Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Legendary! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    She touched him in his no no place, and he didn't like that.
    Only Tyrande can touch him there
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    They've done a lot of telling people to do things. How many things have they actually done?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Balance of forces is real life. It's not some RPG cliche.

    Also, we get it, you like to root for villains.
    Just what I'm looking for in an RPG: real life. In any case, they aren't mutually exclusive; something can reflect some aspect of real life and be a story-telling cliche. Also not sure why you think I root for villains just because I find that a tired story-telling element.

    We get it, you can't handle someone having different tastes and interests.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Just what I'm looking for in an RPG: real life. In any case, they aren't mutually exclusive; something can reflect some aspect of real life and be a story-telling cliche. Also not sure why you think I root for villains just because I find that a tired story-telling element.

    We get it, you can't handle someone having different tastes and interests.
    The only thing that provably changed about Illidan in Legion is that he's no longer a villain. What other conclusion is there?

  4. #164
    If there is an expansion where we go back to AU Draenor and fight the Lightbound, Xe'ra would make an excellent final boss. The power behind Yrel.

    This assumes that Naaru have counterparts in alternate realities.

  5. #165
    Illidan still couldn't get over the fact that Arthas beat him 1 on 1 when he had the clear advantage at the start of the fight. Losing a fight you were nearly guaranteed to win must have strung pretty badly. That mental scar showed when Xe'ra was dominating him and he could feel history repeating itself, so he opted for more desperate measures.

  6. #166
    Both are pretty bad.

    Illidan did horrible things, sacrificed others for the greater "good" and was all for slavery. But he will not have the same done to him(and this is lost on Blizzard)

    Xe'ra lied about illidan's backstory to make him sound more righteous than what was actually true. Even in her retelling of 10000 years ago, she messes up and has Broxigar praise Illidan. She's telling us that in TBC, we were mistaken, but everything is still there...Illidan was quite evil during that expansion, he was also evil in Frozen Throne, he's the reason that the Night Elves have no towns in Azshara anymore...

    Xe'ra's obviously gonna be made to be a kinda evil character, but they're are completely trying to retcon Illidan and it's a little ridiculous.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    Because the Light being forced upon people, as demonstrated in the Mag'har recruitment quests, is not a good thing.

    The path of the exalted can be paved with blood and fire as much as the path of darkness can. And the Naaru border on malevolent at times, I feel... What if Velen had stood and fought for Argus instead of listening to the magic wind chimes and fleeing? Illidan realized what Velen, for all his wisdom, was too blinded to see- that his destiny was his own and that he didn't need X'era's gift to fight the Legion, especially with the manner in which it was granted to him.
    How would have Velen fought the legion?? Most of them had taken Sargeras' offer and they were being hunted down already enacting various genocides at the time. The force that did fight them under hatuun werr massacred. Honestly if it wasnt foe the Naaru Velen wouldve died there

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Careful, do not confuse Xe'ra and XXX Sara.

    Made that mistake when googling once, got all stupid Naaru pictures.
    Illidan didn't kill XXX Sara though.. He only destroyed her..

  9. #169
    Legendary! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Both are pretty bad.

    Illidan did horrible things, sacrificed others for the greater "good" and was all for slavery. But he will not have the same done to him(and this is lost on Blizzard)

    Xe'ra lied about illidan's backstory to make him sound more righteous than what was actually true. Even in her retelling of 10000 years ago, she messes up and has Broxigar praise Illidan. She's telling us that in TBC, we were mistaken, but everything is still there...Illidan was quite evil during that expansion, he was also evil in Frozen Throne, he's the reason that the Night Elves have no towns in Azshara anymore...

