Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    How could corruptions be allowed in arena meanwhile bloodlust and battle rez is not allowed?...
    Eh, technically a weaker, softer form of both BL AND Battle Rezzing is allowed in Arenas.

The better question is - Why is Corruption allowed, but Potions, Flasks, Food, and other things not? Everyone has access to those as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Why can't I just do challenging content and get rewarded for it instead?
    That's not what OP asked though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That's not what OP asked though.
    I know, I'm just saying. Why can't they just a set a bar for rewards and than reward players? Not a you could maybe possibly and even kind of get the right corruption but only potentially. It could happen but it also might not. It's not impossible but the odds of it being possible...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I know, I'm just saying. Why can't they just a set a bar for rewards and than reward players? Not a you could maybe possibly and even kind of get the right corruption but only potentially. It could happen but it also might not. It's not impossible but the odds of it being possible...
    Because loot acquisition has always and will always be RNG based.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    How could corruptions be allowed in arena meanwhile bloodlust and battle rez is not allowed?...
    There is bloodlust in arena though, you know this right?

When it comes to competitive ranked pvp like areans, gear should not matter. With the tech they have with allowing gear in certain areas, like timewalking tech, there is no reason there can't be arena gear vendors for rated pvp gear. Disable all pve gear in ranked arena and just use the arena gear.

As far as bg's and world pvp, let that shit be the wild west it's always been.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Corruption should just be disabled in instanced pvp. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    When it comes to competitive ranked pvp like areans, gear should not matter. With the tech they have with allowing gear in certain areas, like timewalking tech, there is no reason there can't be arena gear vendors for rated pvp gear. Disable all pve gear in ranked arena and just use the arena gear.

As far as bg's and world pvp, let that shit be the wild west it's always been.
    It should always matter. People who play more and play better should have and edge over those that play less but also play on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    It should always matter. People who play more and play better should have and edge over those that play less but also play on the same level.
    In pve sure, bg's sure, world pvp who cares, but rated pvp no. If you are so confident in your abilities as a player, why do you need a gear advantage to win? Doesn't having everyone on an equal playing field make you victory that much better when you know you bested your opponent with skill not gear? And I think people who are actually at high level rankings wouldn't give a shit, it's only the people who have been carried by obscure corruptions or their mythic pve gear who have an issue with it.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Because loot acquisition has always and will always be RNG based.
    There are acceptable levels but not rng on top of rng with a side of rng.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Dunno, maybe because everyone can get corruption, unlike brez and hero?
    Are drums allowed?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

In pve sure, bg's sure, world pvp who cares, but rated pvp no. If you are so confident in your abilities as a player, why do you need a gear advantage to win? Doesn't having everyone on an equal playing field make you victory that much better when you know you bested your opponent with skill not gear? And I think people who are actually at high level rankings wouldn't give a shit, it's only the people who have been carried by obscure corruptions or their mythic pve gear who have an issue with it.
    Then play Call of Duty and stop asking for an RPG to stop being an RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Just because it is your top damage doesnt equal in being high pressure.

An unholy dk has dot dmg usually #1, doesnt mean their dots are killing you.
    What the fuck? Yes it does haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I have no problems with an rpg, in fact I love the gear progression of my toon, in general. But what your advocating is the equivalent of having high school sports players play against college players while not wearing protective gear because " They have played longer" . Ranked pvp isn't and rpg aspect of the game, don t fry to pretend like it is and that you give a shit about rpg on rated areans.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Just because it is your top damage doesnt equal in being high pressure.

An unholy dk has dot dmg usually #1, doesnt mean their dots are killing you.
    What an idiotic reply. Do you read your own post? If a trait is someone's top damage ability then of course it is putting a lot of pressure. Unholy dk dot damage is #1 and that is what killing you. Now they actually take the pvp talent Nacromancer's bargain which is a dot over direct damage.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you sir. Finally someone who makes sense. Rated pvp is not about stomping on someone, it should be about skill. So gear should not matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Your logic doesn't make any sense. Having equal playing field has nothing to do with RPG. Wow pvp with regards to gear has always been about equal playing field except for BfA. In WoD and every expansion before conquest pvp gear was the best in pvp and once you have earned that you were in equal playing field.

Welcome to the stupidity that is WOW pvp. As long as ridiculous RNG exists for what are essentially Non-pvp items this stupidity will prevail, its been occurring in way or another with one piece of gear or another since day 1 of WOW. Blizzard doesn't see this as an issue which is why they DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh, technically a weaker, softer form of both BL AND Battle Rezzing is allowed in Arenas.

The better question is - Why is Corruption allowed, but Potions, Flasks, Food, and other things not? Everyone has access to those as well.
    WE used to be able to use food, potions, and flasks in arena and I thought it was a great idea to goldsink it but Nope Fun's detected, play in hard way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Welcome to the stupidity that is WOW pvp. As long as ridiculous RNG exists for what are essentially Non-pvp items this stupidity will prevail, its been occurring in way or another with one piece of gear or another since day 1 of WOW. Blizzard doesn't see this as an issue which is why they DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.
    MoP and WoD wasn't too bad gear wise, even if catching up was a pain. But I think Legion did it best. Trinkets and legendaries were disabled in PvP and stats on gear was irrelevant. The only thing that mattered was ilvl, and the difference wasn't very big unless you were severely undergeared. We had something very close to a perfect system. But people of course had to cry about not being to customize their characters, which first led us to the azerite armor lottery at the beginning of BfA, and now the pay to win corruption situation.

Competitive PVP should have standardized gear sets, period. Let the rewards be titles/cosmetics/mounts.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just came in to gloat that, finally, able to rock a rank 3 (+66 Corruption) Mind Flay tentacle on a 460 piece as well as a rank 2 (+35 Corruption) ((I think that's rank 2?)) Gushing Wounds on another 460 piece. Life is good but Thing From Beyond sucks.

I can confirm that both of them just wreck. Was doing 2's and after I put full bleeds up, GW proc'd with 2 Mind Flay tentacles and that was the end of that dude. Perhaps GW needs a nerf.