Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    14,952
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualVader View Post
    I love it how everyone who dislike Illidan goes on about ''sacrificing others to obtain power.'' sentence is utter bullcrap.
    Illidan was sacrificing people before he even made his deal with Sargeras he kills all the mages under his command and absorbs there power back in the war of the ancients then hides behind “there was no other way” when he didn’t even try any other then boosting his own power.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Illidan doesn't force his destiny on anyone, what the fuck are you talking about?
    Drained his mages of life against there will.
    Enslaved the orcs of Outland.
    Enslaved the goats of Outland and stole there temple.
    Burned goat souls to power his portals even when they were his allies.
    Forces a portal to argus open over Azeroth.

    Just because we won in the end doesn’t clear him of all the evils things he did and all the people he forced against there will to work for him.

  2. #82
    The Lightbringer Nurvus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Except, they aren't. They are nothing like computers and you can even see their compassion and ability to reason when one of them travels all the way to the north of Icecrown to ascend one man and help ease his suffering at the hands of the plague. It's not logical or safe to do it but it did out of goodness. I don't like when people make up a head canon like that because Blizz made one Naaru evil to fit the "illidan didn't do nothin wrong!" narrative.
    I didn't claim Blizz made Naaru evil nor did I claim they are evil.
    I said Illidan saw Xe'ra as the same kind of evil (in his view) as the Legion.

    They do things that are aligned with their ideals, and their ideals are absolute, just like the Void, but opposite.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

  3. #83
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    14,952
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Nobody fucking listens to me, so I have to do everything I can, alone now. I want to save these stupid fuckers from a threat that will literally kill the all the worlds if I do nothing, but they try to stop me every step of the way!

    Classic anti-hero schtick. he wants to do the good thing, but in order ot actually get it done, sacrifices must be made and he will be vilified for doing them. I assume you say that every character in a leadership position in warcraft where a single soldier is lost "forces their destiny" on others, right? you're not just some hypocritical asshole, yeah?
    No one ever listens to illlidan because he’s a team killing asshole. He doesn’t give order to soldiers that lead to deaths he kills them his self steals there power for his own or burns though there souls after allying with them and pretending he’s looking out for them.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Illidan doesn't force his destiny on anyone, what the fuck are you talking about?
    For somebody who doesn't he engages in slavery and human(oid)-sacrifice a lot...

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But no one brought up Anduin and Talanji
    My point was that most of the time here, everyone is always bitching (and correctly so, i might add) that most of the "good" characters we have are the ultimate goody-two-shoes.
    And yet when someone like Illidan does some questionable shit, while not being a villain, they all bitch about that too.
    Just used Anduin and Talanji as an example. Both are perfect, flawless characters, and people bitch about it (again, rightfully so, they are annoying). But now the same people bitch about Illidan too, because he ISNT aperfect, flawless character.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

    He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    My point was that most of the time here, everyone is always bitching (and correctly so, i might add) that most of the "good" characters we have are the ultimate goody-two-shoes.
    And yet when someone like Illidan does some questionable shit, while not being a villain, they all bitch about that too.
    Just used Anduin and Talanji as an example. Both are perfect, flawless characters, and people bitch about it (again, rightfully so, they are annoying). But now the same people bitch about Illidan too, because he ISNT aperfect, flawless character.
    People bitch about stuff in WoW. OOooOooOOoooOooo, tell me it isn't so

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People bitch about stuff in WoW. OOooOooOOoooOooo, tell me it isn't so
    Yeah and I have never seen shills in this forum. It's all rainbow and sunshine here.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    My point was that most of the time here, everyone is always bitching (and correctly so, i might add) that most of the "good" characters we have are the ultimate goody-two-shoes.
    And yet when someone like Illidan does some questionable shit, while not being a villain, they all bitch about that too.
    Just used Anduin and Talanji as an example. Both are perfect, flawless characters, and people bitch about it (again, rightfully so, they are annoying). But now the same people bitch about Illidan too, because he ISNT aperfect, flawless character.
    Not really, it's more about not wanting to wank Illidan as some paragon of virtue. Yes Xe'ra was an obnoxious chandelier, but at the same time Illidan acted like a hypocrite. "My destiny is my own!", that didn't apply to the Moonguard arcanists he killed without their consent. I'm not even saying that makes Illidan a bad character.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-04-26 at 05:44 PM.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  9. #89
    That cinematic was pretty cringe because the whole conflict seemed so forced just to make Illidan look cool and the light worshippers like sheeple.
    Now dont get me wrong, I love Illidan, but the only reason that cinematic happened the way it did was to further the plot.
    First, Illidan totally shouldn't be powerful enough to just one shot her like that. But fine, lets say that happened. So the hole army of light just glossed over the fact that some DH just killed what is essentially their divine? That is utter nonsense. Both the army of light and the draenei would have tried to kill or at least imprison him after what did in a realistic setting. But nah, they just let Illidan cuck them and never again mention it happened.

