Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Illidan doesn't force his destiny on anyone, what the fuck are you talking about?
    For somebody who doesn't he engages in slavery and human(oid)-sacrifice a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But no one brought up Anduin and Talanji
    My point was that most of the time here, everyone is always bitching (and correctly so, i might add) that most of the "good" characters we have are the ultimate goody-two-shoes.
    And yet when someone like Illidan does some questionable shit, while not being a villain, they all bitch about that too.
    Just used Anduin and Talanji as an example. Both are perfect, flawless characters, and people bitch about it (again, rightfully so, they are annoying). But now the same people bitch about Illidan too, because he ISNT aperfect, flawless character.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    My point was that most of the time here, everyone is always bitching (and correctly so, i might add) that most of the "good" characters we have are the ultimate goody-two-shoes.
    And yet when someone like Illidan does some questionable shit, while not being a villain, they all bitch about that too.
    Just used Anduin and Talanji as an example. Both are perfect, flawless characters, and people bitch about it (again, rightfully so, they are annoying). But now the same people bitch about Illidan too, because he ISNT aperfect, flawless character.
    People bitch about stuff in WoW. OOooOooOOoooOooo, tell me it isn't so

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People bitch about stuff in WoW. OOooOooOOoooOooo, tell me it isn't so
    Yeah and I have never seen shills in this forum. It's all rainbow and sunshine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Not really, it's more about not wanting to wank Illidan as some paragon of virtue. Yes Xe'ra was an obnoxious chandelier, but at the same time Illidan acted like a hypocrite. "My destiny is my own!", that didn't apply to the Moonguard arcanists he killed without their consent. I'm not even saying that makes Illidan a bad character.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-04-26 at 05:44 PM.

That cinematic was pretty cringe because the whole conflict seemed so forced just to make Illidan look cool and the light worshippers like sheeple.
    Now dont get me wrong, I love Illidan, but the only reason that cinematic happened the way it did was to further the plot.
    First, Illidan totally shouldn't be powerful enough to just one shot her like that. But fine, lets say that happened. So the hole army of light just glossed over the fact that some DH just killed what is essentially their divine? That is utter nonsense. Both the army of light and the draenei would have tried to kill or at least imprison him after what did in a realistic setting. But nah, they just let Illidan cuck them and never again mention it happened.

Also, so many people here acting like xera would have turned him into a slave to the light, but where did you even get that from? We don't see any other members of the army of light presented as a mindless slave. They all have a personality and are doing their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    She'd been a useful ally against the legion.
    she treated him the same way sargeras did
    she told him his sacrifices were nothing
    she tried to force him to accept her power

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    he's a massive hypocrite and will force people to bend to his will without a second thought but refuses to let the same happen to him.
    That isn't hypocrisy, that is just wanting to be the one on top.

Because Xe'ra did a lot of wrong while Illidan did none

I mean, we saw what Alternate Universe Xe'ra did on Draenor. Those Draenei follow The Light Mother, according to their dialogue. Xe'ra doesn't get name-dropped, but that is her title.

A'dal is a champion of the Balance. Xe'ra isn't interested in balance. She is interested in the Light's victory. And has no tolerance for alternate paths.

Her path and Illidan's were never going to align just like that. And both she and Illidan are more than willing to force the hand of destiny.

Because in WoW killing is the answer to every problem.

Also watch the cinematic. And her followers were pretty fanatic prior to her death.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    That doesn't mean it was a reflection lol. That's the first time I've ever heard that one though I like it
    Yes it does. His eyes turn gold literally as Xe'ra's body is restored. This isn't even something I came up with, I saw this mentioned several times and it makes 100% sense. It's nothing particularly complex like "Oh Turalyon was mind-controlled by Xe'ra and the golden eyes prove it!"-

Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    Because the Light being forced upon people, as demonstrated in the Mag'har recruitment quests, is not a good thing.

The path of the exalted can be paved with blood and fire as much as the path of darkness can. And the Naaru border on malevolent at times, I feel... What if Velen had stood and fought for Argus instead of listening to the magic wind chimes and fleeing? Illidan realized what Velen, for all his wisdom, was too blinded to see- that his destiny was his own and that he didn't need X'era's gift to fight the Legion, especially with the manner in which it was granted to him.
    Practically? 2 other leaders were against him, which most likely means most of the population too. Plus, what could he have done against Sargeras except dying?

That feel when people got all bitchy when they tried to white-wash Illidan's actions from TBC, which were out of character to begin with, but then when they appropriately addressed the fact that he's very hypocritical in actions that did make sense to make up for it, people treat it like a bug rather than a feature.

Yes it does. His eyes turn gold literally as Xe'ra's body is restored. This isn't even something I came up with, I saw this mentioned several times and it makes 100% sense. It's nothing particularly complex like "Oh Turalyon was mind-controlled by Xe'ra and the golden eyes prove it!"-
    Blizzard's in-game cinematic team is pretty impressive from WoD onward, but how many other examples exist of lighting sources allegedly having impact on someone's eyes in real time?

How useful could she have been if he blasted her apart so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    That feel when people got all bitchy when they tried to white-wash Illidan's actions from TBC, which were out of character to begin with, but then when they appropriately addressed the fact that he's very hypocritical in actions that did make sense to make up for it, people treat it like a bug rather than a feature.

Blizzard's in-game cinematic team is pretty impressive from WoD onward, but how many other examples exist of lighting sources allegedly having impact on someone's eyes in real time?
    Off the top of my head, when Jaina tried to attack Baine in the Derek cinematic she had lightning in her eyes.

Off the top of my head, when Jaina tried to attack Baine in the Derek cinematic she had lightning in her eyes.
    You're kind of proving my point. It's not just the spell exerting that lighting source on the casual, because all of that is being done manually to invoke what the developers are trying to convey - Jaina is distrusting of the meeting and still traumatized by Theramore and as a result reverts briefly to being wrathful. The eyes are being illuminated to visually convey this huge shift in her disposition.

Xe'ra exerting external influence on Turalyon's eyes wouldn't have been done if it didn't have a significant narrative purpose. Blizzard is among the least subtle storytellers in any medium.

10+ Year Old Account
    To prove how edgy he is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Illidan killed her because Xe'ra was a bully and he is a guy with anger issues among many other issues he has..... it was just meant to happen :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Illidan was sacrificing people before he even made his deal with Sargeras he kills all the mages under his command and absorbs there power back in the war of the ancients then hides behind “there was no other way” when he didn’t even try any other then boosting his own power.

- - - Updated - - -

Drained his mages of life against there will.
    Enslaved the orcs of Outland.
    Enslaved the goats of Outland and stole there temple.
    Burned goat souls to power his portals even when they were his allies.
    Forces a portal to argus open over Azeroth.

Just because we won in the end doesn’t clear him of all the evils things he did and all the people he forced against there will to work for him.
    1. Fuck em, there was a war to be won, and he needed their power to win it, same as Arthas when he took up Frostmourne.
    2. What?
    3. In the lore, he had gone insane at his point after his fight with Arthas, but then the retcon fucked it up and it makes no sense anymore.
    Not that the original lore made any sense, it's not Illidan's style to enslave people, though he does use them.
    4. What??
    5. Yeah, cause we needed to end that shit once and for all. Too much time had be spent on the defense with the Legion, we needed to surprise them for once.

- - - Updated - - -

She's channeling the Arcane dude....Khadgar has the same thing as far back as Warcraft 2.