    Xe'ra's obviously gonna be made to be a kinda evil character, but they're are completely trying to retcon Illidan and it's a little ridiculous.
    Which also means that our leading characters, as well as our own ones, are a whole bunch of hypocrites. We overthrew Sylvanas because she was a crazy asshole, but just before that, we had gladly teamed with another crazy asshole - just because he happened to have the same goals than us. And then we have to endure morality lessons from the writing team wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because Illidan is an hypocrite who is perfectly fine with ruining other people's lives under the excuse that "Much must be sacrificed to end the Legion", but when it's his turn he pussies out. Those light tattoos didn't even look that bad.
    obviously you not watched the cinematic.

    if a self declared incarnation of the „good“ wanna force me to believe in the same, by touching and changing my mind directly without my allowing and against my free will.... i totally would fuck her up too.

    to be born as the messias (see illidan story of Legion) is one thing. forced by god (in that case the light), against my will, to fullfill my role as messias, whatever god thinks that is, is a totally another thing.

    i stand 100% behind illlidan in that scene. (even when most of illidans char is not my thing)

    to be serious: how „good“ is something/someone that force others to serve the „good“ ? its like people that damn people with slight nazi tendences to hell and say things like „we should jail or kill that ppl“. dont get me wrong, i really do not like nazis (obviously when you look at my avatar). but i think someone that shows the same tendences and reactions as the nazi, just against the nazi, is not better than the nazi. its the definition of nazi.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-04-29 at 08:22 PM.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    obviously you not watched the cinematic.

    if a self declared incarnation of the „good“ wanna force me to believe in the same, by touching and changing my mind directly without my allowing and against my free will.... i totally would fuck her up too.

    to be born as the messias (see illidan story of Legion) is one thing. forced by god (in that case the light), against my will, to fullfill my role as messias, whatever god thinks that is, is a totally another thing.

    i stand 100% behind illlidan in that scene. (even when most of illidans char is not my thing)

    to be serious: how „good“ is something/someone that force others to serve the „good“ ? its like people that damn people with slight nazi tendences to hell and say things like „we should jail or kill that ppl“. dont get me wrong, i really do not like nazis (obviously when you look at my avatar). but i think someone that shows the same tendences and reactions as the nazi, just against the nazi, is not better than the nazi. its the definition of nazi.
    Obviously you didnt read any other of my posts.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  12. #172
    Legendary! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    to be serious: how „good“ is something/someone that force others to serve the „good“ ? its like people that damn people with slight nazi tendences to hell and say things like „we should jail or kill that ppl“. dont get me wrong, i really do not like nazis (obviously when you look at my avatar). but i think someone that shows the same tendences and reactions as the nazi, just against the nazi, is not better than the nazi. its the definition of nazi.
    That's why I think that the Scarlet Crusade folks were the most loyal and consequent followers of the Light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Which also means that our leading characters, as well as our own ones, are a whole bunch of hypocrites. We overthrew Sylvanas because she was a crazy asshole, but just before that, we had gladly teamed with another crazy asshole - just because he happened to have the same goals than us. And then we have to endure morality lessons from the writing team wtf.
    Blizzard's narrative sometimes goes further than what's happening in game and goes as far as telling you and your character what their morals should be. This happened with MoP with the sudden turning on Garrosh, happened in Legion with Xe'ra and they almost did it again in BFA until people complained, hell it even happened with the Death Knights turning on Arthas(i was pro Scourge the whole time!)

    And now we're seeing it again with new Horde player intro being told how good they are, the Forsaken fight for the Living!

    I know at times it can be boring for the Alliance to always be a certain way, but for a Horde player, it's a headache to be told how to think and act and how often it changes, depending on Blizzard's narrative.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's why I think that the Scarlet Crusade folks were the most loyal and consequent followers of the Light.
    yeah, thats the dark side of the cookie always hated them. what sucks imo the most, is that so many of them where previously knights of the silver hand. but i liked the books about the first four knights and the original story of turalyon. i like that holy warrior setup. i like how noble they are. scarlet crusade is the not so great contrast to that. and many of the knights of the silber hand joined them. maybe thats the fine line between „justice“, „retribution“ and „wrath“

  15. #175
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    28,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, thats the dark side of the cookie always hated them. what sucks imo the most, is that so many of them where previously knights of the silver hand. but i liked the books about the first four knights and the original story of turalyon. i like that holy warrior setup. i like how noble they are. scarlet crusade is the not so great contrast to that. and many of the knights of the silber hand joined them. maybe thats the fine line between „justice“, „retribution“ and „wrath“
    Or being addled by the influence of a powerful Nathrezim demon (Balnazzar) hiding in Saiden Dathrohan's corpse.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •