10+ Year Old Account

Switching Regions

I have some friends that are on the Europe Region. If I wanted to switch, it says that nothing comes with me (which is fine) and I basically start with a clean slate.

That said, can I switch back and forth? If I switch to Europe, start fresh, play with my friends there.. Can I then switch back to my NA region later in the day (with all my current stuff) and play that (Obviously without them)

Or is this a case of.. Switch region, lose everything, its gone.

Do I need to get a second Battle.net account and buy D3 for Europe only?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I am pretty sure you keep your stuff on every region, as each region is seperate, so your EU stuff wont be affected by what you do on NA and vice versa.

This is from the official blizz post about global play: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7558

*Edit reply to clarify.
    Last edited by Ergunk; 2020-04-26 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post
    I am pretty sure you keep your stuff on every region.

This is from the official blizz post about global play: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7558
    Yeah I read that but it was very vague, about switching back and forth and keeping things
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You can switch back and fourth at will. Think of each region as an individual account.

The only thing that will come with you are things unlocked at a Bnet account level, such as achievements for buying a Blizzcon ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Yeah I read that but it was very vague, about switching back and forth and keeping things
    You will keep your things. It is two seperate "profiles" you could say.

Only thing you need to becareful about is the patch update as NA gets patches before EU, so if you download the patch on NA you wont be able to play on EU untill the day after according to their website:

Note: When your client patches, you will be locked out of any other regions that have not yet received that patch. Once those regions undergo maintenance and patch as well, you will be able to play in those regions.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I have some friends that are on the Europe Region. If I wanted to switch, it says that nothing comes with me (which is fine) and I basically start with a clean slate.

That said, can I switch back and forth? If I switch to Europe, start fresh, play with my friends there.. Can I then switch back to my NA region later in the day (with all my current stuff) and play that (Obviously without them)

Or is this a case of.. Switch region, lose everything, its gone.

Do I need to get a second Battle.net account and buy D3 for Europe only?
    i switch all the time, just a complete fresh start from scratch and you will have access to all content you have purchased, just lose out on any cosmetics from pre orders and such.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

All regions exist and persist independently.

As said above, you can treat them like separate accounts. You can switch between at will, and nothing you do on one will affect the other. They're completely separate.

Also, for me at least, ping has been surprisingly good in D3. I can play on both EU and Asia without much of a problem. If you're doing bleeding-edge high end stuff you'll notice, but for casual play it's been completely reasonable for me.