children. No thanks.

And this is coming from someone who enjoys the aesthetic of FF14.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I tried the Blue Protocol closed beta yesterday and holly molly, every moment was incredibly fun. It felt like I was in a movie the whole time playing as one of the characters. Infinitely fun gameplay and possibly the most beautiful game yet. Sadly or luckily (so they don't have to constantly balance classes), depending on who you are, there is no PvP.

Can't wait to get my hands on the rebooted Anthem, Crimson Desert, New World and Overwatch 2 next.
    It looks nice. Isn't it in japanese though? Does it have subs?

Also yeah this is probably wrong sub forum to discuss other games. You're just gonna get a lot of grumpy old men telling you to get off their lawn

Man havent had a "Just played a wow killer" thread in a loooooooooong time....taking bets on when he comes back

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Man havent had a "Just played a wow killer" thread in a loooooooooong time....taking bets on when he comes back
    Makes you wonder...
    Is WoW THAT good people always come back?
    OR
    Are we grumpy old man who cant appreciate new things and we keep comparing the new game we are playing to WoW?

I always come back (>_<) goddammit

It'll probably do as well as Anthem, or Wildstar!
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.