    Also, so many people here acting like xera would have turned him into a slave to the light, but where did you even get that from? We don't see any other members of the army of light presented as a mindless slave. They all have a personality and are doing their own thing.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    She'd been a useful ally against the legion.
    she treated him the same way sargeras did
    she told him his sacrifices were nothing
    she tried to force him to accept her power

  11. #91
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    he's a massive hypocrite and will force people to bend to his will without a second thought but refuses to let the same happen to him.
    That isn't hypocrisy, that is just wanting to be the one on top.

  12. #92
    Because Xe'ra did a lot of wrong while Illidan did none

  13. #93
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    8,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You can literally see Turalyon's eyes turning gold as Xe'ra's form is restored in front of him, but okay.
    That doesn't mean it was a reflection lol. That's the first time I've ever heard that one though I like it

  14. #94
    I mean, we saw what Alternate Universe Xe'ra did on Draenor. Those Draenei follow The Light Mother, according to their dialogue. Xe'ra doesn't get name-dropped, but that is her title.

    A'dal is a champion of the Balance. Xe'ra isn't interested in balance. She is interested in the Light's victory. And has no tolerance for alternate paths.

    Her path and Illidan's were never going to align just like that. And both she and Illidan are more than willing to force the hand of destiny.

  15. #95
    Because in WoW killing is the answer to every problem.

    Also watch the cinematic. And her followers were pretty fanatic prior to her death.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    That doesn't mean it was a reflection lol. That's the first time I've ever heard that one though I like it
    Yes it does. His eyes turn gold literally as Xe'ra's body is restored. This isn't even something I came up with, I saw this mentioned several times and it makes 100% sense. It's nothing particularly complex like "Oh Turalyon was mind-controlled by Xe'ra and the golden eyes prove it!"-
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    Because the Light being forced upon people, as demonstrated in the Mag'har recruitment quests, is not a good thing.

    The path of the exalted can be paved with blood and fire as much as the path of darkness can. And the Naaru border on malevolent at times, I feel... What if Velen had stood and fought for Argus instead of listening to the magic wind chimes and fleeing? Illidan realized what Velen, for all his wisdom, was too blinded to see- that his destiny was his own and that he didn't need X'era's gift to fight the Legion, especially with the manner in which it was granted to him.
    Practically? 2 other leaders were against him, which most likely means most of the population too. Plus, what could he have done against Sargeras except dying?

  18. #98
    That feel when people got all bitchy when they tried to white-wash Illidan's actions from TBC, which were out of character to begin with, but then when they appropriately addressed the fact that he's very hypocritical in actions that did make sense to make up for it, people treat it like a bug rather than a feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes it does. His eyes turn gold literally as Xe'ra's body is restored. This isn't even something I came up with, I saw this mentioned several times and it makes 100% sense. It's nothing particularly complex like "Oh Turalyon was mind-controlled by Xe'ra and the golden eyes prove it!"-
    Blizzard's in-game cinematic team is pretty impressive from WoD onward, but how many other examples exist of lighting sources allegedly having impact on someone's eyes in real time?

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    She'd been a useful ally against the legion.
    How useful could she have been if he blasted her apart so easily.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    That feel when people got all bitchy when they tried to white-wash Illidan's actions from TBC, which were out of character to begin with, but then when they appropriately addressed the fact that he's very hypocritical in actions that did make sense to make up for it, people treat it like a bug rather than a feature.



    Blizzard's in-game cinematic team is pretty impressive from WoD onward, but how many other examples exist of lighting sources allegedly having impact on someone's eyes in real time?
    Off the top of my head, when Jaina tried to attack Baine in the Derek cinematic she had lightning in her eyes.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •